What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question re "My Strains"

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
I'm a little unclear as to what this "My Strains" option is.

Is it simply a way of bookmarking a number of strains of interest to me, so that I have quick fingertip access to information....

Or

Is it for promoting/telling the world about strains I have created? Which as Black Rain has noted, is not much use to anyone if I haven't released those genetics out to the public.

Could you clear this up for me?

Thanks, and thanks for all the hard work you guys put in keeping this site top-notch. :joint:

Skip

Veteran
My Strains lets you keep track of strains of interest, yes.

If you have a private strain you created that is not commercially available, you can check the "private strain" box and the strain will only be visible to you.

While there may be some interest in what you have achieved with your strain, since no one else can get their hands on it, it's a disservice for ppl to read thru your info and then be unable to obtain your strain. In other words the public strainguide is for commerically available strains.

T

The_Rambler

Hey guys thanks for clearing that one up for me, i thought if was a list of what we were growing.