What's new

HELP...doublediesel and smurfberry auto's.

DIRT DIGGLER

I have a question I hope someone can answer, can anyone tell me if the doublediesel and smurfberry are true autoflower's i.e flower under 24/0,or are they just light sensitve auto's.

from what I have been reading on the net, other growers are saying they are not true auto's, and they are having to switch to 12/12.

I have just purchased a pack of each and would like to know what I'm up against. if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have you contacted the seedbank where purchased and asked them ?

S_a_H

marijuana

word on the street is that they are not true AFs although im sure some of the seeds will AF according to Gregor Mendel and his trait charts, but no expectations, right? haha.

I am doubtful they will flower under 24/0, usually these pseudo AFs will flower when theres more than 4 hours of darkness a day. I would grow them under 24/0 until they have reached your desired height than switch your light over to 18/6 or something around there to start flowering, maybe even a few hours less of light. Or just let them do their thing under 18/6 the whole time and after a few weeks of growing they will flower on their own.

tell us how they turn out, I hear the double-diez has a crazy strong smell to it!

DIRT DIGGLER

here's part of the e-mail I recieved.

Qoute:there is a problem with the smurfberry batch. they are not auto
flowering! i can exchange them for new seeds. the double diesel
should be fine. the liniage is diesel x lowryder. personally i dont like
the autoflowering types. never had liked things with ruderalis in them.
however the market demands it. at the moment we do not create our
autoflowering varieties and buy them from our supplier.

they did however say they would replace my seeds.

so needless to say I was rather disappointed to here that saga doesn't breed there own auto's. I guess I'll have to wait until I do a 12/12 run to grow out the smurfberry's...but I will try 18/6 first and see what happens. I'll post the results of my progress when the time comes.

thanks for your help.
DIRT.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to hear that and hopefully they get some to you ASAP and they are true AF's.

S_a_H

Latest posts

Latest posts