What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strain Guide Suggestions

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
I think that all the strains should be approved before they are allowed in. I've noticed that there are a million different hybrids in there now, most of which will never be grown by the public.

basscadet

Suggestion

If there was a way of linking to all grows through the tagging function, then have a thread here containing all the named strains

for example;
list of strains by name,
click on the name that takes you to a list of all the grow threads of that strain on one page.
From there you could scroll down to find all the different ways (medium, lighting, style) that strain is grown.

Hopefully that makes sense... just a thought

I agree with basscadet, i think the strain directory should link each strain to a page with all its own details like, Lineage, breeder, seed/clone form, Grow reports from people who had success and not so much success, Reports of people who have crossed the strain also. I may not be considering something, but IMO the above would help.
Thanks Skip.

Last edited:

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
consider adding drop down bars for some criteria (stature, buzz) like og strainguide

make the ratings out of 10

Skip

Veteran
I agree with basscadet, i think the strain directory should link each strain to a page with all its own details like, Lineage, breeder, seed/clone form, Grow reports from people who had success and not so much success, Reports of people who have crossed the strain also. I may not be considering something, but IMO the above would help.
Thanks Skip.
Go to the strainguide. Type in the name of the strain. That's it, you get all you asked for already.

L

LolaGal

a couple of things about submitting a grow report I find frustrating.

No paragraphs are allowed in the grow report, it squishes out paragraphs.

Also, when I put the things I want highlighted with bold (headers) in the report, it won't utilize the code. [example my Cali Orange report]

I am on dialup, so sometimes I work really hard to add a grow report and I get a database error when I submit it. Or, I am adding pics to a grow report and get a database error.

I think this is happening when I have already submitted one grow report and it is waiting for approval, it seems the system sometimes has trouble handling another addition/revision if there is a report waiting for approval?

not complaining, just trying to give you some feedback. thanks.

I often edit my grow reports after they have been approved, cause I am afraid I will get a database error page upon submission, and lose all that work. (It has happened)

maybe it is just me? dunno.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
greetings people !

it's been now around 2 years since I started growing indoor. Have learned a lot these past two years, and still have much more to learn so I can become a good indoor grower.

Until now I've been feeding & watering my plants the same food & same regularity, even though knowing that each strain has specific needs. I wanna take the step now, and take the time to prepare the right solution for each & every different strain I grow.

Only thing is that it's not always easy to find a feeding schedule for a given strain. There are plenty of strain guides on the net, but none provide a feeding schedule. Well, there are some grower (few) reports with some info about that, but one has to read everything ot find about.

I think it would be great to have a sticky thread (or add some section to strainguide pages) where one could find the feeding & watering schedules, and appropriate ECs, for each strains. What do you people think about it ?

Irie !

B

Beanbag

No Barney's Farm?

No Barney's Farm?

Not sure if the Strain Guide is still being maintained but the absence of Barney's Farm from the Breeder List seems like a glaring omission considering the amount of Cannabis Cup winners and top strains they produce.

http://www.barneysfarm.com/

I did a search for a few strains and found one listing for LSD that has a hotlink on Barneys Farm but it doesn't go anywhere.

Thanks much for all the work. -B

marmarb

Maybe like a tag for sog like if Its a God sog strain rather than having to know of specific station if you hit than will give you a list

Latest posts

Latest posts