What's new

pin-hole burns on the BlueSt.

marijuana

whats up everyone :bandit:

About 10 days ago I noticed the larger leaves around the mid-section of my bluestreak started showing signs of what i thought was nute burn. I watched it for a couple days, flushed it, and cut back the nutes but these little pin-holes keep popping up. The leaves were never crispy and are not yellowing but every couple leaves have small holes (literally the size or a pin or pen tip) that have a thin yellowish "scab" around the perimeter.

I'm not sure if they keep reappearing because of residual food in the soil or if it is a whole different issue. Should i flush a couple more times, im kind of hesitant because i dont want to go overboard. I have a feeling its not the Advanced nute 3part formula because the plant showed no symptoms of nute burn early on while it was substantially smaller and weaker. after about a week of straight water I started it back up with watered down nutes and has been doing fine but still has the same deal. It seems that no matter what i do these things continue to spread. At this point its not bad, theres only a speckling of holes but are there any suggestions as to what might be causing this? it still has a solid 3 or 4 weeks left before harvest, trying not to stress the thing or over do it in these key weeks. :abduct:

Scarecrow082

Same thing

Same thing

Having the same problems with mine, have about six weeks to go. How did yours go did it have any negative effects?

J

JackKerouac

It sounds like mites. Or do you have an ozone generator in there?

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have just spent the last 10 days trying to find what caused mine i was thinking mites or some sort of bug, i spent hours with a magnifying glass looking for bugs but none were found
After some research i found that calcium/ mag will get locked out at 5.7ph(coco) or below and will cause the leaf to tear or there will be a small brown or white spot from lack of cal/mag which will result in a pin hole
I was feeding at 5.8 but after testing my ph meter with new calibrating solution i found my ph pen was out by 0.2-0.3 so i was feeding at 5.6
Do a advanced search with the key word holes and you will find some other support info
hope this helps

marijuana

I have just spent the last 10 days trying to find what caused mine i was thinking mites or some sort of bug, i spent hours with a magnifying glass looking for bugs but none were found
After some research i found that calcium/ mag will get locked out at 5.7ph(coco) or below and will cause the leaf to tear or there will be a small brown or white spot from lack of cal/mag which will result in a pin hole
I was feeding at 5.8 but after testing my ph meter with new calibrating solution i found my ph pen was out by 0.2-0.3 so i was feeding at 5.6
Do a advanced search with the key word holes and you will find some other support info
hope this helps

Nice Shaunmulok! that sounds like whats up, thanks for the info :yes: A grower friend tells me that calcium deficiency can be a bitch while the plant is flowering because adding lime to the soil takes too long to take effect and adding calcium nitrate to the water can mess with the flowering or make it worse because of the nutes i had already been watering with. He recommended burying quarters of tums above the roots so calcium leeches into the soil like time release. who knows, makes sense though. Im going to give it a try, i don't always trust hippies but this one knows the grow. :abduct:

I'm pretty sure its not mites or any pest, iv got some bomb anti-bug soap that works wonders and haven't seen anything crawling around. i have exactly what shaunmoluk described with pinholes and the rips on the side of the leaves. I have about 3 weeks left with flowering, the bud is fine but i think this problem might be slowing the process because early on it was really popping but now the bud build up is not as noticeable. :bandit:

Latest posts

Latest posts