What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AK 47 slow to show sex?

Mr.Pyrex

Anyone familiar with this from what i counted by the first set of leaves i'm on day 18 and still no sign of sex on any of them there getting nice and big but no pistils or balls im gonna go ahead and say any day now but just wanted to see if anyone had this late showing too?, thanks

my low 2s and diseals are at 24 days and still a few havent shown sex yet, i had a few show at 21 days though.. sit tight dont worry, 18 days is a little earlier though i did see a ak/blueberry in this forum that showed ridicously early and id luv to get that phenotype and make some seeds from it-

*mr.mike*

I think it all depends on where or who the seeds came from.

There have got to be at least 5 really popular kinds of auto ak out there... it was pretty popular for a long time.

theres not 5 kinds, theres more like one and other seed banks buying theese seeds and selling them after they mated a male n a female and produced their own seeds, the variation comes from what characteristics they choose to use, vigor,,height,yeild,potency,,etc.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
While it's no guarantee, the longer it takes, the higher probability of females.

C

Ch@ppers

Usually I can tell sex by day 14, sometimes a few days earlier or a few days later...but I am extremely experienced and practiced.

The longer the auto takes before it starts throwing out pistils the better! That slightly longer veg stage makes a huge difference in yield!

Ch@ppers

antimatter

Veteran
month and a half for my in ground ones but this was with crappy soil, indoors there 3-4 weeks to show sex, a lot has to do with nice sunny days, overcast and cold weather and they take longer.