What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blue Streak rough start

marijuana

The season started out pretty terrible on the east side of of the 41 degree here in the States. Constant cloud cover, heavy rain and fog, the cold, and a nor'easter threw off my plans for a couple weeks to the point where i had to plant so i could get in a full flowering period before i had to leave after the summer. I got a pack of Blue streak from dr. chron about 5 months ago and have finally been able to get them going despite the weather. They have been going now for a little under a month, only sprouted five (dont know what i was thinking) and after 2 1/2 weeks 4 males poped to my surprise leaving me with one female who just sprouted her first white hairs only days ago. the weather is finally perfect and the plant is getting good light from sun rise to sun set now, but for being a month old its only 7 inches high (the males are huge of course). I have left my self with a solid 7+ weeks for flowering.

How will this thing react after weeks of limited sun and cold? it looks stunted because of its hight but is already smelling a little nice and looks very healthy. this is only my second AF outdoor grow and figured i could not really compare experiences with my AF AK x Hindu Kush grow that grew large and slow.

What do you guys recommend? is this height normal for the strain at this point or should i just bomb it with ferts and nutes (within reason) and hope for the best? it has a pretty good setup with good soil and composted manure but how big is she going to get through flowering? Will she gain much girth or do i have a stunted plant on my hands? :abduct:

lowrdr

pictures help. ive found my auto's start slow but do speed up once they get into flower. however, if they haven't really been getting much direct sunlight then they will be stunted and streaky. upload some pictures and people will be able to help more

raz1012

Well there are a couple different phenos of the Bluestreak. I had one finish at 8". What is your pot size?

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my blue streak has performed terribly. what a waste of 50$ for 10 seeds. out of 10 seeds, i got 4 females. they are just starting to flower and are about 8 inches tall. i know they are auto-flowering but the last mdanzig af's i got, grew to about 2-3 feet when they were finished. i'll be lucky to yields 4 grams of bud from an 8 inch plant.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
seed boutique. i forgot to mention. they get direct sunlight from sunrise to sunset. if anyone on here asked me if they should buy them. i would tell them not to waste their money. i got 20 short stuff seeds from dope seeds for 50$. they look better and are growing faster than the blue streak.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
seed boutique

Thanks......

Sorry to hear your BS grow isn't what you expected.

Around Christmas - new Years expect some new BS to pop up. I am going to be starting a seed run as soon as my test grow for shanti is over.

It won't be a huge run but I am going to start 40 seeds and select from there and i'll be posting the grow here for all to see where those seeds came from.

S_a_H

marijuana

Well there are a couple different phenos of the Bluestreak. I had one finish at 8". What is your pot size?

Yea that's what I am hopeing for, but it's in a 3 gallon pot. My friend had 3 blue streak indoors and they came out awesome but outdoors I get the feeling new england weather is just not what's up. That's reassuring that others have had similar happenings but I'll try and get some pics.

On the upside I did get some bomb organic sea tea and ill nutes. Maybe it will be more than an 1/8 on a stick :noway:

at two weeks after breaking soil, my BS are not big at all, but they seem to be getting a bit happier.

I'm not sure exactly what fertilizer to put in to help them grow, so i've just got some basic nutrients going in. Might pick up something this week to help them along. I am looking for suggestions on what to feed my plants two weeks post breaking soil.

lowrdr

they shouldnt need anything for about 3 weeks and even then feeding should be very light. seedlings have enough energy from the seed and in the soil to last 3 weeks

I

IceColdCrickets

BS seems to be as picky as True BlueBerry. newts and conditions have to what they want or this is what you get,, stunted dwarfs. Hopefully the New Stock will be better.

marijuana

My little plant has shown a lot of improvement over the last week. I started using Advanced Nutrients 3 part mix, each part is specifically made for each stage of the plant, one for sprouts, one for veg, and one for flowering but you mix them all together and add more of the one type depending on how old the plant is. add a little organic sea tea and mix them all together for some plant steroids. after a week its gained some height and has doubled the girth with resin glands popping up everywhere.

they do seem very picky, my friends indoor B.S.' were fed the same nutes throughout the whole grow and did great vegging but when it started flowering there was some kind of excess and leaves just started dying from the bottom up. with such a small plant going overboard is is always so devastating and messes with flowering.