What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Organic Vs. Chemical Nutes/Additives Side By Side (Roots Organics vs GH FloraDuo)

D

DGSIX

Organic Vs. Chem bottled nutrients/additives FLOWER WK3

Organic Vs. Chem bottled nutrients/additives FLOWER WK3

I'm here, I'm here! And smoking on a fat ass bowl of Pineapple something... What's new this week friends?

3rd week of flowering for the little ladies...

Organic

10ml Buddha Grow
15ml Buddha Bloom
5ml Extreme Serene
15ml Trinity
10ml HP2
5ml CaMg+
5ml Hygrozyme
2ml Bloombastic

Chem
5ml FloraDuo A
10ml FloraDuo B
5ml FloraBlend
2.5ml Bloom Roots
1ml Floralicious Plus
5ml Liquid KoolBloom
5ml CaMg+
5ml Hygrozyme

Now for the fun stuff... Pretty pictures.... Bubblicious (Left) Blue Mystic (Right) Organic up front today, and chems in back.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

This has been a lot of fun and I have decided to do a documented blind taste test with the final product amongst some friends. Should be interesting...

I have a question for you knowledgable folks. The girls seem to be drinking more, I have been giving each 2gal smart pot a litre (or 1/4 gallon) each when watering and feeding. Feed Monday, RO water Thurs or Friday depending on how heavy the pots feel.

Lately, it seems as if 1 litre is not enough, I feel like I could water and feed twice a week...

Should I bump up to two litre/half gal and try and stick to my 1 water and 1 feed weekly schedule or feed more??? Any suggestions on a new schedule? They are going to start bulking soon and I don't want to effect that in anyway but positively :ying:

Thanks,

:tiphat: DG6 :tiphat:

Dkgrower

Veteran
Nice all looking good and healthy..

With that size container and plant size i would water less and more often.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
I'm here, I'm here! And smoking on a fat ass bowl of Pineapple something... What's new this week friends?

3rd week of flowering for the little ladies...

Organic

10ml Buddha Grow
15ml Buddha Bloom
5ml Extreme Serene
15ml Trinity
10ml HP2
5ml CaMg+
5ml Hygrozyme
2ml Bloombastic

Chem
5ml FloraDuo A
10ml FloraDuo B
5ml FloraBlend
2.5ml Bloom Roots
1ml Floralicious Plus
5ml Liquid KoolBloom
5ml CaMg+
5ml Hygrozyme

Now for the fun stuff... Pretty pictures....

View attachment 149624

View attachment 149625

View attachment 149626

View attachment 149627

View attachment 149628

View attachment 149629

This has been a lot of fun and I have decided to do a documented blind taste test with the final product amongst some friends. Should be interesting...

I have a question for you knowledgable folks. The girls seem to be drinking more, I have been giving each 2gal smart pot a litre (or 1/4 gallon) each when watering and feeding. Feed Monday, RO water Thurs or Friday depending on how heavy the pots feel.

Lately, it seems as if 1 litre is not enough, I feel like I could water and feed twice a week...

Should I bump up to two litre/half gal and try and stick to my 1 water and 1 feed weekly schedule or feed more??? Any suggestions on a new schedule? They are going to start bulking soon and I don't want to effect that in anyway but positively :ying:

Thanks,

:tiphat: DG6 :tiphat:

DG6, the best time to water is when your plants need it. Ditch the schedules and feed/water when your plants need watering. I tend to my plants at least 3 times a day checking pots to see which plants need watering. I dont have any on a single schedule. They're fertigated at each watering, whenever the media needs watering, so I dont need to worry about a water/feed, or water/ water/feed, or whichever schedule you've chosen. Remember that your plants are undergoing moisture stress and reduced photosynthesis before wilting actually occurs, so remember that when deciding to water.

You want a moist, but not soggy media, and definitely don't let the soil dry out.

Once full budding sets in, your water needs are going to increase, as well as feeding needs, so the last thing I would want you to do is to under-water at this point.

If you're unsure if you are watering enough, pay attention to the lowest foliage. If you are losing alot of lower fan leaves to N defiency, and drying out very quickly, then you are most likely under-watering. Watch for leaf abscission as well. Although, very high soluble salts can achieve the same effect.

Your plants look great, btw. I love seeing beautiful fan leaves..

Bio boy

ony just noticed this, awsome read dude,
just one question is the layout the same as title

is it organic on left and chem on right?

D

DGSIX

Hey guys, thanks for the comments and watering advice! And also to answer your question, I try and rotate the plants around the room as much as possible so they get as even of growth as possible.

In the photos its Bubblicious (Left) Blue Mystic (Right) Organic up front today, and chems in back.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

:dance013:

DG6

D

DGSIX

Organic Vs. Chem Flower Week 4!

Organic Vs. Chem Flower Week 4!

Hey friendlies. This week I have some more flicks for ya'll and 2 that need diagnosis only with the Roots Organics. I lightened my feeding this week just in case. Hope you can help and they aren't hurt too badly.

Organic

5ml Buddha Grow
5ml Buddha Bloom
5ml Extreme Serene
5ml Trinity
4ml Bloombastic
5ml CaMg+
5ml Hygrozyme

Chems
PH 6.0 800ppm
2.5ml FloraDuo A
7.5ml FloraDuo B
1ml Advanced Bloom Roots
1ml Floralicious Plus
5ml Liquid KoolBloom

Now for the pretty pictures...

Canopy
DSC_0002.jpg DSC_0003.jpg

Blue Mystic
DSC_0004.jpg DSC_0007.jpg

Bubblicious
DSC_0005.jpg DSC_0013.jpg DSC_0006.jpg

I have had the same foliar "burning" you see in the second pic below around this time flowering the past 3 runs with the Roots line. I am going to give them a nice rinse with clearex incase I have any lock out once they dry out a bit from monday's feeding. I have also stopped using their hp2 and hpk and replaced it with Bloombastic. As for the first pic, i don't think it's powdery mildew, it's crispy like it's burnt as well. Check it out...

Now for the not so pretty pics...

DSC_0008.jpg DSC_0011.jpg

Thanks for the reps, comments, advice, and positive energy everyone!

-DG6- :wave:

J

jonnybgood29

those "burns" remind me of what i used to see when i had hard water. have you checked your ph?

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
The first picture looks like PM to me. The second picture looks very much like the sort of burns I would see occasionally with seedlings in Fox Farm Ocean Forest. I'm not sure what causes this, but I suspect it is some sort of fertilizer burn (phosphorus?) as my plants would always grow out as they go bigger or the soil cooled.
______

You are using a lot of products. Cost might be a consideration for some people. I'm wondering if you could provide a estimated cost breakdown for each method based on the products that you are currently using at the rates you are currently using them. Thanks.

Pine

I use organic based nutes .. i.e. deoderised fish emulsion and for flowering I use mollasses with a little fish emulsion added.

plus throwing in some live worms does wonders .. and worms prefer organic ..

some good potting mix as well ..

using chemical nutes is eay to overfeed and burn your plants and also the awful taste some hydro chems leave in the bud even if you do a good flush.

sprinkl

Veteran
I myself am under the impression a decent chemical feeding program tries to mimic what happens in organic soil, and thus will never be as good, but it might come very close. It might be as good or even better than organic quantity wise, but quality wise it doesn't seem possible. The decomposition of organic materials by bacteria creates so many bio-active byproducts, I don't believe it will ever be possible to reproduce that 100% exactly the same.

D

DGSIX

@jonnybgood my ph is always about 8 after it come through the RO and my nutes bring it down. With the organics, I don't level the ph, with my chems I keep em between 5.8 and 6.0. Soil tester says 7.

@Pine Cone I'm pretty sure i just dripped salty water from the bottom of my smart pot onto that leaf when moving the plants in and out of the tent after a watering cause i have seen no signs of any more of the random leaf funk. And the burn is still unknown to me. I gave em a light rinse with clearex then fed them, then gave them another light rinse with clearex again today.

Thanks for the help guys!

D

DGSIX

Organic Vs. Chemical flowering day 32

Organic Vs. Chemical flowering day 32

Hey friends, sorry i'm a bit delayed on the update, I've been busy setting up a new veg. tent and etc. Hope all is well.

Today is day 32 in flowering for my Blue Mistic and Bubblicious. So far, the Blue Mistic reminds me of some Dinafem Cheese I had once upon a time. The Bubblicious is very bubblegum smelling. Both of them are low on the odor scale currently. Lots of resin everywhere, even on big fans and their stems.

Right now i'm blazing some fantastic blue dream from out west I think. My absolute favorite strain of all time I think besides the Buddah Kush I got from I believe it was called Apothecary of Denver last year on my 420 vacation. I would kill to be able to have a blue dream momma but there's no way for me to get cuts out here. :moon:

On with the side by side....

Organic
5ml Grow
5ml Bloom
5ml Extreme Serene
5ml Trinity
4ml Bloombastic
CaMg+ 2.5ml
Hygrozyme 2.5ml

Chem
FloraDuo A 2.5ml
FloraDuo B 7.5ml
1ml Bloom Roots
1ml Floralicious Plus
4ml Bloombastic
2.5ml CaMg+
2.5ml Hygrozyme

Temp 65f - 78f
RH 35% - 60%

Thanks for tuning in friends!!!!!
-DG6-
:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

Attachments

• DSC_0012bbl.jpg
    DSC_0012bbl.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC_0017bbl.jpg
    DSC_0017bbl.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC_0008bbl.jpg
    DSC_0008bbl.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_0010bm.jpg
    DSC_0010bm.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC_0006bm.jpg
    DSC_0006bm.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC_0002BM.jpg
    DSC_0002BM.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 41

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
Cost might be a consideration for some people. I'm wondering if you could provide a estimated cost breakdown for each method based on the products that you are currently using at the rates you are currently using them.

So I came up with $1.37 per gallon with organic and $0.53 for chem for the January 17th feeding.

Pine

D

DGSIX

I appologize, I missed this question. But it appears you beat me to the answer. Cost is most definitely a consideration for a lot of growers. I have taken the extra expense to see for myself and others what the growth and final product looks like between the two. Amended soils would be the way to gooooo financially and taste wise, if you're looking for heavy plants, hydro all the way.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
One thing I've noticed about Roots Organic they've got ten bottles and a schedule to use them, but who the hell wants to deal with TEN bottles of nutes ?!?!
On the chem side Advanced nutrients is the same way.

Looking forward to running out of my current nutes so I can switch to Maxi Gro and Maxi Bloom.
AHHHHH, simplicity!

D

DGSIX

I don't know why it wont let anyone view my photos... It even tells me when i click on them that i don't have permission to see em... MOD? Help?

nugbuckets

So I came up with $1.37 per gallon with organic and $0.53 for chem for the January 17th feeding.

Pine

yeah thats about what i came up with....good information.....now work that back into total cost analysis at the end of the grow vs. yield. i choose to run organics and believe it to be worth it in the end....great question/answer and thread.....nugs

Latest posts

Latest posts