What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need help planning first scrog

UncleBens

There's a major discussion going on over in another thread about the causes of hermies.
Ive had to bow out because I felt myself getting heated on there.
I have a strong hate for hermies and lost 3 crops to them. One was full on pollination the others I just ripped up.
I just don't understand how seeds grow balls on me. It perplexs me and I get annoyed being offered the light leaks as the reason.
I'm not a great grower but I'm also not stupid, my tent is inside a sealed dark room. None of my leads have lights on them. So when my grow light is off it's pitch black in the room and the plants are inside a tent.
I explain this and still get replies about checking for light leaks.
One day it's going to break my brain and I will just sit dribbling staring at the screen lol.

Haha yeah that must get annoying! If it dosent happen with cuts then theres obviously no light leaks id think. Ive had it from seed runs too, and not just from the Chemmy jones. If you ever find yourself having to use seeds for whatever reason, just pick the balls off... Its really annoying but the cuts are always fine. Either that or try just veging from seed until you can take cuts, then flower the cuts. This is assuming you have a seperate veg room of course!

Can smell those Tangilopes from here btw :)

G

ganjygav

Haha yeah that must get annoying! If it dosent happen with cuts then theres obviously no light leaks id think. Ive had it from seed runs too, and not just from the Chemmy jones. If you ever find yourself having to use seeds for whatever reason, just pick the balls off... Its really annoying but the cuts are always fine. Either that or try just veging from seed until you can take cuts, then flower the cuts. This is assuming you have a seperate veg room of course!

Can smell those Tangilopes from here btw :)

LOL nah no separate veg rooms. Just my small tent. I'm an paranoid growers. My mate keeps telling me to fill me tent with plants but I'm convinced if I did that my door would go through.
3 or 4 plants keeps me and the Mrs supplied.

You know what the tangilope wasn't a stinky plant. It just smelled nice.

UncleBens

LOL nah no separate veg rooms. Just my small tent. I'm an paranoid growers. My mate keeps telling me to fill me tent with plants but I'm convinced if I did that my door would go through.
3 or 4 plants keeps me and the Mrs supplied.

You know what the tangilope wasn't a stinky plant. It just smelled nice.

I used to be like that but im glad i have my veg tent now haha If I didnt Id be growing from seed each time...

G

ganjygav

Day 56

Day 56

Had a bit of a scare the other day. I got a bit of bud grown from these clones from another grower. It was full of seeds. Fully mature seeds at that.

Next day I searched the plants like a school nurse looking for head lice.
Didn't see any signs of testicular activity at all.
I'm hoping all is well.

They look to be close to the Finnish now and seem to be going yellow without even cutting the nutes back yet.
Reckon I'm gonna start the flush next watering.

Checked with scope last week and there was loads of clear trichs all standing proud.
This morning I reckon I've got only around 20% clear.

I do not think these will reach 10 weeks like I was told.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

G

ganjygav

I've got a little microscope thing from ebay for about 4 quid. I just put the phone camera against the eye piece and take a photo.

G

ganjygav

Yeah I'm gonna take these down on day 63 I think. 9 weeks.
I took the bottom branch at 8 weeks and dried it. Little fluffer buds. Just smoked a j and I'm pretty lean.
picture.php

G

ganjygav

I've kept some of the seeds. I reckon I'm gonna pop 2 for the back yard this year.

UncleBens

I've noticed loads of strains seem to lose thier smells right before harvest, I dont know why though. Usually they stink the loudest 2-3 weeks before I harvest.

G

ganjygav

I've noticed loads of strains seem to lose thier smells right before harvest, I dont know why though. Usually they stink the loudest 2-3 weeks before I harvest.

Yeah I was saying something similar on a bubblegum thread. When I grew bubblegum at 5 weeks say there was quite a strong sweet bubblegum smell from tent. At harvest there was no bubblegum smell just sweet skunk.

Ive no doubt this is gonna be some good smoke though. My mate who grows same clones as me come to look them this morning.
He's a couple of weeks behind me because he vegs with cfl so I get quicker growing plants.
He was excited.

He got these clones from one of his mates.
His mate cropped a couple of weeks back and it was full of mature seeds.
He also flowered his fir 10 weeks.
He said mateys never had purples in it either and mine are more frosty.

Love it. I told him my tricks. I only give them half the usual water in the last fortnight. Then for last week I let them get cold.
I read about withholding water in last weeks producing more resin a couple of years ago and I've done it ever since.

I get average or above yields and my buds are dry pretty quick. So even if it's not doing as I read there's no harm from it.

UncleBens

My chemmy Jones plants end up smelling skunky by the time I chop, but once dried and cured a little the chem taste/smell comes back, with no skunk at all haha.
A lot of my plants have been purpling this past year, even without low temps. When I use biocanna nutes its even more so, almost look black sometimes haha

That bud will smoke great, no doubt about it! Looks like you will get decent trim for some bubble too, those leafs are frosty! :)