What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

my ACE journey begins

Samuel Caldwell

Tikal 1, she's the wildest looking to me. No flowers yet but she's getting close. I'm hoping she doesn't go too wild with stretch when she does start flowering.

picture.php

View image in gallery

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
I was very impressed with how beautiful the Kali China plants are in flower. Even under the poor color lighting of my HPS's last season. Her beauty could still be seen. Peace

Tangwena

Veteran
Cool Kalichina plants I am just popping some Kalichina x Zamaldelica fems from Ace.
It will be very interesting to see the difference to straight Kalichina.

Samuel Caldwell

And finally, Tikal 2. Her stem rub smells like the old flat strawberry bubble gum that came with packs of baseball cards. Very sweet. My wife didn't get that. She wasn't sure but couldn't say specifically. Maybe I'm just being influenced by the description from the Ace website. We'll see.

pic 1 - tops
pic 2 - more tops
pic 3 - bud
pic 4 - another bud

Samuel Caldwell

Full tent shot. Lots of canopy management. I guess I let them veg a bit too long since they've all grown taller than my lights. (except my Satori, which is interesting based on previous plants)

Kali China back left, Satori back center, Tikal 2 front center, Tikal 1 on the right

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely indoors Samuel Caldwell :)

You are doing a great job with them :yes: They look perfectly healthy and with the perfect size to flower in your indoor growing space.

I'm glad to see your Kali China flowering so fast and already showing the classic KC hashplant structure i fixed in the last breeding step of the line.

The Tikals are more sativa dominant so they will flower slower than Kali China, hopefully you can really find the strawberry Tikal pheno we love so much! :ying:

Samuel Caldwell

Thanks, dubi! I really appreciate that you're so helpful in this forum and I look forward to supporting Ace seeds for many years to come! You've got a LOT of lines I'm planning on/hoping to run someday.

I'm happy about my KC, too! I like to run a plant or two that finish faster and then give my longer flowering plants more room at the end. I tried another stem rub sniff test this morning to see if I can describe her any better. There's some smooth sweet as well as some incense and spice. The description from the Ace website seems pretty accurate so far.

I'm glad I got 2 different Tikals. Stem rubs again this morning on T1 and I'm still not getting much specific. She smells good, maybe a bit of a sour bite, but nothing really stands out. She just smells like some good cannabis at this point.

T2 is definitely sweeter. Last night she reminded me of cheap strawberry bubblegum but this morning she seemed softer, more floral and fruity.

I love gardening.

Samuel Caldwell

The gals have been pretty thirsty lately and it's been awhile since their last good cleaning so I hauled them off to the bathroom, two by two, stuck them in the tub and gave them a nice, refreshing shower. They look a bit sad at first but they recover fast and look really happy afterwards. Kinda like outside. When it rains. In nature. Where plants grow. Naturally. ;)

I also took the opportunity to tie the Tikal gals down a bit more, keeping those top shoots down under the lights. The two Tikal gals, with some LST, would actually be a great size for my little tent. They'd have enough room to stretch out and everything would get a nice amount of light.

LOL, but that ain't how I roll. My Kali China's kicking arse and my Satori is strong and smelly. My tent's nice and full. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Samuel Caldwell

It's been awhile since I've updated. Lots going on in life right now. About a week and a half ago we adopted/rescued two pups. They were neglected to the point of abuse. They've got a few health issues but overall they're doing great and getting better every day! We are truly blessed and thankful to have them join our family.

The other news that's been keeping me busy is that we got an accepted offer on a house! If all goes well we'll be moving in at the end of October. Keeping our fingers crossed! Unfortunately, that might be bad news for my garden. I believe that once we give our 30 day notice to our apartment, then they have the right to show it to potential new renters and I can't have a bunch of strangers poking around when I've got a tent in my closet. I'll have to double check our lease but I may have to shut everything down early. I'm sure hoping not; all my gals are doing great!

Let's start with a full tent pic. Lots of training to try and keep everything under control. I've seen a couple burned leaves but nothing too bad yet. Just gotta stay on top of it.

Samuel Caldwell

Next up, Tikal 1. She's the wilder of my two Tikal gals. She's very stretchy -- lots of LST to keep her under control! Sweet smell with some sour (?) funk underneath. Lots of smaller buds popping up that are filling in nicely. She's had a couple leaves burned by stretching into the lights. Gotta keep an eye on this one.

Full shot, her canopy and then a couple bud pics.