What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kristalon + Calcinit ratio's

nuttso

not gena200. it's called gen200

and what i forgot to say there are some really new good surfactants, penetrators on the market. I will reply later.

peace

juzsumguy

I thought about Yucca. Just didnt wrote it down,. Do you know a source for Yucca in Germany?

I have a surfactant, its also from a german firm. Forgot about it, will empty that bottle also. It's made from amylose. It was once called Phytogreen Haft, now its called Phytogreen Crop Over. See link they also have many other nice products.

http://www.phytosolution.de/startse...stoffen-produktkategorien/zusatz-hilfsstoffe/

they also have a product now that acts as a ph regulator. i wanna try that aswell. depending on how much you add to your tank they told me you should be able to adjust it anywhere from 5-6,8. Just needs some tweaking to find your sweet spot based on nute mix then i hope i can forget about regulating ph.

for silicon i still have a little grotek pro silicate, i first will empty that. then i still have 500g of Mineral Magic, which is Montmorolit. That contains also 29% Si. so i will use MM @ 0,05-0,1g/L until its empty. After that i planned on using either Potsil (38% Si) or a powdered form like Agsil. Fuck aptus regulator too expensive, and i dont want to buy mj specific nutrients anymore cause they r all fucked anyway.

Lol Gen200 control 240€ 1l. F that. Hey, maybe check Yaras Silicon Product, its also 1l but only 60€. Don't know for sure now if its ortosolic acid.
check this shit: lower concentration rate than gen200 but also ony a quarter of the price. Plus if it gets you a hard on even Yara is talking about some patents on this products similiar to gen200
http://www.duengerexperte.de/einzelnaehrstoffe/silizium/yara-actisil.html

its the same rump as gen200 control. only sligthly more diluted. gen200 is 2,4% acid and Yara Vita Actisil is 2% acid which equals 0,8% elemtal Si. So yeah definatly go with Yara. Only slightly diluted but much cheaper than the mj specific ripoff on growland.,

take a look:
In 1 Liter Produkt sind enthalten:
2,0 % organisch stabilisierte (Ortho)-Kieselsäure (0,6 % Si)
52,0 % Cholinchlorid
9,0 % Kalzium-Chlorid
35,0 % Wasser
2,0 % Salzsäure

Last edited:

juzsumguy

Ey, here is a download link to my mobilecalculator.

its an excel spread sheet.

You only change stuff in the light blue fields.

Set your tank size in the first colum (its at 30 l atm).

Then only change the dilution rate for products you want to use and he will calculate yiour mix, in theory,

Water source tap water, 0,7 equals 70% tap mixed with ro. Set to 0 if you are using RO water.

Containts the following products:

Product H2O Epsom Silicate hesi Boost canna Coco A Coco B Rhizotonic Cannazym PK 13/14 Bloombastic Sensi Grow A Sensi Grow B Sensi Bloom A Sensi Bloom B Hammerhead Cal-Max Marine Power Fulvital WSP80 Calcinit Kristalon Rot Ca Super-Phos Mono Pot-Phos Mineral Magic Triacontanol Kristalon Vega Kristalon Vega Kristalon Gena Kristalon Gena Kristalon Scarlet Kristalon Scarlet Kristalon Azur Kristalon Azur

http://www.xup.in/dl,26811761/MobileCalculator.xlsx/

Billy Liar

I'm going to order a sack of this kristalon red as I think this will suit harder water. I'll have a play around..

And for any UK users, I know someone who will be selling the following Yara salts in 500g to 5000g bags via eBay... They didn't mention sending to Europe, so not sure what their plan is there, I will ask next time I'm over there though..

Kristalon Brown
Calcium nitrate
Magnesium nitrate
Potassium nitrate
Magnesium sulphate
Mono potassium phosphate
Sulphate of potash
Mono ammonium phosphate

All you need really.. They're looking at different micro nutrient mixes too, but just getting salts packed and labeled at the minute.. Plans talked about have been regional recipes for different tap waters..

I'll keep you posted.

Lots of great information coming on the thread...

Peace
BL

juzsumguy

damn shipping form uk is xpensive. i could use map and sulfate of potash from yara. that they only sell here in 25kg.

but basicly the products i put in my mobilecalculator (small fiile for mobile or tablet, hence mobilecalculator) should be enough for me toghether with mix of tap/RO water.

On a side note i will order the Yara Actisil from that shop aswell together with the salts in one or two months. i think, or hope, that until then i have run out of AN and Canna nutes.

juzsumguy

can you buy from them as a private person and also in what amounts. how much is a kg? and what is the application rate of yucca shidegra?

thx in advance.

Billy Liar

damn shipping form uk is xpensive. i could use map and sulfate of potash from yara. that they only sell here in 25kg.

but basicly the products i put in my mobilecalculator (small fiile for mobile or tablet, hence mobilecalculator) should be enough for me toghether with mix of tap/RO water.

On a side note i will order the Yara Actisil from that shop aswell together with the salts in one or two months. i think, or hope, that until then i have run out of AN and Canna nutes.

If you buy 5kg it maybe worth it. I'll pm you the eBay link when they are listed. All of their salts are from Yara.

I downloaded your calculator but the file won't open on my android phone with Microsoft excel installed..

That site you put up that sells the salts are expensive compared to here..

Peace
BL

juzsumguy

i think i get some dog products for my plants aswell.

this is the cheapest source of shidegras i could find. i also like the sea plant mix (seepflanzenmischung).It's everything but ascophium nodosum, maybe i order that together with the yucca and use the sea plant mix together with normal kelp to help rooting in veg.

http://www.healthfood24.com/de/Nahrungsergaenzung

also what's the application rate of shidgra extract in g/L or g/gallon? i only read like 1-2 teaspoons per gallon that seems like rather a lot.

Just had some good readsa bout chelates. Yara has some excellent info pdf's out there. Ok , i get that i might need a better chelated iron. its stable up to ph 6 only but in the root zone they ays the ph can be higher so it is vital to have a good chelated Fe in soilles media. for the rest of the micros the simple chelation is enought and they work good up until ph 7 or so. But Fe can fall out of suspension very quck so its need a good chelation.

Heres the read about that, its in german but has nice graphics and pics so you still get it.

http://www.welker-gartenbauartikel.de/index_htm_files/Chelatisierte-Spurenelemente-YARA.pdf

So looks like i wll buy Yara Tenso Fe 300g for 18,56€ or a kilo for 40€ as well.

Last edited:

Me2

I'm going to order a sack of this kristalon red as I think this will suit harder water. I'll have a play around..

And for any UK users, I know someone who will be selling the following Yara salts in 500g to 5000g bags via eBay... They didn't mention sending to Europe, so not sure what their plan is there, I will ask next time I'm over there though..

Kristalon Brown
Calcium nitrate
Magnesium nitrate
Potassium nitrate
Magnesium sulphate
Mono potassium phosphate
Sulphate of potash
Mono ammonium phosphate

All you need really.. They're looking at different micro nutrient mixes too, but just getting salts packed and labeled at the minute.. Plans talked about have been regional recipes for different tap waters..

I'll keep you posted.

Lots of great information coming on the thread...

Peace
BL
The easiest way to deal with hard water is to incorporate nitric acid into the stock and reduce the amount of calcium nitrate. It lowers the Ph and converts the Ca carbonate into nitrate. Dejex stocks 60% nitric but you`ll need a licence to buy it as its over 3% ;).

juzsumguy

if anyone is using my excell sheet, it has some mistakes. i made an update if u guys use it i will upload it.

- added calc for water hardness mmmol/L
- measuered all liquids with newly calibrated ec meters
- added kristalon brown, yucca, seamix, flora kleen, citric acid
- corrected sensi grow + bloom both have wrong N %

btw dont know why it wont work on your android. i do the same i have it on the phone and open it with microsoft excell mobile. maybe open it one time in windows and chekc if it worx there.

Billy Liar

if anyone is using my excell sheet, it has some mistakes. i made an update if u guys use it i will upload it.

- added calc for water hardness mmmol/L
- measuered all liquids with newly calibrated ec meters
- added kristalon brown, yucca, seamix, flora kleen, citric acid
- corrected sensi grow + bloom both have wrong N %

btw dont know why it wont work on your android. i do the same i have it on the phone and open it with microsoft excell mobile. maybe open it one time in windows and chekc if it worx there.

I got it to open through the excel mobile app.

Not looked too much.. It's quite different to mine which I need to upload to a host before I can share. They probably amount to the same thing though..

Peace
BL

juzsumguy

Regarding Yara Actisil, and similiar producst like gen200, Aptus Regulator:

All this products refer to a patent. This is correct. Its one by Prof. Dirk van den Berghe. I read all that shit now.

This is my gist:
Normal Silicate products deliver Si in very large polymer chains. While these can be used by plants and soil, they must be broken down again to penetrate the cell walls. This may take time. Not all the added mg/L of Silicon is therefore plant available or biological active.
There are several ways to stabilize Si in a liquid form, albeit it is hard to achieve a hight Si concentration cause shit gelifices or falls out of solution quick. To avoid that the developed a process of hitting Silicon Clay wiht Acid and somehow this leads to the liquid Si product with small chain Si instead of the large polymer chains of Si in Pot-Silicate Products.
However if pH is above 7 this can happen also with an Orthosilic Acid product. So take care when u add this stuff when u add it.

Also they have made different mixes and added stuff to the Si product, like Taurin, Trace Elements, and so on. Field test have shown that only the Si content in plants was significantly raised. So while it's nice that Gen200 and Regulator have smale ammounts of Zink and Bor, this doesn't neceseraly means that this is also found in the plant tissue. Si on the other hand was signigicantly raised after foliar application.

"The SA-complex stock solution was diluted 1000 times and used as a spray for carrot plants during summertime (July and August). Carrots were analyzed for Si, Zn, Cu, Mg, Ca en Fe. There were no significant differences found for the metals except for Si which was doubled in concentration after spraying on the leaves once in a week. The addition of CaCO3 during the alkalinization step in the preparation of SA-choline complex results in a stable solution (at low pH) and is highly bioavailable. Addition of other alkali (NaOH, KOH, etc.) to increase the pH up to 0.5, results in gelification after 1 week to 3 months. On the contrary, addition of CaCO3 gives stability for 2 years. We used also another compound for alkalinization instead of CaCO3 : betaine, an osmolyte. Combinations of calcium and the osmolytes and combinations of betaine and other osmolytes were also possible"

Basicly what it want to say, if you want a high priced Si product, go for Yara its the cheapest. It doesn't cfontain Zinc or Bor but most likely you wouldn't need it.

European Prices:
Gen200 Control 199-249 € per L
Aptus Regulator 249€ per L
Yara Actisil 66-74€ per L

Btw all the above is in my own words, and im sure i used the wrong ones. So please no bashing from one of the über scientiest here.

Last edited:

juzsumguy

i spoke to one of the Yara scientiest today cause i still got some questions, which i wasnt really clear about. i share the content it may be helpfull to others. thats from my memory so i may explain stuff wrong.

1. what chelating agent is in red ca?
edta

2. i am new to solid/ salt ferts. i am a little confused about the contetn. Fe. your product, Tenso Fe has 6% iron. Meaning in 100g i get 6g of pure iron. What is the rest of the solid, also in fe the magsulfate. does these stuff change my conductivity also (EC)?
answer:
yes and no. it may change your conductivity, but not in a way that matters. so fe. magsulf with 10%mg and 11% S should give ~200 ppm g/L. it does that but also adds another 100 ppm on top of that of other shit. These are like carrier substances and so on. They might have an electrical charge, but this can be ignored.

3: So basicly, i made a calculator based on molecule weight. So P2o5 and MgO and CaO gets calculated correctly. So you say, when i did my work there (correct calculations) i should work with these values there instead of what i can really measure in the end. So, fe my spreadsheet tells me an EC of 1,6 or 800 ppm i can rely on that and not on the 2,1 EC my meter measures.
Answer: Correct. The extra 0,5 EC that u measure is not plant available or biological active. So this shouldn't lead to an overfertilization.

4: Ok i have some questions about Actisil. You claim a patent, which is from Dr. Berghe. In the process to create a stable ortosalic acid the describes several processes to achieve that. Some of them do contain Micro Elements or vitamis and such. Is any of these also in Actisil?
Answer: Nope, upon further filed studies we carried out in 2006 on barley if i remember correctly now in north rine westfalia, with a silicate acid we didn't found trace elements or other ingredients to be extra helpfull. At least for plants there dont seem to be any positive effect. Hence we decided on a Calcium chlorid bases solution alone without the addition of trace elements, hormones or vitamins. or auxins.

5: What is the application rate of Actisil? There are several products out therre atm which are like Actisil, just slightly higher concentrated and all of them have a very low application rate.Is orthosolic acid really that much more plant avalable? Cause normaly i aim for 20-40 ppm of extra silicate, with the recommended dilution i only get about 2-4 ppm Si
Answer.
Yes. Actisil is highly biologically active. The ph is very low, 1,5-1,8 of the product. The special thing about it is the stabilization of the silicate molecules, so they don't form large polymer chains. While these chains are biologicaly active, they are too big too penetrate cell walls and must be broken down further by the soil life. This step isnt necesarry with Actisil. So if your Posslicate product you use now gives you fe 40 ppm of Si in your solution, not all of it is plantavailable. Many molecules or molecule chains are too big and so the before mentioned stuff needs to happen first.
We recommend an application rate of 0,1% of Actisil. This is of course based on ohter crops than the one im guessing you are cultivating. If the other products are only slightly more concentrated (gen200 2,4% vs Yara Actisil 2,0%) i would use their recommended application rate, fe then 10 ml to 100l instead of our general suggestion of 1ml/L which is 0,1%.
Q: Another thing, you mention not to have a pH above 7 with actisil, above 7 do large polymer chains get created again.
Nope, large chains wont get created even if ph drifts high.

6: Before i forget, Fulvates, Humates and i think also kelp and yucca products have certain chelating effects. If i use Red Ca with all the before mentioned, do you think i still absolutly need to supplement with Yara Tenso Fe or does all the other stuff help to chelate the Iron in Kristalon Red Ca even further.
Answer:
Puh, thats a tough one. I know about the chelating effects of humates and fulvates (they often also contain iron in granular form) which can of course help. I can't help you atm with kelp and yucca based products. While Yucca lowers water suspension that doesnt mean it helps with penetration or chelation,. Kelp has a lot of Amino acids, which are chelators in itself, so that may help. Having said that, Kristalon Red Ca is a complete product where Fe is already bound by chelates. Unless these chelates get unbound, due too high ph, the other chelators dont play into effect (he explained this a lot better, this is what i remembered). But you said you would only need a very small amount of Tenso Fe, so to be sure i would add this as well cause like u mentioned correctly Fe is the easiest element to fall out of suspsension or get unchelated. Even if your ph in the mix is correct Fe still might be unavailable to the plant cause in the rhizosphere you could have a ph of 7.

Puh, thx for the talk i cant remember more. If i have more questions i might call you again.
answer: anytime, durng work hours. Good luck, what do you cultivate btw?

Ah that was all i am in a hurry, bye...
Answer: Bye......

Last edited:

juzsumguy

Yay for me. My cousin called me yesterday and told me to come to Dülmen tomorrow to Yarra with my car to the pickup and delivery site of the firm. He said he got some surprises for me.

I just came back. My cousin asked someone for some stuff to test for me so this is my haul.

1l each of Actisil, Stopit, Safe-K. Hydro Mag, Kombi Phos, ZinTrac, BorTrac

2 Kg of each of the Kristalon range (brown, red, azur, vega, gena, orange, scarlet, green, blue, white ...)

1 kg of MAP, MKP,Calcinit, Mag-Nitro, Tenso-Fe

+ lots of data about it all plus some data from test they made on "hopfen" hops in english? The stuff thats used to make beer, the science guy said that should be similiar to the plants i want to cultivate. I am not allowed to scan and upload but i will study them over the weekend and if they contain nice results (which i can understand) i will publish the gist of it in my words.

c u

Billy Liar

Yay for me. My cousin called me yesterday and told me to come to Dülmen tomorrow to Yarra with my car to the pickup and delivery site of the firm. He said he got some surprises for me.

I just came back. My cousin asked someone for some stuff to test for me so this is my haul.

1l each of Actisil, Stopit, Safe-K. Hydro Mag, Kombi Phos, ZinTrac, BorTrac

2 Kg of each of the Kristalon range (brown, red, azur, vega, gena, orange, scarlet, green, blue, white ...)

1 kg of MAP, MKP,Calcinit, Mag-Nitro, Tenso-Fe

+ lots of data about it all plus some data from test they made on "hopfen" hops in english? The stuff thats used to make beer, the science guy said that should be similiar to the plants i want to cultivate. I am not allowed to scan and upload but i will study them over the weekend and if they contain nice results (which i can understand) i will publish the gist of it in my words.

c u

Great stuff.. I am looking forward to hearing the hop data..

Peace
BL

nuttso

Hey my friends. I will come bak in 2 weeks and will post some questions into this thread, hope you are all well and safe. And still there when i came back.

PEACE

and thx for the tons of infooooo

juzsumguy

Great stuff.. I am looking forward to hearing the hop data..

Peace
BL

Phew this shit is quite complicated to understand as a non scientist. Many stuff is related to pesticides application and interaction with Yara fertilizers. Also lots of confusing analyses of soil and plant matter bla bla. I'm not really sure this is helpfull for me cause it seems all a bit too much to digest. I may email it to onlyornamental if he wants to take a look, but i need to scan it first.

Billy Liar

Don't you have problems to keep the pH below 6 ?
It occurred to me and I added pH down on a daily basis, what resulted in what I think was a phosphorus lockout. My water had EC 0,4.

I'm using my terrible tap water at the minute and I too am having this issue.. My tap water comes out at 0.9 EC, it awful stuff. I'm making the move to treated rain water soon. I'm using nitric acid for pH down corrections and I literally watched the pH go up from 4.3 to 5.3 over a few hours yesterday...

Anyone have any clues as to what's causing this buffering effect to above pH 6.0?

Peace
BL

Latest posts

Latest posts