What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dyna-Gro Foliage Pro vs. K.I.S.S. Method

@Caravaggio i love the 3-1-2 for vegging plants love it. I will probably give it a try this run

my thought process was it can't really hurt to give a go in flower as well. My plants that are NOT stressed from being under the high intensity gavitas (my mistake) are all doing very well and kicking ass on the FP in Flower. Im only at day 14 currently so ill keep ya posted.

Im currently in the process of switching over to the DE technology, keep me posted on how things turn out. I hear the gavitas are soo much more intense. How are you liking them

Im currently in the process of switching over to the DE technology, keep me posted on how things turn out. I hear the gavitas are soo much more intense. How are you liking them

I like the Gavitas but they are insanely intense. Best advice is raise them a good 4ft off the canopy and start them at 600w. Then raise the power incrementally every few days. Especially if you had your veg plants under soft Flouros.

StonedDrifter

In interested in knowing the same thing about foliage pro as far as rates, cal mag, I use coco. Thanks
I've successfully grown 4-5 oz. plants in 2.5 containers by feeding daily 1/4 tsp. of FP and 1ml of gh calmag, or by watering every 3 days 1/2 tsp. of FP and 1ml of gh calmag.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
whats the purpose of bloom nutes for then if we can use veg nutes all the way thur? im a outdoor soil grower and i have never heard of this..i always use a veg dry nutes and then first sign of sex switch to bloom nutes and have had great success year after year..i thought we was suppose to use more N in veg and more P in flower?

Dankstang

whats the purpose of bloom nutes for then if we can use veg nutes all the way thur? im a outdoor soil grower and i have never heard of this..i always use a veg dry nutes and then first sign of sex switch to bloom nutes and have had great success year after year..i thought we was suppose to use more N in veg and more P in flower?

From what I understand its the opposite.
Grow...aka veg nute is not necessary. The Bloom nutes have enough nitrogen to work from beginning to end. I'm actually using it in my aerocloner with just the bloom formula and they're the healthiest clones I've had in awhile.

I've used Veg+Bloom nutes for a couple years which is a 1 part laundry soap as my partner calls it. Works great...just throttle the EC for desired effect.

I've wanted to try Dyna Gro for awhile. Ever since I listened to the podcast on The Dude Grows Show and listened to the owner/formulator for DynaGro. His emphasis on more silica and calcium and less P boosters makes me interested.

Homebrewer

Veteran

Are you growing in the ground or do you use some kind of container or large smart pot? For outdoor growing, I'd recommend lots and lots of compost with the occasional shot of a balanced, complete food. Jacks makes some good products but they're missing calcium. GH's Maxigro could be an even better option. If you prefer liquid foods, DG makes a 7-7-7 or their Grow is 7-9-5. Again, something more balanced is probably your best bet for outdoor growing.

In regards to your question, location (indoor vs outdoor) and growing method (hydro vs containers) is really what dictates what kind of NPK content will yield the best results.

Theophilus

I like the Gavitas but they are insanely intense. Best advice is raise them a good 4ft off the canopy and start them at 600w. Then raise the power incrementally every few days. Especially if you had your veg plants under soft Flouros.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post links but I just ran across a video this morning on youtube that I found interesting. It's a comparison of a few different double ended reflectors and even an LED set up that was done by a NorCal warehouse grower. The title is LED vs 1000W Double-Ended HPS Medical Cannabis Grow Test by NoCalGrow youtube/4Ert3fmYQlk

tejashidrow

Wondering the same thing.^^^^^^^
I just ordered some FP for my vegging in coco and mothers in soil
Hopeing for good things.....

toohighmf

Veteran
FP and dynagro bloom are great choices. The only problem I have with them is that it's not powdered. I've had my share of both precipitate to straight bluish green stained glass with a little water in the bottom. Last time it was about the last quart or so out a 5 gallon that was pretty fresh. The store probably stored it wrong, or it or it got blasted by heat in the back of a truck on its way to my store. Sucks. Gonna try veg+bloom soft water formula. Going back to powder alleviates the hassles of salts always falling out of suspension.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Fertilizer is the smallest factor to success in indoor gardening. Eniviro and light are the keystones to plant health.

joshjew

Ive been having better luck with GROW...or it seems my strains respond better to GROW vs. Foliage Pro...this is from running FP at both .7 EC...new growth too light green...and at 1.0-1.1..tip burn and curl under...GROW for the win ������