What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vaporizers?

T

tdog628

I've tried the Volcano, Vapir 5.0, and i own a SSV. I bought the SSV after trying the other two and researching for weeks. Everyone i know even the owner of the Volcano all agree that the SSV is the best vaporizer they have ever tried. The temp knob isn't digital but absolutely accurate you find the best temp and it is always the same spot. Plus the heating element is amazing. I've owned my SSV for three years and it usally is always left on and it still vaporizes like new. Actually it has been left on for more than six months straight and works great. Also due to the high quality ceramic element it is the only vaporizer i've ever seen that will vaporize Salvia. The build quality is amazing it has probably fallen on the ground half a dozen times and never any problems. To be perfectly honest i can't think of one negative aspect about it. Just look at the site and see everything it does and all of the glass stuff you can get for it. Best smoking purchase i've ever made.

I second the SSV. Payed 250.00 for it, I rarely turn it off and it still works like new. The key is to make sure the screen is clean. SSV comes with a cool hemp carrying bag too.

G

Gobwats

Due to a persistent cough caused by decades of tobacco smoking, which I no longer do, about ten weeks ago I bought a Vapor Cannon from VaporWarez for about $150.

It appears well made and works as advertised. It heats quickly and has a more than adequate temperature range. You know it is more than capable when at the highest temp you can easily ignite your crumbled bud.

IMO there is no need for a digital temperature indicator because the best temperature varies between individuals; it's depedent upon how hard you hit. At X degrees a hard hit that quickly rushes the hot air through the bud chamber will not vaporize as much material as will a very slow hit that gives the air more time in the chamber.

It's easy .... you don't alter the way you hit the whip to match the temperature that somebody said is best. I take my hit at the flow rate that is comfortable for me .... much like hitting my steamroller .... and do a trial and error temp adjustment. Looking for the knob position that is just a little cooler than where it starts to scorch the bud.

For me learning to use the vape has had a pretty steep learning curve .... and I'm not nearly there yet. The first hit of the day from the vape gives me a more subtle high than my steamroller and is somehow much less satisfying. I feel fairly sure that this is at least partly because of the lack of actually seeing the smoke and feeling the throat irritation that I've been conditioned to connect to the onset of the high of smoking.

After I've had the 3 or 4 or 5 hits that seem to exhaust all benefit from that load in the vape, I set aside this apparently used up bud. When I smoke it later in a pipe it often seems as good as mid-quality meds .... so I'm obviously not getting what I should out of the vape. The upside is that the vape seems to be noticeably better on an almost daily basis.

Mixed with smoking my pipe my cough is much improved and I'm looking forward to the day that I only actually smoke on special occasions.

The VaporCannon gets my vote of approval and I recommend it for anyone who does not need an electric fan to do their breathing for them. YMMV

I like the digital temp as I have found that difference in maturity, strain, and cure all affect the ideal temp to best vape any particular bud, so for me it's just easier to dial in that number. You are right about the draw being critical as well.

All vaping is designed to do is give you the THC; there are still other psychoactive chemicals remaining in the toaster leav'ns. I've been told you can smoke it and get a weak high, or add it to cooking stash; I'm saving mine for the next batch of cannabutter.

bensittinback

i recently purchased a vapolution and i havent smoked since then. the taste, the high, they are all there and my wife said she hasnt smelled weed since! plus the benefits of my health are a big plus, did i mention that im using much less bud as well? no negatives to be found. peace, bsb:joint:

Philosophy

bought a vapir a few years back in amsterdam

the worse 250euros i ever spent
simply it doesnt do the job

then a few months later i bought the volcano. The vapir sits in the closet eversince...

Its like comparing a toyota corolla to a 911 Porsche

once u go Volcano, i dont think u ever look back

Tropical

....once u go Volcano, i dont think u ever look back

I agree. I haven't tried every single vaporizer out there, but I have tried several. None of them compare to the Volcano. I can afford it. I still get high more often from eating cannabis cookies. If I were poor, I guess I would try to stick to cookies rather than buy the Volcano.

Rose56

Hi All, There a guy (I do not know or am affiliated to him or his store) on ebay that is selling digital hands free easy vapes and VAPORITE digital vapes for buy it now prices of around $65 free shipping with the easy vapes. He is out of cali so he is in the us. I bought an easy vape from him and while I imagine it isn't as good as a volcano but for someone like me who wanted to try one out without spending a fortune its fantastic. I used it several times already. Here is a link to his "store" http://stores.shop.ebay.com/LIBIWHOLSALE-VAPORIZERS__W0QQ_armrsZ1

jwm

Veteran
You will LOVE vaporizers I predict....The only one/type I've smoked is a wood box made by vap brothers I believe....awesome product! Not only does grass taste great thru a vap but you also have much less waste...

rafe

Vaporizers

Vaporizers

They are great for the lungs and the taste is very clean lets you smell the goddies. Only problem I seemed to use more weed. I need a digital one because I get flames every now ansd then and then that load taste like crap. It was a gift though and I am very greatful to the person who sent me it.

"Rafe: You will never get combustion inside a Volcano vaporizer. You must have some other brand."

cmon now iv never even tried a volcano and i know that statement cannot be true! Volcanos are top of the line vaporizer, which means that their temperature is dynamic. it can be mild or super hot in my opinion. id be surprised if it didnt burn herb at the highest temp.
for all the old farts in here who dont feel like throwing down over 200$ for a vape, try the silver surfers less expensive brother, Da Buddha.
for even cheaper try the vapor genie however u still need a lighter but u can paint it.
another thing, vaporizers are worth every penny not only because it saves your health but because u get much HIGHER...sometimes with super good bud u only need one good rip to start coughing and start to ponder.
My friend doug once took a hit and looked at me and said "would it be strange if i said i was having an anxiety attack"

Tropical

"Rafe: You will never get combustion inside a Volcano vaporizer. You must have some other brand."

cmon now iv never even tried a volcano and i know that statement cannot be true!...

Well, actually it IS true. The Volcano has variable temperature settings, but none of them will ignite the buds.

Pot Pimp

I've either lost my vape or somebody stole it. The only thing I didn't like about it was leaving the fan running for 15 minutes for it to cool down; after 15 minutes I was so fried that remembering to turn it off was the last thing on my mind.

Tropical

I just got an iolite vaporizer. It wont replace my Volcano at home, but it is perfect for when I'm away. It uses butane for heat, so there is no need for electricity. It is about the size of a pack of cigarettes and costs a couple hundred U.S. dollars.

The switch on my Volcano is stuck. I'll will have to send it to a repair shop to be opened and fixed. I needed something temporary and went with something that I hoped would have a use after my Volcano is repaired.

Pot Pimp, one nice thing about the Volcano is that you turn it off before you start to inhale, so you don't have to remember anything when you are stoned. Several times I have awoken in the middle of the night and found myself on the floor next to an empty bag of vapor. lol

BudToaster

Veteran
Bud Toaster

Bud Toaster

i love my vaporizer ... all glass vapor path, battery powered -- runs for 5 vape sessions (7 minutes per session with auto shutoff) per charge, computer temperature control, green LED signals "take a toke":