What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vaporizers?

rsteeb

Volcano, modded with spring-hooks to hold the herb chamber on; plus an added silicone-tube "whip" at the end of the standard balloon, allowing immediate and continuous access to the vapor!

12V power via 300W inverter makes it portable.

Quentin

Brilliant, Does the herb chamber move or come loose? The whip is the added Brilliant idea IMO.What kind of inverter is that? looks like a good item to use to make the volcano fully portable take anywhere 12V. Clever and practical.

Great Idea.
Life on Mars.

rsteeb

Quentin said:
Brilliant, Does the herb chamber move or come loose? The whip is the added Brilliant idea IMO.What kind of inverter is that? looks like a good item to use to make the volcano fully portable take anywhere 12V. Clever and practical.

Great Idea.
Life on Mars.

Yeah, the two hooks fit into the slots and detach easily enough. If you pinch off the whip, the vapor-filled balloon can still be used as originally designed.

Any 300 watt power inverter or portable power pack will run the thing; the $79 unit pictured will run it for about an hour between charges. Add a solar panel, and you're off the grid!

just thought I'd throw my opinion in here. i have had the pleasure of trying the volcano, something similar to a bc vape (hot plate glass dome style) and i own a verdamper. i'll give my thoughts on each.

volcano: very nice lives up to hype but i find the plastic bag effects the flavor negatively and it doesn't hit nearly as well as the verdamper

hot plate style: first off i would like to say the flavor from this thing was unreal, my destroyer tasted like exotic green tea. (the destroyer is some tasty shit anyway but never tasted green tea in it before) now the down side is it took about 3-4 mins to fill the little dome so there's a good wait between hits. this is might not be a problem for some but i thought it would get old pretty fast, though i wouldn't mind having one just for the flavor. these types are usually on the cheaper end which is good for a smoker on a budget.

Verdamper: obviously this is my favorite, i own one. anyway i first tried this baby in the dam at the cannabis college. it is made of all glass and resembles a bong/hooka in function (has water cooling). I find the flavor to be superior to the volcano, and almost as good as the hot plate. it makes up for this however by have adjustable vapor/air ratio so if you have a breathing problem or low tolerance this is especially useful. my favorite part is that you can hit and hit and hit some more with no waiting in between (good for when friends drop by) bottom line i love the thing and you would too. now im only going to post these links because i had to e-mail lorna at the college just to find where to buy one. here's the links www.de-verdamper.nl the site is mostly in dutch but there's enough english if you click on the us flag to navagate. they have a few different models that vary from reasonably cheap to pretty pricey, I have the 12". www.greenharvest.ca also sells the 10" and 12".

heres a pic of what mine looks like, mine doesn't have the smaller 45 deg stem coming out of the bubble but other than that it's exactly the same

Last edited:

foaf

Veteran
I guess need to get one of those cool fancy vaporizers like you guys have. :rasta:

I know everyone has seen the makeshift glass vaporizers, its sure not my idea, but Ive really found them to be a way that works for me. I only smoke hash oil in them. I get a pile of clear appliance bulbs and some clear decorative bulbs, and in about 5 minutes Ive got a pile of disposable vaporizers. You can use a dremel cut off wheel or a bigger cut off tool, then clean them out. The stem is in a lamp base and glass tubing held in place with epoxy. When they finally get gummed up I toss, or sometimes clean them. They are hard to clean and the fresh glass tastes much better than once stained. I get about a week out of one by rotating it and putting the oil in a different place each time.

D

Don Cotyle

Very ingenius and inventive foaf, I like the idea!

I picked up a Kia Vape off E-Bay about a year ago, the guy that invented this model selles em at his site for $220 and $60 for a vehicle adapter to run off a ciggarett lighter! I got lucky, he posted 10 up at auction and I snagged the first one for $48 shipped, most of the bidders left to try to get on one of the other 9!!! I like the idea of the ceramic heating element and the air drawn in is sectioned off from the electrical componets so bad tastes! It works great giveing killer hits :bashhead: !!! There was one of the power inverters in the lockable aluminum box 4"widex4"tallx8"long with a carry handle on top, the power cord,whip and inverter all fit inside when closed!!!

Last edited:

Kalifornia

I'd say edibles are the way to go,.

I had a Volcano for over a year and ended up selling it due to lack of effect and needing 2-3 bags to get the effect I was after,.
It was just too much hassle after time, - easier to just take a few tokes off the pipe to get the desired effect I needed.

D

DJXXPLATINUM

LOVE THE VAPIR 5.0 FUKN BLOW UR BRAINS OUT....COMPARE TO THE BIGGEST RUSH U EVER GOT OUT OF A 4 FOOT BONG

I've had a volcano, vapor brothers, silver surfer and now a digi-vapor.

Volcano- only for the richies... you get what you pay for like an expensive bong it's good but not really worth the price unless you're floating in money

silver surfer- great for those who love custom pieces and glass. they work great (although not hands free is a big problem!)

VB: amazing. works great, cheap and awesome.

my 53$ vaporizer- can't get enough of this thing. as far as vaping goes best for the price. temp display, whip style connected through a bong for cooler hits.

ladybird1124

I was given a new Volcano added lots of goodies! I like it and the high but love smoking my pipe! I will keep the Volcano it is well built and easy.

S

Scoobs

I picked up a "Da Buhdda Vaporizer", which is basically a silver surfer Vape. It works really well, and recommend it to anyone looking for a new vaporizer. Excellent craftsmanship and customer service, and I love the custom glass pieces you can get for it.

My lungs are already feeling better, but I still like to smoke a joint once in a while, cause there is something missing in the vapour. I think some cannabinoids or terpenes are missing from the vapour, but are found in the smoke.

215 User

Watchin' MANswers on Spike TV last night & they said that Vaporizing gives you 92% THC compared to bong/joints. They had no problem showing all on t.v. last night.

2. Bong 78% THC
3. Joint 28% THC

Volcanoe user since 04'

tejashidrow

One should check out the Happy Vappy.... a GREAT vap, nice price and PORTABLE!!! :jump:
i ADORE MINE.... :laughing: PAX

Last edited:

rafe

Vapes

Vapes

I've got a serious case of bronchitis! Any got a used good one they want to part with?