What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how many times have you seen RUSH

hazy

Veteran
:woohoo:
i'm going to see rush for the 10th time this summer. snakes and arrows album

edit-actually saw them 10 already- saw them twice for 'roll the bones'

i saw them first in 1977 at th Ag building(at the county fairgrounds weird huh) in garden city kansas. a farewell to kings was the tour. they played 2112 all the way through. ass kicking good

saw them next in 84
grace under pressure (really great album and show)

and then late 80s:
power windows
hold your fire
presto(good one)

90s:
roll the bones(great show) saw it in portland and phoenix
counterparts
test for echo

2000s:
feedback (an unbelievable show)
they're better than ever. at he feedback concert neil peart did a 20 minute drum solo, i think they played 33 songs.
i can't wait. took my son last time, will take the girl too this time :headbange

Last edited:

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
Man the 80's were sush a blur 4 me,but I seen them in like 89,maybe 90 at Kemper Arena.K.C.Mo.
It was a cool show,and experience.
There were all ages at the show,I seen one group with grampa late 40's son late 20's and grandson like 12yrs and they all knew every word to every song.
I'm not a die hard Rush fan,but have always li9ked some of their stuff.
Even though i'm not a huge fan,I had a blast.

PEACE;1TT

hazy

Veteran
i guess i'm the only die hard rush fan around here. :pointlaug

hey 1tw, thanks for the reply
the last show i saw a couple years ago and i guess it's a rush thing but all the old guys like me had kids and grandkids in tow

there not a band with nasty lyrics or typical sex talk, cussing etc, so i guess a little more family friendly

the screen behind the stage is cool they have a cool dragon since the vapor trails tour that rocks

Last edited:

The Uncola

I starting hearing about them back in about 1978 when I was in the 8th grade. A few stoners in J High were quoting their lyrics and writing them on the blackboard every chance they got. I only saw them once- in Oakland CA in about 1992. I believe it was the Roll the Bones tour. Awesome experience. I have been to a few classic performers over the years, ex- The Who 2x and the Greatful Dead 2x, but the focus in my clique was always more hell bent on camping trips to the hinterlands. We brought tunes with us of course. I am proud that I am too young to have used 8-tracks extensively.

hazy

Veteran
yeah uncola roll the bones was a great show.
the skeleton on the screen during the song, 'roll the bones' is too cool

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
hazy said:
yeah uncola roll the bones was a great show.
the skeleton on the screen during the song, 'roll the bones' is too cool
Ya,I remember the skeleton,whew my memory is shot.
Like i said it was a unique experince,1 i'm glad to have FoSho :headbange

PEACE;1TT

SoulShine

Hazy, I've seen them 5 times. I was big into them back in the day. Haven't seen them since like early 90's (?) though. I remember once that my roommate got some killer thai stick and we blew it at the Rush show, and the laser light show was AWESOME! Ha! Played bass in a band back in high school and the first song we ever learned was In The Mood! Hey Baby! Also the first time I ever got any, was after a RUSH concert!

I really haven't listened to them in a long time, but might have to dig some out. I still have some on Vinyl. I think I only have a couple on CD now, 2112 and Moving Pictures. Think I'll go put on some Red Barchetta!

Rock on man, Have a great time at the show!

SoulShine

hazy

Veteran
:rasta:
how's it going soulshine
sounds like you did better after the show than i did.
5 times is good. you oughta look and see if they're coming anywhere near you.
they've been playing for 32? years. the show gets better every tour. and the lasers still kick ass.

hey 1TT some of those late 80s shows are blurred out a bit here too :redface:

c-c-eer thanks for the reply that farewell to kings was in 77. cops took my bong on the way from the show, and threw my ass in jail. :fsu:

hey Neuronaut
i don't know what Trailer Park Boys are. would have liked to have seen it though.

thanks everyone for the replys.

has anyone heard their last album?
not he new on, but a couple years ago they did an album called feedback. for their 30th birthday tour.
it was all covers of 60s songs like - for what it's worth - summertime blues - crossroads - heart full of soul
way good.

MajMike

I love Rush . . .

I love Rush . . .

Only seen them once, but spent many hours trippin' over Rush. My first rock albums were Foreigner and Rush (Permanent Waves), on the turntable back in the late 70's.

I saw an HD concert of theirs recently, I think it was in Germany. On my 57" HDTV w 7.1 surround it was awesome!

AmishFarmer

Rush Rocks.I have seen them twice.The Roll the bones tour will always be my favorite.The show was shortly after my first harvest,NL5x2.So stoned,made many people around me very happy by sharing.One guy passed out,three more followed me out of the show beggeing me to sell them some.Aahhhhhh,the good ole days,lol.

G

My favorite band. Listen to em every day for almost my whole life. Never once seen em in concert though...something always happens that makes me miss the show when they tour, just my luck!

hazy

Veteran
hey amish thanks for stopping by.
yeah nl5 would make you a popular guy.
i hope i have something good ready by then.

howdy hey s2d
their shows just flat kick everybody's ass.

and here are the lyrics to "A Passage To Bangkok"
from the classic album 2112

hands down the best pot smoking song ever

Words by neil peart, music by geddy lee and alex lifeson

Our first stop is in bogota
To check the columbian fields
The natives smile and pass along
A sample of their yield
Sweet jamaican pipe dreams
Golden acapulco nights
Then morocco, and the east,
Fly by morning light

Were on the train to bangkok
Aboard the thailand express
Well hit the stops along the way
We only stop for the best

Wreathed in smoke in lebanon
We burn the midnight oil
The fragrance of afghanistan
Rewards a long days toil
pulling into katmandu
Smoke rings fill the air
Perfumed by a nepal night
The express will get you there

:rasta:

Last edited:
G

To answer the initial question - Twice ... but I'm not a huge fan. They got weird around Subdivisions.

AmishFarmer

Hazy-Rush was in the Philly-area(Camden,NJ) on Friday.A friend went to the show.He said it was great.He said he sees them as often as possible.He said Neil Peart was awesome,played a solo he's never heard before(he is a drummer)You should have a great time.Enjoy.

B

Brother_Monk

My first Rush show was a couple weeks ago. I never seemed able to get the timing right to see them before. Although I always wanted to. To make it extra special, I took my brother who turned 40, for his...get this....first concert EVER! Hehhehheh, good one to break his cherry on right? I thought so. I took a boatload of crappy cell phone pics, which I will now force upon you :headbange I was about 15 rows back, still good seats tho.
4343s_DSC00057-med.jpg

4343s_DSC00062-med.jpg

4343s_DSC00065-med.jpg

4343s_DSC00066-med.jpg

4343s_DSC00082-med.jpg

4343s_DSC00085-med.jpg

4343s_DSC00086-med.jpg

4343s_DSC00087-med.jpg

4343s_DSC00100-med.jpg

4343s_DSC00101-med.jpg

Last edited:
G

Nice photos. I have videos of many concerts, just never been to one live. Their light shows are said to be some of the very best in the industry, even out doing Pink Floyd. That I would love to experience.

D

daisy jane

Alright I have to admit, I am a youngin and I don't really belong in the old stoners crash pad. But, Rush is awesome. And I believe Tarkus and I are going to see them in August!! If all goes well, we will be going to Johnny Winter in October..and Deep Purple also in August :D :D :D