What's new

Grow New Mexico, Legalize Marijuana

seebass1000

anything happening with the expanded plant counts?

also i heard they were going to allow patients to vend excess to the dispensaries,anything happen with that?

I actually just spoke to the Dr in Albuquerque they said that there maybe a up count to 18plants with no stipulation on just four flowering so I guess possible flowering 18 at once I was just there about a week ago not sure how true it will be

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gov. Susana Martinez on Saturday vetoed another bill that would have established a research program for industrial hemp, a measure that legislators of both parties said could create enormous business opportunities for New Mexico’s farmers.

Martinez offered no explanation for her decision, which she announced in a brief statement.

Her veto of Senate Bill 6, sponsored by Sen. Cisco McSorley, D-Albuquerque, came only three days after she vetoed a more sweeping bill on hemp research authored by members of the House of Representatives.

McSorley’s bill had cleared the Senate 37-2 and the House by a vote of 58-8. He had harsh words for Martinez after the veto.

“This is the difference between advocating between a 1980s drug war policy and the ability to govern a 21st century state. … If she wants to be a 1980s drug warrior, I’ll be happy when she leaves the state and is no longer governor,” he told The New Mexican.

Related: GOP senator starts process for overriding governor’s veto on teacher sick days

Martinez’s second and final term expires at the end of 2018.

Two years ago, Martinez vetoed a hemp research bill by McSorley that also had passed the Legislature with wide bipartisan support. One reason, she said at that time, was that police might have a hard time distinguishing hemp from marijuana, a related plant. Unlike marijuana, hemp cannot be used as a recreational drug because it has a far lower level of the intoxicant THC.

McSorley recently told The New Mexican he thought the governor might sign this year’s bill, which, he said, addressed all the concerns she raised two years ago.

McSorley’s recent bill eliminated any mention of possible commercial hemp activity, which was in the 2015 measure. It also contained a provision for training police officers to be able to tell the difference between hemp and marijuana.

“We have farmers in desperate need of cash crops that use little water,” McSorley said Saturday. “I feel bad for the farmers because they are the ones that are going to suffer.”

Thirty-two states already have approved similar legislation for hemp research. Neighboring Colorado produces more than half the industrial hemp grown in the United States.

Hemp is used to make an array of products, everything from carpeting and briefcases to clothing and auto dashboards. These hemp-based products are assembled in China, Canada and Mexico, which then export them to the United States.

McSorley’s bill received more support from Republicans than the House bill because it stayed closer to the terms laid out in the federal farm bill, focusing on the research aspect of hemp. He said his bill, which was written with the help of the state Department of Agriculture, “literally quotes the federal farm bill word for word.” The federal farm bill was signed into law in 2014.

Despite the strong support for the bill in the Legislature, McSorley wasn’t optimistic about the prospects of lawmakers overriding Martinez’s veto.

“We’ll have to wait and see,” he said. “She has her thumb pretty hard on some members of the Republican caucuses.”

Well folks, New Mexico's state motto is the Latin phrase "Crescit eundo," which translates as "It grows as it goes."

Another few years of no growth until someone who can visualize hemp/cannabis as a positive venture.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I actually just spoke to the Dr in Albuquerque they said that there maybe a up count to 18plants with no stipulation on just four flowering so I guess possible flowering 18 at once I was just there about a week ago not sure how true it will be
i was wondering more about the expanded plant counts for the producers...

but even with 4 flowering plants it would be easy enough to have enough excess to vend to the dispensaries....

Bob Green

Hey guys,

Any of you have recommendations for a friendly Dr. in Southern NM?

I was about to go check out Kaizen in LC but looks like they recently went out of business.

Also any suggestions as to a politician worth voting for next round?

The sooner old Suzana is out the door the better. She just seems to hate education, kids, employment, and cannabis. I can't remember hearing about anything good she actually achieved in her two terms here. I am new to the state but holy shitshow vetoing everything that doesn't line her own pockets.

Thanks peeps Land Of Enchantment no doubt :biggrin:

greenpinky

R greenleaf dispensery has the cheapest Dr. As of now. I think 150$ for no prior paperwork. Or 60 to renew. As of new governor.. can't help u yet... but I'm sure there will be candidates that are way better then her

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys,

Any of you have recommendations for a friendly Dr. in Southern NM?

I was about to go check out Kaizen in LC but looks like they recently went out of business.

Also any suggestions as to a politician worth voting for next round?

The sooner old Suzana is out the door the better. She just seems to hate education, kids, employment, and cannabis. I can't remember hearing about anything good she actually achieved in her two terms here. I am new to the state but holy shitshow vetoing everything that doesn't line her own pockets.

Thanks peeps Land Of Enchantment no doubt :biggrin:
Congresswoman Michelle Lujan Grisham has her hat pegged for guv'nah. She helped present cannabis legislation in the Capitol...measure didn't pass, but she's seemingly for pro-cannabis related measures.

Bob Green

Congresswoman Michelle Lujan Grisham has her hat pegged for guv'nah. She helped present cannabis legislation in the Capitol...measure didn't pass, but she's seemingly for pro-cannabis related measures.

R greenleaf dispensery has the cheapest Dr. As of now. I think 150$ for no prior paperwork. Or 60 to renew. As of new governor.. can't help u yet... but I'm sure there will be candidates that are way better then her

Thanks guys! :dance013:

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Hey guys, do caregivers still have to register and have their address and all made public information?

Also, what kind of yields are people pulling outdoors? People pulling 5lb plants?

Bob Green

Hey guys, do caregivers still have to register and have their address and all made public information?

Also, what kind of yields are people pulling outdoors? People pulling 5lb plants?

I don't think the regulations have loosened up for anyone involved.

As far as yield you could easily pull out +5 with the right amount of soil, water, and proper selection of genetics.

Any of you guys have recommendations on drought/ heat resistant lines for NM outdoors? We have a long season and a lot of options but I am sure some fair better than others.

Happy 420 folks!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have had optimum results of most anything in hot, dry areas for decades, photos and autos alike....keeping them hydrated was the biggest obstacle. Drip works well.

Bob Green

Pretty much what I am thinking too.

Autos for the early season and some late flowering sativas for the long season. Maybe some Indica leaners for the mid summer harvest too but not sure yet.

Once legalization inevitably passes New Mexico will be a great place for outdoor growers. I can't wait to make some giant trees! I could see it happening pretty quickly if we can finally get the right governor into office.

Hopefully once it does they will allow home growing.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Next Friday, November 3, the Department of Health will hold a public hearing on a petition to approve opioid use disorder as a qualifying condition even though Gov. Susana Martinez nixed HB 527.
Since NM has an insurmountable opiod abuse problem, lawmakers just might make some head way. . Opioid addiction and overdose deaths continue to rise in New Mexico. Research has shown that using cannabis to treat opioid addiction can lower cravings, lessen withdrawal symptoms, prevent opioid overdoses and save lives. Yet no medical cannabis program in the country specifically lists opioid use disorder as a qualifying condition.

New Mexico could become the first state to add this condition and give people struggling with problematic opioid use access to medical cannabis.

Fingers crossed. Will keep all posted.

Bob Green

More elections are coming up.

Any thoughts on who is the most cannabis friendly and still likely to win an election?

If everyone gets our shit together we might have a nice surprise in the next year or two.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
More elections are coming up.

Any thoughts on who is the most cannabis friendly and still likely to win an election?

If everyone gets our shit together we might have a nice surprise in the next year or two.

Michele Lujan Grisham

Bob Green

Michele Lujan Grisham

I keep hearing that she has a very solid chance of winning this years election.

Has anyone heard about them expanding the plant count in flower or are we having to stick to 4 in bloom and 18 total for a while?

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Wait isn't it 4/12? I heard they were going to make it 16 regardless. I also heard they were going to allow us to sell to dispensaries, but doubt the source.

Latest posts

Latest posts