What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Using Botanicare Kind nutrients in coco

Growmyown1

Its my first grow in coco, and im using the Kind nutes. Also using hydroguard, microbe life's photo plus.. and have on hand the nourish L, root dip and foliar spray, and the bottle of yield enhancer... microbes all came in a sample pack I got at the hydro store...

Im intrested to hear tried and tested users of these products. How much they were using and when...
Im new to all these new school methods and nutes. A basic guide to using these from someone who tried and tested, not the label selling them...
How many ml per gallon is absolutely to much, to little, just a basic overview of the products. Any help woild be great.. my brain hurts from searching all over for answers. An experienced grower could tell me fiest hand much easier... THANKS IN ADVANCE

S

sourpuss

Hey bro, i walked into a place recently using bot kind and promix 5050 peat coco. Plants were cal mag def big time. Early yellowing and failing hard early into flower... id say cal mag and epsoms would be good to have on hand and used reguarly...

S

sourpuss

Botanicare kind is really good. Still a gh guy but i like the botanicare quality as well....

S

sourpuss

700 ppm max. Included the starting ppm of 150 for us. Sorry. 1.4 ec started at .3 ec tap water.

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
Ive used kind for a while. The grow formula does need calmag or double the base than the instructions calls for.

EC 1.4 grow
EC 1.5 - 1.7 bloom
additives silica blast

S

sourpuss

Nice info i need as well. Thx bro!!

@cough cough... what setup medium do you run that in?

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
botanicare coco
ebb and flo tables
In flower I feed every 12 hours, In veg I feed once a day I only use the silica blast as a pH up and only in veg.

Growmyown1

I was kind of wondering about the whole cal mag thing. Forums contradict each other everywhere about cal mag when using kind... I do have a bottle of N+CalMag, and have problems with yellowing (hopefully not for long). Although I didnt use cal mag, I think my problem was a lock out....crops are beginning to look better but I may try adding a little extra calmag or maybe base to my next feeding...

Whats the scoop on these microbelife prodects in the sample pack. Anybody use them?

Kind base on the label basically says it is made up of nitrogen and calcium... the N+CalMag would basically be the same? Right?

marrdogg

Veteran
I wouldnt go adding all that extra stuff your gonna complicate things. I would def add the cal/mag at 5ml per gallon, the kind is 2 part correct?

myiqis55

The kind base is 5% calcium. I didn't know this for a long time. When I use it I add the cal/mag at just under 5ml/gal

Rondon

I just dont understand how people can add even more calcium and or magnesium supplement to an already loaded up base nutrient system. Coco coir or any kther medium. Everytime i did that it messed my crops up in veg. And my tap is 0.2. Kind from Botanicare has a TON of calcium and magnesium. As does Canna..Cocotek...Sensi Grow for Coco...House and Garden and most of the rest. I dont get it. Extra Calmag products always messed my plants up. My base feeds are always between 1.0 and 1.8 EC in any coco coir brand.

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
I started using equal base and grow and that seem to solve my cal/mg problems. pH at about 5.8-6 EC 4-5.
I use less base in flower.

Cocogrogro

My grow: I grow in coco mixed with grow stones. Both small and large stones mixed. Roughly 30 70 mix ratio.

Started from seed. 4 strains. Started in rapid rooters. In dome. Moved to solo cups for 2.5 weeks. Now in 2.5 gal pots.

Lighting: started under 124watt cfl.
600w hps 2nd week in solo cups.

I'm early in veg, I use 4ml per gallon base. 8ml per gallon grow. I use n+cal mag at about 1.5 to 3ml per gallon, depending what plants show me. 2ml per gallon rhizo blast.I alternate 1drop per gal. one watering 2 drops the next of superthrive. I also have some microbelife hydro bennies. I have the nourish L and the fruit and yield enhancer. I've used nourish L once, and plan to use it maybe once every three or four waterings...

I've topped three so far as part of a little xperiment , and will wait to top the others.

Other than cal mag deficiency, all has gone well as planned... saw first signs of deficiency early and corrected. Looked more like mag than cal, but that's just an opinion.

Plan to continue upping nutes as needed and give more light when they get a little bigger. Maybe throw in some carb boost like sweet raw or something to boost buds....

I like suggestions. Just saying.lol

Latest posts

Latest posts