What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Mexico names medical marijuana growers

R

Robrites

SANTA FE, N.M. —New Mexico's Health Department has posted who is growing medical marijuana and where.

Cannabis producer information has previously been a secret. The state said that was mostly because of security concerns. Producers said thieves can often target their business and employees.
In 2015, though, a journalist challenged the rule, saying the state needed to be more transparent. The Health Department hosted several public meetings to discuss the topic and eventually agreed.
Some growers are worried the newly released information could put them in danger. Others tell Action 7 News if it helps modernize the industry so that people see it as the new norm, they're OK with the new rule. Some growers have said, too, they have nothing to hide.
http://www.koat.com/news/medical-marijuana-grower-information-will-be-posted-online-monday/38249338

FireIn.TheSky

This is my main issue with with legal and med growing. Being put on a registry like that is like inviting a vampire in for dinner.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's been a clandestined issue since inception in 2007. Once you were approved by the NM Dept. of Health, you received a list of suppliers and were instructed not to tell the whereabouts of producers.

This is a measure in transparency in government. Several years ago only 1/3 of suppliers had the necessary 'paper work' in order to grow. I believe having it known, everyone must abide by mass producing rules.

Just that statute alone, I began growing my own medicine in 2009.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
now you know where to spread some pollen ......yeehaw..it aint like they are naming homegrowers ..it seems like just any in the business of growing medical mj gets listed....

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://www.abqjournal.com/732262/ne...saddresses-of-medical-cannabis-producers.html

On a side note:

UPDATE at 10:42 p.m. on Feb. 27:

The communications director for the Girl Scouts of New Mexico Trails, identified as Carol Ann Short, emailed KRQE News 13 saying that selling outside medical marijuana dispensaries is against scout rules.

Short points to the 2016 Troop manual, which includes the following provision:

Booth locations are NEVER allowed at liquor stores, smoke shops, or medical dispensaries

Short says the girls won’t be punished, but that they “will talk to the adults in charge, letting them know that this is wrong and why.”

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) – Two local Girl Scouts set up shop at a unique location in Albuquerque on Saturday.

It’s that time of year — Girl Scout cookie season. The young ladies are back at it, enticing cookie-craving customers to hand over a few bucks a box.

Abby Sargent, a Junior Girl Scout, and Mary Jane Temer, a Brownie, sold their cookies outside Ultra Health, a medical marijuana dispensary on Menaul, on Saturday afternoon.

“You do have the stereotype that comes with Cannabis, and the munchies is one of them, so it kind of went hand in hand to have them out here,” Ultra Health Manager James Gambling said.

Ultra Health invited the scouts out, and has offered to donate $1 for every box the girls sold that day.

“Shows the community that we do more than just deal with medical patients, we’re also involved in the community,” Gambling explained.

KRQE News 13 asked Mary Jane’s father, who is friends with someone who works at the dispensary, about her name, given the situation.

“Well it is very ironic that she has the same name, but she was named after Spider-man’s girlfriend,” dad Phil Temer said.

The young, innocent girls didn’t appear to understand the irony. They were just happy with their booming business, with customers routinely pulling in to buy some Thin Mints, Samoas and more. About half of the customers also popped into Ultra Health.

Temer said he sees nothing wrong with the girls setting up shop here, and that they will likely come back if the good business keeps up.

“Everybody’s been happy to buy cookies and they’ve given them lots of smiles,” Temer said.

The young girls sold more than 60 boxes Saturday afternoon. The money donated by the dispensary will go toward a charity of the girls’ choice.

It’s not the first time a Girl Scout has chosen the unique location of a medical marijuana dispensary or pot shop to sell cookies. Most recently it happened in Oregon.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that story and following update by aridbud put a smile on my face ;) thx for posting

You are welcome, TyneTom....

Funny, they did well selling before being 'too close' to a dispensary!! cough.

Why others selling in various states, same premise with no slap on the hand is beyond me. Oh well.

Once the current gov'nah rides into the sunset, NM will continue to make strides in legal, et. al. I got my MMJ license there in 2008 before moving to CO.

Funny...I love those thin mints too, ST. My fave, though is the one with peanut butter and oatmeal sandwich cookies dunked in morning coffee! ;o)

Amynamous

Whats there to keep the state government from disclosing the list of medical users? Obviously, they bend to pressure.

Latest posts

Latest posts