What's new

easy way to make labels for my jars of dank?

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
I am looking for an easy way to make some neat labels to stick on my bell jars. I would like to make neat labels with colored text and maybe even small little pictures.

i dont own a printer at home and dont feel comfortable doing it at work. any ideas?

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
I use masking tape and a Sharpie. If you don't have access to a printer, then printing out labels can be a bit of a challenge.

How about one of those stores where they make copies and do printing? You can buy blank labels, then just set up the print file and you're good to go. They even have templates for each kind of label so you line things up correctly.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
i did this couple years back, now i realize how stoned lame it was. made some neat labels but i had a printer.
tape and sharpie trifecta

angel4us

ICMag Donor
small peice of paper facing out on clear packing tape - works great for putting advertisement pics from high times on lighters so as to make them unique and unmistakeable to u and lighter theif

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
Labels Shmabels

Labels Shmabels

Just get to know your plants, then fond memories and an understanding are developed...
I never forget what I grow, never...
They're like children when you put love into em... Well (morbidly :biglaugh:) children you dry up and smoke... ;) Mooowhooohaahaahaa!!
:D

Your mind and it's memory are the only labels you need... :joint:

JAH

:rasta:

budman678

Veteran
haha thanks. i figured i would get some interesting responses ;-)

I simply want to have clean labels. def dont need to be fancy but i think it would be fun. clean lines, organization and uniformity is my thing. i was hoping i could walk into kinkos and get someone to help my print some labels. i only need a limited amount...less the 10 bucks in all

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
Just get to know your plants, then fond memories and an understanding are developed...
I never forget what I grow, never...
go back thru my thread and see if you can remember what i grew for the last 7-8 yrs
i wish i could remember which were the best but alas im lucky i remember to roll it before i light it

Herborizer

Veteran
Masking tape ripped by hand into random sizes and shapes + sharpe pen used over here. Works great, fast, effective. Personally the medicine jar doesn't need to look pretty. What it is and the date harvested is all that matters to me. I start opening them up after 6-12 months cure. Weed that seems like fire at 3 months can knock your socks off at 12 months.

PIZZA GUY

I use a sharpie and write on the glass when the jar is done alls ya have to do is rub off the sharpie marks and you can write on the glass again no lables more green that way.

budderfly

Another vote for masking tape and sharpie (on the outside).

But for friends and family I used an engraver and wrote the name onto the brown glass jars I gave them their nugs in.

51dUPco4ZnL._SX450_.jpg

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Here's what I do. When the plant is finished, I take the plant label and punch a hole in it with a hole punch.
Then using snips, cut a line, angled up, from the side to the hole.Then I hang this on the line with the drying branches.
Then, when I take the branches down, I put the tag/label in the bag with the branches.
Then when I cut the buds off the branch, I cut the tip off the label, and fit it under the ring of the jar. (Above the lid)
That way one label follows the plant through all stages, with no wastage.

budman678

Veteran
Here's what I do. When the plant is finished, I take the plant label and punch a hole in it with a hole punch.
Then using snips, cut a line, angled up, from the side to the hole.Then I hang this on the line with the drying branches.
Then, when I take the branches down, I put the tag/label in the bag with the branches.
Then when I cut the buds off the branch, I cut the tip off the label, and fit it under the ring of the jar. (Above the lid)
That way one label follows the plant through all stages, with no wastage.

excellent idea!!!!!!!!!!