What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bad backs and the weather.......

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
This can make my back hurt:

picture.php

This helps me getting over it :rasta:

picture.php

P :smoke:

C99 : is all mental state to me . i would say its a thought provoking high to a mind racer buzz "your mind runs million miles per sec in all directions. pain killer propertys i would say not really . anxiety and depression worth at 65days . kinda reminds me of a DJ short true blue berry buzz from 2003.a real motivator in my opinon . i didnt experiance any panic or parinoia from the phenos i had. i also broke the rules of 52 days and went 65 . i think C99 is tons better at 65-70days .... if i could explain the buzz i would say drunk right before hammered with the want to get out and do something .i prefer kushs and sourbubble or bogs strains for pain and sleep. best sativa ive had for pain properties would be a strain from TGA JC

crazybear

C99 : is all mental state to me . i would say its a thought provoking high to a mind racer buzz "your mind runs million miles per sec in all directions. pain killer propertys i would say not really . anxiety and depression worth at 65days . kinda reminds me of a DJ short true blue berry buzz from 2003.a real motivator in my opinon . i didnt experiance any panic or parinoia from the phenos i had. i also broke the rules of 52 days and went 65 . i think C99 is tons better at 65-70days .... if i could explain the buzz i would say drunk right before hammered with the want to get out and do something .i prefer kushs and sourbubble or bogs strains for pain and sleep. best sativa ive had for pain properties would be a strain from TGA JC

Thanks for the input I figured looking at the leaves it was a sativa dom., I was gifted some beans, it smells good, sweet & spicy! Any feed back on Williams Wonder looks like Indica Dom.:wave:

THC123

Veteran
I'm also in a lot of pain today oy my back

i'm gonna quit factory work and go work as an office employee again even if it is boring

nukklehead

Sorry my post offended you. I did not intend that. I failed to make my point. Let me try again. No matter how tough you have it there's always someone who has it worse, so suck it up and get on with it. The guy with no legs thinks he has it bad till he meets the guy with no legs or arms. We are only on this rock for a short time, let's make the best of it. Better? Scrappy

tushay scrappy .. love your philosophy

Piel

Veteran
Got some ketoprophene, 100mgx3, added to the list and my pain seems to be receding. Green dragon might be playing it´s part though.

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
My low back was injured while in the army,(thank God). I'm covered for all things by the VA. Best medical care in the U.S.A.
Some days are good somedays you can't walk. The one I like best is when you sneeze or cough, if I'm not holding on to something I sneeze and the legs give out and down ya go. The wife just about crapped a big one the first time she saw that happen. Never had surgery, talked the army docs out of it. never met anyone that said surgery helped. The weather gets me in my hands more than anywhere else.
So it's time to blow a bowl and start the day.:smoweed:
trashed my back in 85

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
One cloud drops 14lbs per sq inch on your body so yeah it does effect you lol... I have found Glucosamine Chondroitin (1000mgs per day)to be effective tool aswell as moving to the Caribbean LOL peace out Headband707

dddaver

Veteran
I also am really affected by thundershowers. I think it's the sudden drop in pressure combined with all the electricity in the air. But I think storms can be SO pretty. There were storms about 10 miles away last night. Looked like strobe lights in the sky. SO pretty. But I was just in agony.

Sure sucks being a former weather forecaster sometimes too. It's like seeing a train coming at you but you can't get out of the way. Then BAM! Ouchy.

It's really strange. I just love seeing storms too, but they absolutely kick my ass. I think maybe it's some kind of karmic thing, maybe even for something I did in a past life or something.

Cool Moe

Veteran
What's up fellow chronic pain sufferers? Hey I wanted to share something I started about 6 months ago--blackstrap molasses. Not just for my plants but for me. Believe it or not it helps alleviate my pain a considerable degree. I'm no scientist but I think with daily blackstrap my blood carries more oxygen and becomes healthier with the iron, magnesium, potassium and various micronutrients. Every day I mix a soupspoon of unsulphered blackstrap molasses into a small cup with a half-inch of hot water and stir it in well, then add a quarter lime juice and bottoms up in two big gulps. The flavor takes a little getting used to but gets easier after a week or so. Seriously peeps, consider taking blackstrap molasses if you suffer from chronic pain. Your body will thank you.

Piel

Veteran
We have a warm front coming in and I still ache. Weird or I´m just aching in general. Love the heat though.

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
I have a bum hip from a surgery 18 years ago..... it's hurting like a mofo today..... big temp swings here right now..... thunder out of no where an hour ago. Nothing I've grown can touch this level of non stop discomfort. I do not take pain meds so ibuprofen is what I'm working with.

I also have to mix soil this week oy vey :D

So I feel for all of you I truly do :)

GS

crazybear

My low back was injured while in the army,(thank God). I'm covered for all things by the VA. Best medical care in the U.S.A.
Some days are good somedays you can't walk. The one I like best is when you sneeze or cough, if I'm not holding on to something I sneeze and the legs give out and down ya go. The wife just about crapped a big one the first time she saw that happen. Never had surgery, talked the army docs out of it. never met anyone that said surgery helped. The weather gets me in my hands more than anywhere else.
So it's time to blow a bowl and start the day.:smoweed:
trashed my back in 85

Sorry to get off topic, but how does the VA. deal with cannabis use?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

took a road trip 250 miles away on Saturday & returned Sunday. my back was hurting when I got to my destination Sat, too many hours getting ready and then the drive. Sunday was no better and today I'm paying for it in spades.......

G

Guest 10952

I feel you Stoner. I just moved this weekend. Man my back was on fire yesterday. A little better today. I'm gettin a new bed at the end of the week. Wahooo!! Man I can't wait. Hopefully that will help me some. I think when I was working out that it helped me alot more. Need to get back to the gym.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I feel you Stoner. I just moved this weekend. Man my back was on fire yesterday. A little better today. I'm gettin a new bed at the end of the week. Wahooo!! Man I can't wait. Hopefully that will help me some. I think when I was working out that it helped me alot more. Need to get back to the gym.

a new bed always helps a bad back, I have a Comforest adjustable bed but am needing a new mattress for it soon. I only wish my poor old back could withstand a day of moving, these days if I move around only a little too much I pay for it with 2 or 3 painful days after.

G

Gobwats

Something for you back pain sufferers to look into and consider is Radio Frequency Thermocoagulation. They basically cauterize the nerve sheath of the nerves that are causing the pain. I was on morphine for about 10 years, every doc I saw always said the same thing, my back was so fucked up I'd be on morphine the rest of my life so get used to it (all 5 lumbar, 3 thoracic, and 2 cervical vertebra fractured in '97, docs were afraid to even touch me let alone treat me, so they medicated instead.) Moved to where I currently live in 2005 and my new pain doc suggested the RF treatments; the first treatment was unbelievable, the difference in my pain level was like night and day. 9 months later I was totally off the opiates, able to walk more than a few steps at a time without fear of collapsing, able to stand up straight again, it really saved my life. Still have occasional pain when I over do it or the weather is bad, but nothing near what I had become accustomed to prior to treatments; very easy for me to control my pain these days naturally.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Hi:

I notice the cold fronts in winter and snowstorms coming on 1/2 day to 1 day in advance. I think it is the low air pressure I am noticing. When the air pressure is high I feel great. In my wild youth I had more wipeouts than I can count. Now that I am an old fart I really feel the joint pain in most of my joints. Oh well.

crazybear

Something for you back pain sufferers to look into and consider is Radio Frequency Thermocoagulation. They basically cauterize the nerve sheath of the nerves that are causing the pain. I was on morphine for about 10 years, every doc I saw always said the same thing, my back was so fucked up I'd be on morphine the rest of my life so get used to it (all 5 lumbar, 3 thoracic, and 2 cervical vertebra fractured in '97, docs were afraid to even touch me let alone treat me, so they medicated instead.) Moved to where I currently live in 2005 and my new pain doc suggested the RF treatments; the first treatment was unbelievable, the difference in my pain level was like night and day. 9 months later I was totally off the opiates, able to walk more than a few steps at a time without fear of collapsing, able to stand up straight again, it really saved my life. Still have occasional pain when I over do it or the weather is bad, but nothing near what I had become accustomed to prior to treatments; very easy for me to control my pain these days naturally.

You are seriously lucky I went through RF nerve burns also no relief for me!!!:wave: