What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Extracting bubble hash with mini/camping washing machines?

HendrikOl

Hi,

is anyone using a mini/camping washing machine to extract bubble hash?

If so can you recommend this process or would you recommend another way to extract bubble hash conveniently?

If you dont know what I am speaking about search for "bubble hash with Mr. Spliff" on youtube.

Thanks

W

WeetisPotPie

Depends on what you want really. If you are looking for quality hash, bubble bags hand mixed produce much better hash then the machines. To much agitation in the machines. They beat the shit out of the product. That's just my take. Over the years I've used machines, and I've done the 5 pull crap, mixing for 30 minutes, just ends up contaminating your final product. My advice, is use good bags, and only mix for 15 minutes at a time. Then do your pulls. After that I usually do 2 more mixes and pulls. You may not get as much but the end product will be much more pure.

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
I've been using an mini washing machine for years, best results are actually from stirring the trim (in a 220 micron bag) with a wooden spoon against the ice, I just run the machine to help it all keep mixed, then run the drained liquid through bubble bags

I usually run it through about 5 times, the 2nd and 3rd seem to yield at their best then

Apart from being a very useful container to mix and drain in, also for solo work, basically I agree with Weetis

Mad Lab

Agree'd with best product coming from hand stirred bags.

While I have gotten great product from washing machines it isn't the melty melty full melt I personally am looking for.

Nikka T is one of the few who gets get quality from the machines. He gives alot of advice on the Emerald Cup panels and other videos on youtube.

I like to dry seive to get the head ratio I'm looking for then press it into something that people can dab. I also like the opaque white look from pure heads.

Water brings something to the table that is unknown and using fresh frozen buds with minimal agitation produces fire.

Recommended to clean your machine after every use. Also keep in cooled room, similar to fridge temps.

Make sure to microplane to breakdown your waterhash. Gets as much moisture out after the wash and freeze. Take frozen hash balls and grind them through a microplane and dry for 4-7 days.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

i used a cement mixer , but by hand always is best. you get a better yield with machines but quality is no wear near as good.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

to go into it it a bit further, you can up your hand production. just put triple the amount in a garbage bin with triple ice water, and just drain through bags.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Poor excuse bump..

My friend just dumps frozen trim and ice in a bucket of water, then stirs till the trim decides it's going to sink. Just before this, he scoops out the trim and the stuff settled in the bucket is a nice hash by any street standard.

No machine. Not even a bag. Though he does have a pasta sieve.

If he were to use bags or screen, what would catch his product and let the water pass. I figure he could use two. Sieve 1 to take out the big stuff, and sieve 2 to catch the product and let the water go.

No interest in grading. Just a few Kg of outdoor to make a product from.

We are looking at dunking some in ethanol on site, but that's another thread.

Latest posts

Latest posts