What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need help with my ROOTS in COCO PLEASE!

Raw710

Azadirachtin and diatamaceous earth will clear up the springtails in no time. Best way to prevent all this is keep your rooms clean, meaning don't leave puddles of water in your rooms, and inspect your coco before putting it in a pot.

I seem to always get the springtails in the bottom of the pot by drainholes never on top. Is azadirachtin azamax? Yea I used to think cabana was the best but I am almost steering away from it to another brand any suggestions? I used to use house and garden but can’t find it anymore

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
First mistake I made when going to coco, was not letting it dry out somewhat in early veg. Watering everyday whether it needs it or not, causes lousy roots. I use airpots, to encourage quick drying. You do not want top to dry, but should lose a lot of weight.

Doing that, I have to feed 2 times a day, because the drink so much.

Raw710

pics of the stalled and dying clones. there was a shit ton of these that had to be killed off because they stalled for so long but i was able to save the few that i needed to make sure i had mothers.

i dont think the bleach will help with the bugs but who knows. im not advising it for that. just clean white roots and then start fresh with beneficials. h202 is good too but the 35% is pretty pricey and you use quite a bit per gal every 4-5 days.

Yea I think I’m gonna try the bleach to negate the root infection while I am doing a sterile res. Then I’m going to introduce bennies again if I can find a good source of them. I would rather use those then any sort of chemical.

Raw710

First mistake I made when going to coco, was not letting it dry out somewhat in early veg. Watering everyday whether it needs it or not, causes lousy roots. I use airpots, to encourage quick drying. You do not want top to dry, but should lose a lot of weight.

I agree but how do I keep the top just wet. Should o just mist it with a bottle until the bottom drain holes start to dry out?

Absolem

I seem to always get the springtails in the bottom of the pot by drainholes never on top. Is azadirachtin azamax? Yea I used to think cabana was the best but I am almost steering away from it to another brand any suggestions? I used to use house and garden but can’t find it anymore

Azamax does contain azadirachtin and the product works good for springtails. Your best buy for azadirachtin is a product called Molt-X. It contains 3% azadirachtin compared to Azamax which only contains 1.2% of the active ingredient.

Cheers

Raw710

Azamax does contain azadirachtin and the product works good for springtails. Your best buy for azadirachtin is a product called Molt-X. It contains 3% azadirachtin compared to Azamax which only contains 1.2% of the active ingredient.

Cheers

Would you happen to know the application rate? How long does it take to work?

Raw710

Molt-X and AzaGuard both contain 3% azadirachtin and are applied at a rate of 1ml/liter or 3.8mls/Gallon.

Great thank you! What kind of coco should I use and do you think I should supplement h202 for maybe more o2 in the medium?

Desert Hydro

Veteran
this is 2.5 days in tupur in an almost properly tuned VPD room lol
hand watered once a day, 650ppm no co2. humidity is still a little low for my temps since im using a little shitty humidifier that runs out every few hours and im only there once a day. i average 84 degrees and 70+rh until it runs out then i drop to 60rh

if you cant find it there are a ton of things like it. just tell them you want a good aerated coco mix with perlite and stuff already in it. worst case you could just add perlite to your coco if you cant find it. they add a few more beneficial things in there but work with what you can get.

there is no magic bag. live by the VPD chart, warm and humid with LOTS of airflow and the plants will reward you.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20171231_151140.jpg
    MVIMG_20171231_151140.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 14
  • MVIMG_20180103_175730.jpg
    MVIMG_20180103_175730.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 14

Raw710

this is 2.5 days in tupur in an almost properly tuned VPD room lol
hand watered once a day, 650ppm no co2. humidity is still a little low for my temps since im using a little shitty humidifier that runs out every few hours and im only there once a day. i average 84 degrees and 70+rh until it runs out then i drop to 60rh

if you cant find it there are a ton of things like it. just tell them you want a good aerated coco mix with perlite and stuff already in it. worst case you could just add perlite to your coco if you cant find it. they add a few more beneficial things in there but work with what you can get.

there is no magic bag. live by the VPD chart, warm and humid with LOTS of airflow and the plants will reward you.

Yes the VPD IS VERY IMPORTANT! Do you think 84 f and 70 rh creates the best roots?

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i think right around that range is ideal for veg with proper airflow. they all go hand in hand and if one element is off it can mess things up a bit. some more than others.

Raw710

How much would you let it dry out in early veg? And what size pot or cup were you using?

Raw710

Sorry I know o say I would post pictures but here is a picture of before and what the roots look like now

Attachments

• C3F24673-B694-458C-BF33-72F823B5FA4A.jpg
    C3F24673-B694-458C-BF33-72F823B5FA4A.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 17
  • E7D3ED64-A3A9-438D-A514-9EA69B7F0514.jpg
    E7D3ED64-A3A9-438D-A514-9EA69B7F0514.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 19

Desert Hydro

Veteran
damn thats a huge difference. thays exactly what happened to mine. now mine are back on track after the bleach. you could also run 35% h2o2 if you are afraid of bleach. here are mine after getting them healthy again. these are with base nutes, calmag and a tiny amount of bleach in the res. i am now stopping the bleach in the feed res because i am reintroducing beneficial bacteria thats been brewed with kelp and molasses once a week or so.

blumats are known for producing mounds of roots outside of the grow media. mine will be there in a few weeks at this rate

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180113_154329.jpg
    MVIMG_20180113_154329.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20180113_151734.jpg
    IMG_20180113_151734.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 11