What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2017

EvergreenState

My dream come true for this years' playoffs is to see Brady and Belichick arguing on the sideline, getting into a pushing and shoving match and then start wrestling on the ground. The battle of the titanic egos! Oh what a glorious site that would be.

shithawk420

Veteran
You might just get your wish Evergreen.heard there's trouble in New England paradise.gotta say I'd love to see that too

iTarzan

The refs sucked in both games. I can't believe this shit keeps happening week after week.

Mariota fumbled. His forward progress wasn't stopped because he was never really in the grasp and he was fumbling the ball right as the contact started. It was a fumble. This wasn't as bad as the tuck rule but it was bad. K.C. got screwed.

And that was helmet to helmet on Kelce. Yeah they care about player safety. How could they not see it? It would be like watching the academy awards and Weinstein comes out and squeezes somebody's tits but nobody yells sexual harassment. WTF???

That being said Andy Reid is an idiot. If it isn't clock management problems its is poor play calling. Kareem Hunt, the league's leading rusher, had 11 carries in a game where the Chiefs held the lead almost the entire way. IDIOT!

The Rams got screwed by the refs letting Atlanta get away with pass interference and holding all day. From the very beginning to the very end of the game. At the end the guy got mugged in the end zone.

I didn't care who won today. I didn't want to watch games dominated by officials bad calls and wasting fucking time.

shithawk420

Veteran
I agree those games were bogus but ATL still played well.I didnt see any pass interference.would of won anyway.I'm rooting for ATL so I'm biased maybe

iTarzan

Hey Baba...

Kamara does look pretty damn good.Troy Aikman had the same opinion you do and thinks he is the OROY.

I still am going with the stats and the NFL rushing champion. But your pick does have merit. More than I thought.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
mccafferty is another hot rookie to keep an eye on at the RB spot
/he remindeds me of a danny woodhead type rb, with good hands and feet
hunt still gets my vote for roty
so this was probably alex smiths last game as a chief
i wish they would have done better but thats how things go in the NFL
/im expect a big shake up in the afc west next season

iTarzan

This ref crap is totally crazy and out of hand. They gave that game to Alabama last night.

Georgia blocks a punt and gets screwed.

Alabama WR is offside on the TD play and Georgia gets screwed.

Georgia RB gets whiplash face masked in front of ref and Georgia gets screwed.

Georgia QB gets tackled and Alabama player shoves the back of his head (right in front of ref) Georgia gets screwed.

Alabama is not the real champion. They are the ref's champion.

This shit is getting old. They are ruining football.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
It'll be interesting to see who gets the annual awards this year. They won't be announced till Feb 3, the day before the superbowl. U can't go wrong choosing between Hunt and Kamara for ROY though, or even Fournette.
McCaffrey is a good receiver but he didnt have as much success running the ball; he seems too slightly built to break many arm tackles and averaged only 3.7yds on 117 rushing attempts. He'll probably get better at that as his career progresses though.

The chiefs got hosed by the refs against the titans, and giving hunt only 5 carries in the 2nd half with an 18pt lead is, hmm, questionable at best. Maybe they saw something in how the titans lined up to make them go away from the run, but still.
This doesn't bode well for the bears hiring the KC offensive coordinator, matt nagy, as their new head coach. But supposedly reid might have taken over play calling in the 2nd half, so maybe you cant blame it on nagy.

I didnt think atlanta had much of a chance against the rams but their defense came to play; rams turning the ball over twice on special teams also helped. They have to play at philly next but it's projected to be 50 degrees so weather shouldnt be too much of an issue; even if they win they probably wont be favored at minny or new orleans but if they keep winning the turnover battle you never know...

That was a good game last night between the tide and dawgs. I missed most of those questionable calls, tarzan, but the little shove to fromm's head, eh, i could see that being a non call. Maybe the ref warns him afterward not to do that again instead of throwing a flag. I thought the 3rd down pass interference call on georgia to extend a bama drive with 6 mins left was questionable, that led to a bama TD to tie the game.
I was rooting for georgia to win this game but you have to give credit to saban, it was a gutsy call to replace his QB at the half. Behind that true freshman, bama outscored georgia 26-10 in the 2nd half and overtime to pull out a gritty win (with some help from the referees of course).

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
The shove to fromm's head seemed worse when i saw it live, on replay it didnt seem as bad, imo. Maybe if fromm had taken more offense to it, officials would have thrown a flag.
I was having some trouble with my stream of the game on my espn app (dont have tv currently, should just get an antenna i know) so i missed parts of the game. Plus, to be honest, I wasnt fully paying attention (sort of had it on in the background) until the 4th quarter.
But yeah, all those questionable calls favored bama in the 2nd half, when they came back from 13pts down.
It was a big 10 officiating crew for that game. The offsides they called and false start they missed were pretty close calls, i could see them going either way on those.
I felt the dawgs should have given the ball more to michel in the 2nd half, he looked far more effective running the ball than chubb. Run the ball better, pick up some first downs, bleed the clock, even if you only score a field goal you can take 6-10 mins off the clock every drive. Also gives your defense a chance to catch their breath. Georgia had too many 3 and outs that 2nd half, letting bama back into the game.
I look forward to seeing chubb and michel in the nfl next season, and fromm and tua in the league in a couple years. But for georgia, there's always next year...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
i was surprised at how poorly the rams played against the falcons
it really shows how the playoffs are at a whole nuther' level and unfortunately the rams just choked'
i still like this team going foreward and cant wait for next year
/plus they will have been there, which was the biggest knock i had against them going in
im not going to say kc got hosed and like you said, baba' only feeding hunt the ball five times in the second half.../shakes head
but thats football

still, cant wait for this weekend
all four games have something fun to offer and im digging on the sat/ sunday format

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Former coach of the oregon ducks, mark helfrich, was named the offensive coordinator of the bears today. He was chip kelly's OC, took over when chip left for philly, got fired after 4 years when he had a 4-8 season.
Not sure how to feel about this. Nagy said hes going to call the plays but helfrich will help design the offense. Helfrich is the guy who didnt recruit Tua tagovailoa (5 star recruit, #1 dual threat qb) early enough in high school, so tua ended up going to alabama. That doesnt seem smart...

Maybe the rams resting their starters in week 17 backfired on them against atlanta? Did they look out of sync? But again, you lose the turnover battle 2-0 (which led to 10 pts by atlanta), that's hard to overcome in the playoffs where every team is good...

Im interested to see where alex smith ends up next year, maybe denver, maybe arizona, maybe even jacksonville depending on if bortles craps the bed in the playoffs. And then we'll see what Mahomes can do as the starter, he might be a sleeper pick in fantasy football.

Anyone want to make predictions on this weekend's games? I hate to go against the vikings at home, but ive already hitched my wagon to the saints, so ill go saints over vikings. Atlanta over Philly. Steelers over jags and pats over titans.

iTarzan

Titans over the Pats (you heard it here first) Brady gets broken. Unless the refs intervene.

Jags already killed the Steelers and I think it is going to happen again. There is the refs question again though.

Titans vs Jags (an all AFC South NFC Championship game).

Eagles lay waste to Atlanta. I predict a beatdown.

Saints luck out and win because for whatever reason the Vikings placekickers always choke and whoever it is this year doinks a shankasaurous.

Saints vs Eagle in the NFC Championship.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Those are some bold picks, tarzan. Jags did kill the steelers earlier this year but since then roethlisberger and the steelers offense improved a lot. And mariota worked some damn magic last week against the chiefs (throwing a pass, having it deflected it back to him and running it in for a TD?) which is what he'll have to do again to give his team a chance against the patriots.
Still, the jags defense is the league's best, and mariota had a poor season statistically but has played better recently once he recovered from his leg injuries.
Eagles are the first #1 seed to not be favored in the divisional round, mostly because of foles. Atlanta's defense is legit; quinn was the former def coordinator of the seahawks and has made the falcons' defense better since he's been there. So we'll see what happens with the falcons and the patriots later today...

I wonder, if brady has a bad showing in the playoffs at any point and the pats dont defend their title, if belichick really will leave. If the giants offer him 15-20 million a year, and with the #2 overall pick they get their next franchise qb, would that be enough to move him? It's weird to talk about the end of an era, with the pats winning 13 games and brady being the mvp frontrunner, but tom did not have good stats down the stretch (6 tds, 5 ints the last month or so) and garoppolo reeled off 5 straight wins for a 1-10 team after he was traded. But maybe this is the end of the run for the patriots, if it all goes downhill from here...

MrBungle

Atlanta has a qb and New Orleans has one too... so those teams move on... the AFC is a little tougher.... the obvious 2 perennial contenders are showing some dissent in the ranks.... but they both still have their qbs... I'm going Pats Jags for the AFC championship

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
some great games this weekend
ill play along, here are my pics:

eagles over atl
i think this one will come down to the philly defense being able pressure matty ice
weather might also be a factor for a dome team
pitt over jags
if bortles can keep his cool i would say jax wins
but i dont think he is a good qb and will fold under the preasure
ne over titans
young team on the rise but the pats make it so you have to play a perfect game to even keep up
this one could be a blow out
min over the saints
im going to jump on the bandwagon now and buy into the dream season for vikings fans
plus that D, its all bout that D

cant wait for kickoff
hope everyone enjoys the games

shithawk420

Veteran
The Eagles are hurting really bad.Wentz is hurt.everyone is hurt.how the hell can you think it's gonna be a "beat down"iTarzan?you even picked Titans over Pats.as much as I wanna see Titans win,you must be high as fuck

Latest posts

Latest posts