What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hmong Thai - 2017

Much respect 21 n growing Thai today is like seeing a unicorn... so U got some Thai going to ne pics ??? I just may have to join the party and put a few down in the last pop... not sure if I got time to finish them this year .... anyone dep a pure sativa like this from seed??!? Workers get pissed but I have no problem blocking walkways.

I'm no veteran of Thai plants. I had always heard of it, but never had any until my KC33 gave me two Thai phenos and I swear something in me changed when I opened the jar for the first time. A wave of sweet chocolate hit me. That's what inspired me to write a thank you to you guys lol.

20180403_234236.jpg
That's her 3 weeks before harvest. I should've taken more pictures but so be it.

1525529653862512263923.jpg
The bud looks so bizarre its amazing.

I expect it to be very interesting, but after seeing your pure Thais, I'm already looking toward that. The pure ones look way different from my hybrid.

I'm pretty sure it was the Thai pheno because the other ones had much bigger leaves and the parents are ThaixCol. Pure Thai has got to be the bomb. I let this one go 12 weeks. The only thing absurd I see about such a long flower period is letting that get in the way of this gem. I'm planning to do a Thai seed run for an epic headstash mother or two. After reading this thread I'm inspired to dedicate my production room to a open pollination run. Its incredible how close these heirlooms are to dying. Preserving them is critical for the future. Just think about how easily they could already be gone if not for sativa lovers. I'm thankful to every grower who held on to the old seeds when hybrids took over.

A 4x8 space may not have enough room for enough plants to please everybody, but that would still be plenty of f2s to share the love with. So far it seems the only way to get real Thai is to have someone share, so I wouldn't dream of not doing the same for anyone else. Also, all that pollen would be really interesting on my current humble library.

I apologize in advance if my highness affected the readability of this post.

Manivelle

Veteran
as isaid earlier in this thread ... for the people who can't understand .

Pretty close, I would add for breeding (not just preservation of a land race) the best males to use are from the very best females selected the year before and seeds kept for males. You can use a 100 to one ratio of females to males for seed production even on a massive scale.

With preservation you want to have as many males as possible.

Miraculous Meds

This is a copy of a post I made for a friend that's interested in running these indoors. I have more to add to the effect, which I thoroughly enjoyed, but here is a bit of info on my small run with this beautiful strain.

Hmthai, from rc, I pulled a juicy fruit female from 2 plants. Rc said there are 4 or 5 different female phenos, one being jf.

Smell lof spearmint and jf. Taste of jf, spearmint, vanilla, mild tobacco.

Effect is kind and light, getting cartoon trippy. visual distortion watching tv. long 3 hour buzz, but ultra mellow. really enjoyable.

I run 11/13, and took her to day 115, then dropped down to 10/14, then 9/15 the last few days, till 125, where I pulled the plug. Just some amber, still pushing out white pistils hard. RC said she'd be hard to finish indoors, he's right. I could have done better with her, but she still shined in effect. A special smoke imo. So hard to choose to run indoors, but worthy if you do.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Miraculous Meds, those look amazing...I've got some of these and am going to have to run them indoors, good to know that it is possible, even if it will be tricky. Any ceiling to the high on them?

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Stopped me dead in my tracks .... Next year for me I can't fuck with my light schedule to suit them... plan is startem in Jan have cuts in flower march sexed by may/jun the best 2/3 girlies go out in the 2nd rd.... big pots away from the main garden near all my ac condensers pen... they run constantly and plants in that section can go all year without hitting freezing.... last years panamas went well into December no problemo... killer pics mang that's what i consider art... smoke like that is special and money can't buy it!!!! It's only shared among like minded friends family or kept for personal stash... them Asian strains get better and better with time in the jar to . Enjoy mang enjoy

Miraculous Meds

Miraculous Meds, those look amazing...I've got some of these and am going to have to run them indoors, good to know that it is possible, even if it will be tricky. Any ceiling to the high on them?

Thanks buddy.
No ceiling after 3 joints in a row, had to stop after that. They can be done indoors. I had low light intensity in the room they were in and they outgrew the light canopy. If those things were in check, they would have finished much better imo. Start em early, and train them often indoors.

Stopped me dead in my tracks .... Next year for me I can't fuck with my light schedule to suit them... plan is startem in Jan have cuts in flower march sexed by may/jun the best 2/3 girlies go out in the 2nd rd.... big pots away from the main garden near all my ac condensers pen... they run constantly and plants in that section can go all year without hitting freezing.... last years panamas went well into December no problemo... killer pics mang that's what i consider art... smoke like that is special and money can't buy it!!!! It's only shared among like minded friends family or kept for personal stash... them Asian strains get better and better with time in the jar to . Enjoy mang enjoy

Thanks brother, couldn't have said it better myself. Hope you find some killer head stash in your run. Im looking forward to trying it out with more cure time. You will need lots of jars or buckets to store it though. :)

Night4wings20

Wow some beautiful plants/genetics guys. Keep up the good work and preserve the hell out of this line :D @Miraculous Meds those flowers look mighty fine from where I'm standing, would be really nice to roll joints out of.

grayeyes

But it made me think about something I was reading the other day. Strains that have a proclivity towards hermies seem to be pretty prevalent. It is US that become disappointed when they don't develop into half males and half females.

I know hermies make it harder to control breeding but that seems to be what alot of strains want to do. Might be a genetic trait that has preserved this plant.

Last edited by a moderator:

meizzwang

as isaid earlier in this thread ... for the people who can't understand .

Very valid point, but these folks are doing an outstanding job with the little genetics they had to start with. I think it's better to do what they are doing than do nothing at all. They could always infuse new, closely related genetics into the line, but that could completely alter the line. Not exactly the best example, but Ace's panama line is way different than panama red.

Manivelle

Veteran
Very valid point, but these folks are doing an outstanding job with the little genetics they had to start with.
and i didn't said anything about that . i'm happy he did it and thank him for that . he just did'nt remember ....

but for "preservation" i don't agree that's it .

someone pointed me another quote recently .

read for yourself . may be you'll can understand. if what i already said is not enough . my goal is education . to whoever need it. i have a lot of work as you can see here when so called expert are not doing the difference. i'm starting to witness some changes in some pratices. and i like to think i'm for something in this changes.

Attachments

• nev.jpg
    nev.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 18

RC_Colas

Veteran
Enough already Manivelle, please go start another breeding thread and stop sullying my show about this precious line.

Saludos

RC_Colas
:tiphat:

and i didn't said anything about that . i'm happy he did it and thank him for that . he just did'nt remember ....

but for "preservation" i don't agree that's it .

someone pointed me another quote recently .

read for yourself . may be you'll can understand. if what i already said is not enough . my goal is education . to whoever need it. i have a lot of work as you can see here when so called expert are not doing the difference. i'm starting to witness some changes in some pratices. and i like to think i'm for something in this changes.

elanius

Veteran
Here are some pics of Hmong Thai, flowering for 14 weeks. The smell is very delicate - floral, citrus mix, incense...very exotic and pleasant.
I took of the lowest buds, that were not getting enough light, these were totally undeveloped. Did not even dried them properly and put some in vaporizer. Fruity/vegetable taste, like citrus mixed with carrots. Well, long story short, i was not expecting much, but I could not believe what was happening 30 minute after vaping, from those tiny shitty buds. Very psychedelic, mind expanding, high lasted for more than 2 hours. I am really curious about the smoke from 18 weeks old flowers, cured for some months..Imagine the potential of this plant grown to maturity in its original environment.

By the way, part of this girl was seeded with Tom Hill Haze males selection

RC_Colas, thanks again !
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php