What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Would you be interested in an auto that finishes in 45 days but yields 20 grams?

angelgoob

yes yes mjpassion.

i innoculate with mycorhizzae, so that helps to clear any excess nutes on the shell and overrun stuff. right?

Anyway this auto would be one of those bigger seeds. Does anybody weigh and measure and breed seeds? I don't think so..

yes yes mjpassion.

i innoculate with mycorhizzae, so that helps to clear any excess nutes on the shell and overrun stuff. right?

Anyway this auto would be one of those bigger seeds. Does anybody weigh and measure and breed seeds? I don't think so..

Well you are wrong about people not weighing seeds. Lots of places sell bulk seed by the pound or kilo.i dont know what you are worried about big seeds for everyone has already said seed size has nothing to do with anything important. Lots of growers spoke up, listen to their experiemce

angelgoob

i mean seed by seed.. not quantity. lol they ain't breeding by weight. ya know?

have you read what I said about bogglegum, what do you have to say about that?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

You've got a lot to learn......

And talking in circles doesn't make much difference.

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
Well you are wrong about people not weighing seeds. Lots of places sell bulk seed by the pound or kilo.i dont know what you are worried about big seeds for everyone has already said seed size has nothing to do with anything important. Lots of growers spoke up, listen to their experiemce
uh huh...zactly.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Would you be interested in an auto that finishes in 45 days but yields 20 grams?[/FONT]
Hi angelgoob. I pose a question for you..

Would you be interested in a photoperiod strain that finishes in 90 days and yields 600 grams?

I know that is twice your 45 days, but the yield is 30 times as much. These strains exist right now so striving for 20 grams in 45 days doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I would give them a shot. I'll grow any seeds, never know what your gonna find. Sure educated guesses can almost 100% guarantee what the seeds will turn out like. But there's always the chance of finding something really special.

Plus I think the 45 day thing is cool. Yes most of the better auto's take longer to finish. But having a plant finish in just over 6 weeks, sounds super interesting. I say go ahead with your project and see what you find. Plus making your own seeds and seeing what comes of them, is one of the bets parts about growing.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
feminized auto seed, good smoke, 20 grams per plant? it would depend on price per seed. good price? i'll take a few dozen, thanks...:tiphat:

What do i have to say to that? Your inexperience flatters me... lol ive popped litterally thousands of seeds of all shapes and sizes, some so small they are hard to handle and became massive sativas and some same size seed that were skunk x bigbud seeds. Bogs gear does not relate to the entirety of cannabis so i say that. Just because you got some vigourous plants out of big seeds does not mean all big seeds are like that. Ive had some massive seeds that were pure f8 stabilized jack h, also some massive ones that were pure afghanis. The jacks vegged 1000 times faster amd yielded so much more.

Anyway your idea of vigour is subjective, because in my years of experience growing all forms of cannabis, my idea is probably so much different. Its not based on 5 or 10 varieties its litterally hundreds. I used to only grow from seed no cloning. Ive probably grown, cut down and smoked more elite plants than there are elite clones in circulation. Ive seen sativas that will veg 1 foot per week or more than stretch 10× in flower...

Come back and talk to me after popping another 2000 maybe 3000 seeds, you might get close to the +5000 ive cracked, and then we can talk. The conversation will go like this. You: "Dude you were so right i didnt know wtf i was talking about back then about seed size its not relevant at all" Me: "i know that. I knew that then and told you that but did you listen?"

Did you know seed size and patterning usually looks quite a bit like one of the parents seeds? You probably didnt know that because you probably have never made a cross, then took it more generations all the way observing the appearance of the seeds from the P1 to the last F gen. I have. I have pics but im not about to look though 18000 pics on my phone to find them.

You are just so wrapped up in nonsense concepts. Big seeds, 20 gram autos bred from genetics no one thinks is good... unless you were giving that stuff away for free most people would pass on it, and the people who would take it are those who just want to be nice and try them (ive done that and been burned) some will try them because they are willing to pop just about anything looking for gold.

I myself would not even look at what you are talking about unless i was looking at the toilet aiming where to launch such seed... maybe im a genetic snob but i wont touch anything i cant look at and have just the pic, description and genetetics take my breath away. I dont buy $30 packs of seeds i pay $100 to $250 a pack.

Anyway talk circles all you want you are not going to confuse me. Ive been doing this a long time, im not going to admit your arguement has merit because it does not. Just because one variety has big seeds and was relatively fast vegging for a indica does not mean anything. It certainly does not trump 10 years experience popping every kind of bean under the sun i have. Additionally, not only do you ignore what im telling you but you are ignoring what countless growers are telling you all who say the same thing.

As someone noted why cant you wait twice as lomg for 30 tines the yield. Mathmatically thats a no brainer. Also, those sativas have little to no veg time needed to yield like a banana tree, so why are you worrying about 45 day 20 gram nonsense...

You would have to grow so many of those plants... with genetics like mighty mite you will be smoking 3 gram joints just to get high... why bother? I dont get it. Anyway you are not speaking on fact more a generalization about things you dont understand. LOL too be honest most big seeds belong to indica doms, which are so far from vigorous it makes me laugh. Go grow a sativa with tiny seeds you will see vigor my son... lol i got about 1000 cambodians laying around that will laugh at the supposed vigor of anything bog sells... hate to break it to ya, but you need to do alot of learning...

Before you call someone out on a weak argument next time just do some research. We all have better things to do than keep telling you facts you dont want to hear/understand

angelgoob

Just because one variety has big seeds and was relatively fast vegging for a indica does not mean anything. - Fast vegging doesn't mean anything. OG Expressions 8/10/2017

angelgoob

plus, are you coming up with new ideas or something? You seem to not even know what my experience is with pumpkin seeds and bogbubble. hmm.

guess I am just a noob with 7 different techniques to attain a seed that matures in 45 days or less. 20% amber trichs.

List my seven methods first and then I will tell you what knowledge you hold.

I flatter you? You mean it's an ego boost? Good for you. I am not, that is not my intent, you so can take it back. I don't look up to people who look down on me for my ideas. Nor have you provided any facts I don't know.

What facts by the way. You have no experience with oversized seeds and seedlings obviously except for THEY VEG FASTER.

I've done more research about seeds in this week, than you have in your entire life. I know why seeds are big. There are a few reasons for this.

You on the other hand, might not know why a seed is big, why it has a thick shell, or why it's shaped the way it is.

Which is my intent, you just proved me right by saying that an indica with big seeds vegs faster.

Last edited:
plus, are you coming up with new ideas or something? You seem to not even know what my experience is with pumpkin seeds and bogbubble. hmm.

guess I am just a noob with 7 different techniques to attain a seed that matures in 45 days or less. 20% amber trichs.

List my seven methods first and then I will tell you what knowledge you hold.

I flatter you? You mean it's an ego boost? Good for you. I am not, that is not my intent, you so can take it back. I don't look up to people who look down on me for my ideas. Nor have you provided any facts I don't know.

What facts by the way. You have no experience with oversized seeds and seedlings obviously except for THEY VEG FASTER.

I've done more research about seeds in this week, than you have in your entire life. I know why seeds are big. There are a few reasons for this.

You on the other hand, might not know why a seed is big, why it has a thick shell, or why it's shaped the way it is.

Which is my intent, you just proved me right by saying that an indica with big seeds vegs faster.

Theres no such thing as oversized seeds. You are as clueless as they come talking out your ass. I see i have wasted my time becuase you dont understand plain english. You are so inexperienced it hurts. The rest of us can see it all up and down your response.

Whatever dont learn i dont care have a nice day. You think you are a expert you are not. Ive been popping so mamy seeds it would make you cry, seed size and shape are irrelevant and you are clueless. Theres no factuality in anything you say. Another genius to the ignore list. Normally i reserve that honour for rude people, you just plain are not smart enough to keep talking too. Im glad your seed research has led you to know more than me amd the rest of ICM... why not grow some hemp those seeds are huve amd super vigorous... wait you probably already do. You clearly domt know jack about drug cannabis

Nowhere did i say you are right you deluded clown. Go hit the crackpipe again ot seems to serve you well. Keep your nonsense noob talk no one cares. No one with real experience growing plants talks about 7 methods to breed garbage like its cool. No one cares about this nonsense project or the fake crap you spill all over the place

Only the most braindead newb would think reading about seeds on the internet makes them know better than someone who cracked thousands of seeds, or the breeder on here talking to you, or the countless others. You just dont get it because you wont. You dont believe in fact you believe whatever you want. Have at it. Im glad you think pumpkins and 1 variety tells you everything about cannabis. Dont worry we will laugh at you for days for this latest nonsense

angelgoob

I didn't say one variety. I said two varieties, one with bigger seeds and bigger seedlings.

Thanks for the name calling. Just says you're childish.

Fuel

The weight/time ratio that you announce as the subject still pretty basic for a (true) SOG expert. I've missed one point in translation maybe during these (hot blood lol) 8 pages.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Seed size is dictated by the size of the bract it formed in.

BOG's gear has big seeds. That's from the subcool Jack influence. And NL has big beans too.

Jack is fast vegging. Probably why you noticed vigor in the BOG.

Sorry seed size has fuck all to do with vigor. Maybe here and there it holds true. But there is no consistent correlation between size and vigor period.

Seed size is dictated by the size of the bract it formed in.
Yes very true and I have recently seen a perfect example of this.

I did a double reverse of Cookies Kush and my old Jack Herer clone. The seeds which formed on the Cookies Kush were huge as it has large calyxes. The seeds produced by the Jack were small as it has small calyxes. The genetic potential of both seeds are the same.

The main advantage of a larger seed is a greater store of energy to get the seeding going initially. Everything pretty much evens out after a week or two though.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Yes very true and I have recently seen a perfect example of this.

I did a double reverse of Cookies Kush and my old Jack Herer clone. The seeds which formed on the Cookies Kush were huge as it has large calyxes. The seeds produced by the Jack were small as it has small calyxes. The genetic potential of both seeds are the same.

The main advantage of a larger seed is a greater store of energy to get the seeding going initially. Everything pretty much evens out after a week or two though.

Yes I can see an energy store advantage.

But most of the contents of a seed slough off the cotyledons. That white starchy material. It is not used in germination.

So the embryo itself seems of be of fairly consistent size and not necessarily proportional the the seed itself...food for thought.

Yes I can see an energy store advantage.

But most of the contents of a seed slough off the cotyledons. That white starchy material. It is not used in germination.

So the embryo itself seems of be of fairly consistent size and not necessarily proportional the the seed itself...food for thought.
The cotyledons are the energy store. Inside the seed they form the two large halves of the the contents and the embryo is relatively small.

Latest posts

Latest posts