What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Acapulco Gold

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am the boss in my tent. No plant will be over 18 inches tall, on that you can depend.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
attachment.php

This is Bodhi Acapulco Gold at 3 1/2 weeks flower. The one on right is not flowering. My cat chewed off the main central tip during veg and all that was left was a side shoot. I am not sure if it can ever flower now. The plant on the left was vegged in the same container as the one on the right till it showed sex and by that time most of the growing is done. Up potted it just for the hell of it, might get an extra 2 grams hehe.

Attachments

• SAM_0689.jpg
    SAM_0689.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 42

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Btw, I am almost sure that Bodhi got this strain from Snowhigh. Judging by what my plants look like and his pictures. The flowering plant only, the vegging plant does not have the same look, but if it flowered I think it would get that thin delicate look to the leaves.

troutman

Seed Whore
Your cat delayed the flowering time. It will still happen. :comfort:

Maybe your cat selected the one with the most terpenes?

Rub both their stems and find out. :tiphat:

mexicani-ar

Bodhi Acapulco Gold

Bodhi Acapulco Gold

Some pictures to refresh this thread, 13 days into flowering 11/13 - on/off , hey Yesum your plants look great , looking forward to seeing your results, saludos Mexicani-ar

Attachments

• 20170213_163134.jpg
    20170213_163134.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 20170213_163017.jpg
    20170213_163017.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 37

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just got my second pack of AG today, along with the Zipolite. Hell, the Zipolite may be a winner too?

Looks to be around 30 f2 seeds on my AG as well. This strain must be good for you to be running it again mexicani-ar. If you can try a white lite that might help the effects. High K like 10,000 K metal halides are out there for aquariums.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
This is Bodhi Acapulco Gold at 3 1/2 weeks flower.

I'd rather call it Liquid Kid's Acapulco as a matter of respect... Bodhi, after all, simply reproduced a strain he received from someone else and is releasing it to the public. In a similar way, ACE is just getting a piece of the cake and making the most of the chance to redistribute a big named cultivar.

But credit goes to Liquid_kid06, who sourced and preserved the strain in 2010 and passed it along, as far as I know, his thread can still be found at the Canna Cabana. Gotta give credit when credit is due, as often originators get lost in translation within this big game of egos and money.

Preserving the original and true story behind every genetics is just as important as preserving the seeds themselves IMHO, otherwise it's just random seeds... without this people, no one else will be growing those nowadays and we wouldn't be able to document a piece of history.

Vibes. :tiphat:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So do you think this is legit AG Mustafunk? I guess there might have been multiple AG's though. If it tripped you out and was gold, then AG was the name given, or you wanted more money for your product.

I tried to access that website and no go. Can you give any more info on the acquisition of the this strain or authenticity of it?

hillbil

I am flowering Zipolite right now, best looking plant hermied and raised hell causing me to chop 2 Lemon Lotus before I confirmed the Zipolite hermie. Two others are at 70 days and have some time to go. Virtually all pistils are white trichs clear. They continue to grow and stretch 6 or more weeks in flower. I LST and they are crawling all over. Buds are extremely feathery, no trichs on very narrow leaves. Buds are covered though. Time and space hog in the tent. Not sure if I'll let them go past 80 days.

Chopped a Lemon Lotus at 62 days Tuesday and it smells like balsam. Whitest plant I have seen. Very Indica pheno.

Last Tuesday I cut a Secret Chief which I will first vape today. Third time with Secret Chief. Weakness in early growth has been only problem. Smells dank and spicy/woody. Very dense and potent. All have been excellent.

hillbil

@yesum There is a thread on some forum where Bodhi talks about the trip when he hot the
AG. It's a sticky. Maybe GC or the Farmer.

Just google Bohdi Oaxacan trip . It was his second trip to there he got his seeds , not by a "Strain Hunters " type expedition in the bush , he tried that the first trip it didn't work . Time for Arjan to go down there and score , I thought about telling him what he could call the trip when I saw him at The Emerald Cup connections and Cajones

troutman

Seed Whore
So do you think this is legit AG Mustafunk? I guess there might have been multiple AG's though. If it tripped you out and was gold, then AG was the name given, or you wanted more money for your product.

I tried to access that website and no go. Can you give any more info on the acquisition of the this strain or authenticity of it?

I can't find that info also. A link to that thread etc. would be great to have.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
@yesum There is a thread on some forum where Bodhi talks about the trip when he hot the

I have seen the thread where he talks about the Zipolite trip and the 2 Oaxacan strains he scored, but not any on getting the AG. I think that was just given to him by Snowhigh or Liquid Kid?

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran

He didn't get the AG from a trip but from someone else, but it's a different line than the one Snow was working with. Liquid Kid sourced and reproduced the strain like I've said, from the 2 only plants that germinated in 2010 out of the 5 seeds he received (he posted that on an invitation-only forum). No background info on the strain, only a reference about getting it from down the south. It was just an old grow log with pics that are no longer online. Jammaster received seeds and did another repro in 2010. I know for a fact that Bodhi was a member on that forum too and he received the seeds from Greywolf via Liquid Kid and reproduced the stock.

What he definitely sourced from a trip was the Zipolite, I've posted some of his pics on the Zipolite thread, he sourced that from the beach like some people said, from a very touristy and common surf destination. It was the only strain he brought from that 2010 collection trip after he lost all of them. Buds normally came from the Oaxacan mountains nearby, qualities differ depending on stocks though:

bodhiseeds said:
zipolite is famous as mexicos only nude beach and a hippie hangout since the 70's. has some cool beaches and cliff dwellings plus a dope surf break. lots of smoking going on and good food...

this sample was straight up oldschool mexican speed weed, edgy and electric. i actually scored it from the beach lifeguard which i thought was pretty cool, seems he was looking out for peoples safety. was going to call it lifeguard but its just zip, as in zippy, as in zipolite.

sorry this collections trip was not full of more seeds and adventure but when your whole family is with you you got to be mellow and safe. was going to make a collection in puerto escondido too but i missed the connection before we had to go.....

so heres the incredibly sad part..... my wife and her friend were playing cards and decided to use my big paper book bag that i kept all of my seeds that i pulled out of the buds in as a score sheet, i told them be really careful because my seeds are in there, i did not want to be a total nob and freak out so i let them score away on the bag. well when its time to get a taxi back from zipolite im searching everywhere for my bag, turns it it was thrown away on accident during the cleanup or they say by the cleaning lady. i was devestated, really bummed, i did have a stash of the zip that had some seeds still in it.

bodhiseeds

Veteran
this is a great thread...

i dont get alot of time these days to surf the forums..

but its a real treat when i do, so much great info and sharing...

***mustafunk is absolutley correct.... the ag is from liquid kid who got them from his mentor greywolf. ive had to tip toe around the subject for a bit because i was not sure liquid kid wanted to be revealed, but i got some confirmation its ok to share the info. most of the full grows of the ag are on two private sites that has also made things harder to divulge. the ag is a vintage line that greywolf obtained long ago, its a creative sativa that lends itself to music and merrymaking, its a 14-16 weeker, and is semi stable indoors... a friend really wanted to grow some ag and i offered him mine under the promise to make more so everyone could enjoy them, the nierika freebies are those seeds......

the zipolite was from an oaxaca trip around 8 years ago, ive grown her seeds on and off since then. its mostly an electric commercial hybrid with a whole range of phenos, 8-12 weeks, with some really special sativas hidden in the line. aromas range from cedar to tropical fruits and citrus. my favorite smoke from that trip was a classic mexican sativa spear from mazunte but it was lost in a mishap.

Latest posts

Latest posts