What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Columbian Gold X ChemD

it has been raining extremely hard lately here in Puna. Plenty of my ladies are having mold & Powdery Mildew issues. But my Colombian Gold X ChemD's are looking like they are having very little mold issues!

Attachments

• IMG_3442.jpg
    IMG_3442.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3509.jpg
    IMG_3509.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 13

idiit

Veteran
interesting cross. thanks for the post. what was the source of the smcg? i ran some extrema ( heri x chem d) od last year and the chemd leaning phenos were bud rot ( brown) susceptible for me in my environment. love the taste, resin, smell chem d brings in.

TB Gardens

Veteran
Nice stuff, did u reverse the D yourself? What else did u hit the pollen to? Agreed man, it would be great to see some breeders do old school x new school hybrid lines. Gettin tired of seeing the same Old thing crossed with the same old thing. Reintroducing some authentic landraces into all the Chem, OG, Sour genetics could be pretty interesting.

Good luck brotha, looks like ur a month and a half to 2 months out!

when I first popped these beans I wasn't expecting that much from them. But the first pleasant surprise was that four outta the five seeds I started came up ladies!!! I focused on two of the ladies while I gifted my partners one each of these females. One lives at sea level while the other lives not far from me in this jungle.

This past week we got hammered here with rains off the charts. Most of my plants quickly scummed to mold, and were slowly being taken over by powdery mildew! But these two Colombian Gold X ChemD held pretty strong while the other strains suffered big time!

In the end I had to cut the upper half of the one Colombian Gold X ChemD. The one that showed more landrace traits in her flowering than the other one.
About a week earlier I hit them both with "bushmaster", for security reasons. The one plant was already over 8 ft and the other was just under 6 ft. But was to close to main road for comfort!

Attachments

• IMG_3801.jpg
    IMG_3801.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3802.jpg
    IMG_3802.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3631.jpg
    IMG_3631.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 14
Nice stuff, did u reverse the D yourself? What else did u hit the pollen to? Agreed man, it would be great to see some breeders do old school x new school hybrid lines. Gettin tired of seeing the same Old thing crossed with the same old thing. Reintroducing some authentic landraces into all the Chem, OG, Sour genetics could be pretty interesting.

Good luck brotha, looks like ur a month and a half to 2 months out!

Nah, I'd love to take credit for these beans but they are from 'Gage Green Genetics'. A seed company outta northern Cali. These guys move to the beat of their own drum. They get plenty landrace/hybrid crosses too! As a matter of fact I just started some Cindy Lew Pew X Colombian Black, plus I got two female ECSD X Colombian Gold #4,...all from 'Gage Green Genetics'! So I'm pretty happy with these cats!

Images are from one of the Colombian Gold X ChemD girls

Attachments

• IMG_3876.jpg
    IMG_3876.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3877.jpg
    IMG_3877.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 12

Smoking Gun

Hawaiian,

Those are some nice looking buds. Definitely more sativa influence than the straight Chem D. Those will probably be quite tasty when they are done. I would love to see the whole plant and check out its structure.

unfortunately weather has not been on my side lately here in Puna,and I seriously doubt that it has been on the side of anyone either!

Because of extreme nasty weather past month and a half. I had to cut upper half of both ladies down for two reasons. One for security,and the other because of mold!

Here are more pics from both plants showing different expressions in their buds.

Attachments

• IMG_4062.jpg
    IMG_4062.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4167.jpg
    IMG_4167.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4165.jpg
    IMG_4165.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4164.jpg
    IMG_4164.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4162.jpg
    IMG_4162.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 18

Smoking Gun

Sorry to hear about the poor weather, but man those buds are looking quite tasty. I really do enjoy Hawaiian grown bud, there always seems to be something special about it. You will surely have some fine smoke there, I would love to try it out.

TB Gardens

Veteran
Nice pics brother!

Ohh so Gage green offers these eh? Well that's good news for u cus I was about to pm & start hounding ya for beans! Lol. Sounds like some good landrace hybrids to keep in the vault.

Chembian GolD, I love it!

both pics are of sister plants. One was never topped, and the other was. These plants are awesome. I wish they were totally mold proof but they are not. But they fought the mold off better than any of the other strains I grew at the same time!? These two sisters were grown at different locations.

Attachments

• IMG_3014.jpg
    IMG_3014.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3070.jpg
    IMG_3070.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 13