What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Luang Prabang

inquest

picture.php

Here are the last two standing. #6 and #20. 20 is the tall one. I had a small smoke test of her lately and she seemed to be an ok strength, quite a bit of body to her, and more of a knock out high. Not what I was expecting to say the least! I was also pretty tired from the day so that probably had a lot to do with it.... I'm hoping she brings size and some interesting effects to the Malawi, and the Malawi ups the potency while bringing hybrid vigor and shorter flowering times.... we'll see....

G

Guest 88950

wow.............i guess i need to make sure they are in small pots.

i could do a whole pack in 18" x 18" area of my tent.

do you think a lst or pinching the stem to control height would be too much stress for this strain?

cant wait to see what Luang x Malawi turns out for you.

Ncali

Veteran
Wow inquest, way to tame these ladies for the indoor op! When you get back from vacation tell us how the reveg went. The malawi x lp sounds interesting :D Those should be some big girls in there...:plant grow:

inquest

Hi guys! it's been awhile. #20 didn't reveg. I think I harvestd too much from her. Oh well. All the others I tried revegged just fine. Doesn't matter too much though, I had to shut my grow down/chop all the plants. I've had a change of jobs/residences, also a security issue during the move. So, all plants are in seed form currently.

Blank!
Good to see you've popped some beans! I'll be living vicariously through you for the time being! :) Which parents did you pop seeds from and how many did you plant?

blan-k-flor

Veteran
Hi bro:tiphat:! For the moment only 5 seeds of the Luang Prabang#5, i wish i had more space this year but my grow site is very little for more ladies... I think i´ll take some cuts when sexed to share with my friends and also make some more beans:dance013:. See you my friend:thank you:!

Guava

HI, Inquest. Any smoke report after a little cure? To bad you had to chop, but thanks for the show.

Guava

inquest

Hey guys! I've been sampling the girls here and there for the past few months and have found the smoke to be similar to when picked. If there's any difference in strength it's not by much so far. As for effect, seems the same too. The clear ones sneak up on you and then you're like; Hey, wait a minute, music sounds amazing and I feel like doing stuff! Great aphrodisiac, too! #20 is still a dud for potency.....:/ All I have of her is mixed with the Malawi genes. I hope I find some good ones in there!

Also, if you're a heavy smoker, even the more potent ones will come up short for you.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Sounds nice Inquest! I guess with this exotic plants is not about raw potency but quality of effect and differentiation from the comercial strains.

Did it had a clear active effect or had it a relaxing warm end when smoking too much?

:)

inquest

I think with some (a lot of) searching and then a lot of working of different LP lines you could find/build some killer plants here.
One of the biggest things NOT going for me is a massive change in environment for these guys. Remember, their parents lived in Laos, Latitude 18 North. Tropical and equatorial, it's nothing like my 400w MH or my basement.... :/ Their offspring were bred to have the best chance of survival (etc.) in those conditions.
My goals with the ones I have is:
-Preserve a line. (open pollenations, 12/12 from seed)
-Build an indoor/more compact and potent line. (build from #9)
-Build a large and more potent outdoor line. (build from #20xMalawi#6, 12/12 from seed)

Funk,
They are definitely different than any commercial strain. A very clear high that creeps up on you. I notice it when music starts to sound different. It's like I can hear, or at least pay attention to, much more of the sound/s that the producer has mixed into the track. Ambient sounds REALLY pop!! Physical multi-tasking and energy goes up. Mental multi-taking.... maybe not so much! lol It's workin mans weed though, that's for sure! As far as physical effects.... Libido goes way up and sex is amazing! But body buzz, pain relief, cold head pressure, etc. None. zip. And as it wears off, all that energy you had and used up? Yup, it's gone. then it's sleepy time.