What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Luang Prabang

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
those things are gonna be huge...

are you gonna LST? or what?

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
These are a real pain to grow indoors from seed as they veg until there genetically mature enough to flower,they take 2 month to start flowering then take another 4-5 months to flower,but if you just veg them until you've sexed them take cutting of all the fems and flower those once rooted and they'll start to flower within 2-3 weeks and only take 12-14 weeks to flower.
I used a 14/10 for about 1 week after i'd rooted them then switched to a 10/14 to start flowering as i was trying to replicate there natural envorinment and out of 5 differant fems i found a very nice plant which was nicly covered in trichomes compered to the others and out of the 5 2 were hermis and the other 2 just didn't produce many trichomes at all and was a poor smoke.They all had a similar aroma of lemon grass which changed to a spicy woody aroma after a few months cureing and had a nice effect,good daytime smoke.
I grew the same cutting for a few years and each time it seemed to get alittle more potent.I sadly lost that cutting to pythium wilt so i'll have to look for another keeper but this time i'll outcross it to some of my other sativas.

inquest

Week 5

Week 5

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

Love the way these leaves hang.
picture.php

:thank you:

inquest

picture.php

picture.php

I'll have to measure them for the 6 week update.... I'd guess about 3 ft for the tallest and 14-15 inches for the shortest. I had been spraying CS on some of them but it doesn't seem to be having an effect. Hmmm.... Time to order up some STS, I guess. I've got a number of fems and two lady-boys and a few un-determineds.

Cheers!

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
thanks, how much more do you expect them to stretch?

i was under the impression these were gonna be hard to do indoors...

per the breeder marijuanamat a total pain to do indoors...

looking very nice... :tiphat:

inquest

They're still in 12oz cups and they're 3 feet tall!!!! :biglaugh:

I was forced to feed them yesterday as they have used up most of the nutes in their soil. The stretch has slowed and I dont have to water every day, just every other now! :)

These would absolutely need topping, stem crushing, scrog, and whatever else you could think of if you tried these in a normal sized pot!! I haven't done this because I want to see them "au natural". I'll make no selected breedings but I will keep the seeds seperate in storage. I'm very tempted to do one in a ten-twenty gallon scrog, but I'd need to buy a few thousand watts of HIDs.

I will say that my shorty in there looks like she'll have great bud structure and yield real nice with a bit of room and light.

Peace GP!

marquee.moon

I smoked this stuff in Laos. small, dense, sticky, black buds, quite different to anything else I've seen. Sharp, spicy woody taste. Really, really high, no ceiling. Very long lived & sociable. I had a bhang made from Laotian grass a days journey into the hills north of Luang prabang. Took it at 4 in afternoon and still had closed eye visuals when I went to bed at midnight. All smiles :)
best of luck.

inquest

Week 7

Week 7

Had to up pot or start feeding them all the time.

picture.php

A true (so far) boy!
picture.php

The most productive (so far) girl
picture.php

Hermi's :)
picture.php

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Hi, plaisir to see those divas... :peacock:
i would try 11/13 then slowly to 10/14 to reduce flowering tima... slight pinching... n' keep cool bro with nutriments... :D
Peace

sso

Veteran
aparantly the trick for sativas not to hermy.

is by growing them to maturity before flowering (till they reach alternating branches, not that long really, 1.5 months tops.)

my vietnamese sativa didnt hermy following those instructions and It came from bagseed :)

sso

Veteran
apparantly this hermying has to do with the solar calendar over there.

the plants have to breed, before the rainseason starts. (and probably all the humidity makes it more difficult for them (plus little wind)

but whatever the reasons, this is the nr 1 stated reason that ive read about (from long time sativa growers)

sativas need alternating branches before flowering.

inquest

Thanks for the input guys!!

Yes, I have them on a 10/14 schedule. Only got two hermi's out of 16 plants. Not too bad IMO. :) I have separated them from the others and plan to see what kind of things come from 'em. ;) Up untill the repot they were mostly pistilate but after that they are popping out many more stamens.

The productive female pictured I'm going to see if I can reverse part of her and let her pollenate another productive girl plus pollenate herself. I'd like to lock down that trait in a satalite line to the main Luang population.

Nice looking plant Mat!! Mind if I ask what your setup was/is and how was the smoke??

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
aparantly the trick for sativas not to hermy.

is by growing them to maturity before flowering (till they reach alternating branches, not that long really, 1.5 months tops.)

my vietnamese sativa didnt hermy following those instructions and It came from bagseed :)

:) Maybe bro, thx for the input. In absolute, sexuality of our plants is genetically determined, but with a phenotypic point of view, the sun or weather should be able to modify some enzymes as to produce more herma ... (?) I believe ...
So i think reduce 12/12 is a good option also, it depends on the objectives of the culture, if it is for breedin or smoking etc. ... Best for this kind of variety such as bro Maryruanamat said, 'start from cuttings to manage indoor those divas.

Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts