What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Luang Prabang

inquest

I haven't seen any grow reports on these guys anywhere, so I figured; what the hell!
Just so ya know, I grow indoor, under CFL's, 42 watts per foot, and in soil/compost. This is just a run to make seed with a known date of creation.
There will be zero selection, as I will evaluate the population at a later generation. Anyone who's stongly against hermi's, etc. being used for breeding: Kindly, keep it to yourselves. Thank you.

Luang Prabang from Gypsy Nirvana.
20 seeds planted/16 seeds germed.
Germed in 12oz cups.
10hr days from seed.
1 mutant with only one cotyledon and first leaves abnormal/second set seem fine.
Week #1:
picture.php

Cheers!

Edit: Week #2

-Very vigorous
-Lots of variation, large to medium serrations, short nodes to long, short stature to tall
-A few are sprouting "air roots" off the stem above the ground like some Ficus trees do
-New growth is yellowish darkening to a medium green (maybe producing more chlorophyl to utilize the MUCH lower light levels than what their parents had available??)

picture.php

picture.php

Edit: Crap, I guess we're limited to eight pics per post. :) There goes my plan to streamline this grow log....

freaks

Good luck !

I'm curious to see them....as you say not report of luang pradang....
i'm sure you will find very good parent for breed later ;)

Bless'

Guava

Oh yeah. I'll be watching this. Have a pack of these too.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Gano

looking forward to see you posts. I have a SE Asia landrace post where some seeds are also from Luang Prabang Laos. Also from far south Laos. the area is all wild grow and filled with seeds, god to go seed hunting, smoke is very high. it make tubing the river there very interesting.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
i too have read these can't get really tall... still on my wish list and will be an indoor plant for me most likely...

good luck :tiphat:

inquest

Hey Bushweed,
Yeah, I had talked to you and Kanga about the Luang ya'll grew a while back. I was a little bummed when Kanga said he didn't find a keeper, but felt better about 'em after he said they were some of the biggest plants he'd had that season. :) Love your avi, btw!

Thanks for checking in Freaks, Bush, Musta, Robert, Gano, Guava, Knuckle, and GP73!

GP,
I'd pick up a pack as soon as ya can. I had great germ rates out of these but the stock is just getting older.... Not too sure if he's actively breeding the strain (keeping it fresh) or just selling seeds he had collected. After my MeKong Haze failed to germ I thought I'd better get moving on the Luang... I should have boughten more than one pack but, money isn't free!

Thanks again, everyone!

p.s. Mods, please delete the duplicate thread. I dont know what happened with that?!?!

inquest

Oh yeah, I plan on updating post #1 with new pics and observations as they develope.

That should make it much easier to follow the Luangs progress. ;)

Edit:

Crap, post limits are screwing up these plans....

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
i really appreciate inquest doing this thread to prove this strain can be done indoors. if not i was gonna have to do it in the future. :D

i bet they are stretching already...

I worked this strain for a few seasons. These are MONSTER sativas that will bloom and stretch forever! Good luck with growing these under CFLs. I would not recommend it. Even if you were growing under HIDs I'd recommend putting those cuts into bloom ASAP. It takes about 6 weeks just to start to see flowers. There are certainly non-hermi plants in there. Actually most did not hermi. But with these being so close to "wild" stock I can understand the reports.

Again Good luck. I'll be checking in on this one.... In about two months ;)

Reckoner

Awesome, please keep us updated, I'm very excited to see those growing, should be chalenging ;)
good luck mate :tiphat:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Inquest wow what a surprise..I haven't seen this strain mentioned in a long long time. I grew it out a couple years ago..a few years ago. I only had 4 foot verticle space and trained the plants low. They stretched and stretched..flowered and flowered..but I did finish one plant and bred it. The smoke was average, very Sativa of course, sweet stcky airy buds. I didn't do it justice! I should have grown it outdoors in my greenhouse to give the plants a chance to fill out and mature. Good luck with your grow, I'll poke my head in every so often..DD

inquest

Ganjarishi: You're right these things grow like mad!! But, they are onder 10/14 from seed and 3 have shown to be girls as we speak. :)

Thanks Guava!

Reckoner: Yes, these will be a challenge! They are growing like crazy!

DD: Nice to see ya in here! Love your macro-photos!!

Well, on to week 4. Remember that water bottle from last week? lol

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Other than out growing my spot for them not too much else is going on atm. Stems smell nice and three have just shown pistils.

Thanks for checking in guys! Have a great weekend!

inquest

Latest posts

Latest posts