What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the Mexican Landraces Thread

garruman

I talk to Mojox, who give me Oaxacan seeds, and told me that

" son autenticas oaxaqueñas de San Jose del Pacifico en la selva sur creo de oaxaca, el tio que me llevo al poblado me dijo que esa persona cultiva en la selva desde hace mas de 40 años, deben ser las autenticas, salio una viejecilla de 80 años con tremendo porro en boca y amasando una bola del tamaño de una pelota de ping pong de hand hash,[] me regalo un paquete de unas 100 semillas de las que ella cultivaba, de ahi salieron las tuyas, no las trate ni reproduje"
My english is too poor for translate
_MG_2438.jpg

_MG_2440.jpg

M

michael68

i recently took a trip down to guerrero and have returned with some seeds. right now i have way too many plants growing and more coming (michoacan x chihuahua and lambsbread) that take priority...probably won't get around to growing these to next year some time...since im impatient.

now about the seeds...

they come from a ranch about 30min south of taxco... a silver town in guerrero.. they have skinnier leaves but not as skinny as thais or some of the oaxacans posted here..they seem to be very stable with mostly all plants similiar structure.. tall main branch with smaller side branches,,, i smoked some of the dried weed and it was a super mellow smoke kinda like taking a valium but not sleepy at all...i wouldn't say trippy but for sure got you thinking about life and whatnot...very good.... farmer said they cut late october but some some don't get cut till early november...i don't know if that is because of a differance of the actual time needed to ripen or because the field of pot was atleast a hectare and it just took a few weeks from start to finish....

no pics of the plants because to be honest i didn't feel comfortable busting out a camera.. although the hospitality of the family were worldclass..

and to all the people who have helped me out (you know who you are) ofcourse you are always welcome to what i have...
sould pretty interesting. what's the elevation like where they're grown?

I talk to Mojox, who give me Oaxacan seeds, and told me that

" son autenticas oaxaqueñas de San Jose del Pacifico en la selva sur creo de oaxaca, el tio que me llevo al poblado me dijo que esa persona cultiva en la selva desde hace mas de 40 años, deben ser las autenticas, salio una viejecilla de 80 años con tremendo porro en boca y amasando una bola del tamaño de una pelota de ping pong de hand hash,[] me regalo un paquete de unas 100 semillas de las que ella cultivaba, de ahi salieron las tuyas, no las trate ni reproduje"
My english is too poor for translate

these are authentic Oaxacans from San Jose del Pacifico, which is in the forest south of Oaxaca. I think the guy who took me to the village told me that the person has been growing in the jungle for more than 40 years, must be the authentic, saw an old lady of 80 years with tremendous joint in her mouth and kneading a ping pong ball sized ball of hand hash. she gifted me a pack of about 100 seeds from which this grew.. its like yours

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
This sounds very interesting, I would give them a try.
Although I have a full house right now with old seeds from Raco, (A few are commin up jeffe) and some Acapulco GoldxHighland Nepal, I think they are going to take up a lot of room. So it would not be right away with me, it would be in the future.
They do sound very nice though.

Mr. Alkaline

Your Changable Self is Constantly Becoming a Refle
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Niagara, Dr. GreenThumb...Week 5...a real head turner...

Niagara, Dr. GreenThumb...Week 5...a real head turner...

Sorry Gents, I thought I flipped the pic a second ago, guess not :blush:
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
L

lloy

HI beautiful plants evryone. I have grown multiple mexican commercial seeds. I would like to ask if any one has encountered a distinct carrot smell. I have had 2 plants have this trait. One was from a batch of regular in the states, and the other i obtained while on vacation in cancun mexico. The one from cancun is one of my favorite plants to grow and smoke, it has pink pistols in flower and smells like carrots throughout growth. It cures to a carrot smell with hazy undertones and the smell translates to the taste in a unique " fresh carrot" flavor. I would appreciate any input or information from people who have encountered this boutique . Thank You KEEP IT GREEN

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
HI beautiful plants evryone. I have grown multiple mexican commercial seeds. I would like to ask if any one has encountered a distinct carrot smell. I have had 2 plants have this trait. One was from a batch of regular in the states, and the other i obtained while on vacation in cancun mexico. The one from cancun is one of my favorite plants to grow and smoke, it has pink pistols in flower and smells like carrots throughout growth. It cures to a carrot smell with hazy undertones and the smell translates to the taste in a unique " fresh carrot" flavor. I would appreciate any input or information from people who have encountered this boutique . Thank You KEEP IT GREEN

came across the carrot smell in some african sativa ,
but also have seen it in other sativas unrelated ,, pops up now and then irrespective of type of sativa ,, many will show it ...

Cheerful

Heyyy Errrabuddy! Wow, I can't imagine how I missed out on the freebies, but I did. Anyway, what a wonderful thread this is! The more I read, and think, the more I'm convinced that Mexican landrace sativas are going to ring my bell! Saving up my pennies while I decide whose gear to get. Can't wait to read more posts in this thread! Have a good weekend everyone!

Peace n puffs :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts