What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DINAFEM?

BOZWELL

has anyone grown any dina fem strains, im looking at there deep sweet grapefruit and critical+ , i must say they sound tempting

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
I have popped several "unbelievable freebies" neither of the strains you listed, but what I have run was trouble free and more or less as advertised
Blue Widow, Moby Dick, Critical Jack, Cali Hash Plant, and Roadrunner 2
I'm sure I am missing one, I wasn't seriously impressed with either. Nor, was I disappointed.
I'm positive somewhere in Moby Dick are some good genetics, I'd buy a pack or three if I didn't have more seeds then I can ever grow now.
The RR2 auto was the fruitiest smelling auto I have run (haven' run alot)

I was told they had nice booth babes at Spannabis too, thats a plus

nickman

Veteran
i got a dinafem diesel freebie with my last attitude order...

it sprouted a few days ago so we shall see how it turns out ...
anyone have any experience with their diesel ...

sorry, not trying to hijack ...

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Beware of this bank and all the other knockouters from Spain... there is an great plague of this birdseed sellers nowadays due to the mild spanish cannabis laws, who just look for easy money and bussiness and make profit from the unregulated situation of the cannabussiness and the misinformation between most growers here. They just make knock off works from other classic strains, simple crosses of famous plants with fancy names (like CriticalXAK47, CriticalXJack Herer, WWidowXCritical, CriticalXNYCD and stuff that anyone can do at home and get seeds for ages for free!) and feminise famous spanish clones that you can get easy here. Sure you will get nice and potent plants, as so are the ones they use to make the seeds or S1s... but they are selling plumb at gold price! :moon:

It all started with the plague of the famous spanish Critical Mass clone, tons of seed sellers and grow shop owners started to make and sell S1s from them to make profit due to the fame between the growers of the cup winning plant. Also most of the "hazes" they claim to sell, are simply Jack Herer or Silver Haze selections and crosses, so you tell me! All is a big mess of the dutch strains from yesterday. All those seedbanks and the situation are the main causes of the bad spanish scene. Its funny because we have one of the best cannabis laws worldwide (at least until next year, because the government will probably change to a more conservative one!!), also we have some of the best breeders here and a fantastic weather to grow sativas and amazing plants... but the scene unfortunately isn't as good as it should be with all those great opportunities! Even the worldwilde known breeders from Canada, Holland and outside know and notice this situation! Sad shit! It's sad that our best breeders and seedbanks are barely known between the spanish growers while they're getting awards in ICMAG!!

Too much marketing and plain lies for a company just selling standard weed... there are much more reputed and real seedbanks in spain, like for example the recently awarded Cannabiogen, ACE Seeds, Mandala Seeds or Tropical Seeds Co. They all offer amazing strains, stable work and FAIR PRICE. For me, Dinafem=spanish Greenhouse. I don't get any profits from anyone but I need to share al the truth with the people, as I would love someone had previously done with me.

IMHO, you gotta be crazy to pay 70-100€ for those wacky F2s and S1s, believe me but your homemade F2 with your plants and clones are going to be as much or even better than any strain from them! Im sure your money will be better invested if you trust to a more reliable seedbank, and you will be more pleased too! So better stay off Dinafem, Sweet Seeds, Medical Seeds, Elite Seeds, Genetihk Seeds, etc...

If you just look for plain fast, potent and productive strains, maybe you'll end pretty satisfied thought. The sad thing is that due to the prohibitionist laws, the cannabis and comercial seedbank standards passed from quality strains, stability, highs with character and original stuff TO just boring remixed genes from the dutch genepool, simply offering a potent amount of THC and thick buds in record flowering times!!!

:wave:

P.S: Hey, if you are looking for Grapefruit and Critical Mass, how you don't get the Grapefruit from Female Seeds (one of the best/cheapest reliable feminised seedbanks around) and the Critical Mass from Mr Nice Seeds, the original breeders of the strain?? And also you get the legit stuff for a lower price!! You gotta be kidding bro, don't you even ask for opinion on that! ;)

I have lived 10 years in spain and i have to agree with Mustafunk 100percent.I ordered new filters and bulbs from a reliable company called Telegrow and when i went to look at what seed they sold on there webpage they have only 2 options automatic or fem they dont even sell regular seeds anymore HOW FUCKED UP IS THAT

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Crazy expensive too, a lot of their strains are in the region of £90 - £100 a 10pack..

tr1ck_

I was extremely disappointed in Dinafem Roadrunner2. It was easily the worst strain I have run yet, including all of the times I ran bagseed. The plant was not as fast as I expected for an autoflower. The nug looked 'decent' it smelled sort of fruity when it was growing, however as it got further into flowering the smell was replaced with a generic weak weed smell. The nugs ended up smelling more or less like hay (even with a proper 2 month cure) and had a very short, and not so potent high.

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
weren't they alot cheaper a few years ago? never bought any mine were all freebires. just wondering

Finepointcanon

Veteran
They're not "breeders" but they have some ok genes. I grew 2 powerkush freebies, (afghanxskunk1 x afghanxskunk1) both fems. One leaned way over to the Afghan side and finished in 8.5 wks, the other was skunk dominant and went 9.5, could have gone 10-10.5 depending on your preference.

The skunk dom plant yielded 5.5 oz in a 10 gal container under a 1000w hps with 12 weeks veg. The afghan plant yielded a little over 3. I couldn't really tell the difference between the two until like week 5 of flower. Really easy and somewhat aggressive.

The buzz is awesome from both... for about a week lol. Tolerance is a huge issue with these, at least for me, and I don't smoke outrageously. It's a nice, rushing but still sedative buzz, makes me smile.

Bottom line, I wouldn't give paper money for them.

Oh, and I've seen some crazy short flowering times reported with these, but I didn't find that in the two beans I popped. They "looked" done from about week 6.5 until I chopped, but they weren't.

Hippie420

agree decent but don't buy them buy something else on attitude thats better and get dinafem freebies and see how you like em

BOZWELL

cheers for the input fellas, il be going with paradise lucid bolt now
has paradise still got a good rep?

BOZWELL

Beware of this bank and all the other knockouters from Spain... there is an great plague of this birdseed sellers nowadays due to the mild spanish cannabis laws, who just look for easy money and bussiness and make profit from the unregulated situation of the cannabussiness and the misinformation between most growers here. They just make knock off works from other classic strains, simple crosses of famous plants with fancy names (like CriticalXAK47, CriticalXJack Herer, WWidowXCritical, CriticalXNYCD and stuff that anyone can do at home and get seeds for ages for free!) and feminise famous spanish clones that you can get easy here. Sure you will get nice and potent plants, as so are the ones they use to make the seeds or S1s... but they are selling plumb at gold price! :moon:

It all started with the plague of the famous spanish Critical Mass clone, tons of seed sellers and grow shop owners started to make and sell S1s from them to make profit due to the fame between the growers of the cup winning plant. Also most of the "hazes" they claim to sell, are simply Jack Herer or Silver Haze selections and crosses, so you tell me! All is a big mess of the dutch strains from yesterday. All those seedbanks and the situation are the main causes of the bad spanish scene. Its funny because we have one of the best cannabis laws worldwide (at least until next year, because the government will probably change to a more conservative one!!), also we have some of the best breeders here and a fantastic weather to grow sativas and amazing plants... but the scene unfortunately isn't as good as it should be with all those great opportunities! Even the worldwilde known breeders from Canada, Holland and outside know and notice this situation! Sad shit! It's sad that our best breeders and seedbanks are barely known between the spanish growers while they're getting awards in ICMAG!!

Too much marketing and plain lies for a company just selling standard weed... there are much more reputed and real seedbanks in spain, like for example the recently awarded Cannabiogen, ACE Seeds, Mandala Seeds or Tropical Seeds Co. They all offer amazing strains, stable work and FAIR PRICE. For me, Dinafem=spanish Greenhouse. I don't get any profits from anyone but I need to share al the truth with the people, as I would love someone had previously done with me.

IMHO, you gotta be crazy to pay 70-100€ for those wacky F2s and S1s, believe me but your homemade F2 with your plants and clones are going to be as much or even better than any strain from them! Im sure your money will be better invested if you trust to a more reliable seedbank, and you will be more pleased too! So better stay off Dinafem, Sweet Seeds, Medical Seeds, Elite Seeds, Genetihk Seeds, etc...

If you just look for plain fast, potent and productive strains, maybe you'll end pretty satisfied thought. The sad thing is that due to the prohibitionist laws, the cannabis and comercial seedbank standards passed from quality strains, stability, highs with character and original stuff TO just boring remixed genes from the dutch genepool, simply offering a potent amount of THC and thick buds in record flowering times!!!

P.S: Hey, if you are looking for Grapefruit and Critical Mass, how you don't get the Grapefruit from Female Seeds (one of the best/cheapest reliable feminised seedbanks around) and the Critical Mass from Mr Nice Seeds, the original breeders of the strain?? And also you get the legit stuff for a lower price!! You gotta be kidding bro, don't you even ask for opinion on that! ;)

ive grown every female seed strain mate and never been let down just looking to give anouther seed bank a try... a mate of mine has there iced grapefruit and it smells unreal,a thick berry citrus hash with hints of skunk,

RugerBaby

Autos are for pussies!
Veteran
Pancho Villa aka C4 aka Critical+ :D

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
I've grown many Dinafem freebies and i've enjoyed most of them.
One of my favorite strains is even from Dinafem, PowerKush, but i can't get why in such a small time their gear goes from cheap to expensive...sounds like a hype to me ;)
Thanks for the educated even if controversial input.

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
;)

My experience leads me to state that this is pure BS. Critical is Sensi's big bud that theyve reworked. I notice Dutchgrown is using everyone else's strains. Pick 10 breeders and at least 9 of them are using somebody elses work. 1/2 of every strain out there from any breeder contains skunk, norhtern lights and haze. NONe of which did the breeder develop so any suggestion that using someone elses work is shameful, then u had better llist every seed company in the business.

Im an outdoor grower and i need the stability and predictability of femmed seeds and many of the growers dont respond to my need. Dinafem does. MR.NICE? His strains are indoor with a dozen different pheno's- none of which will finish at my lat and nearly all are so disease prone and genetically weak that to find anything that would perform outdoors would be a pheno search. They just arent practicle in the outdoors at 38n.. His strians are crap for my growing needs. Indoors they are nice.

Ive grown 4 dinafem strains. People beat my door down for the Blue Hash. Its a massive yielder, average potency and finishes by the end of sept and has good mould resistance. Its very good commercial outdoor. Mr. Nice dont have a single strain that i know of that would be its equal. The hashplant does well and finsihes early. Its tough and vigorous. blue widow is decent.

dinafem gives its seeds away free Bozwell in hopes that you will grow them out. Its my view they wouldnt do that if the strains were crap. Theyre counting on the grower liking the results and comming back for more. Do you see mr. nice giving out seeds and encouraging folks to discover the quality of his strains? Ive grown several and i know why that is.

Im growing the Bhash again this year.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
My experience leads me to state that this is pure BS

Total bullshit? You are completely missing the point bro... firstly, i'm just talking about a fact that not only me, but all the serious spanish growers and also many breeders from everywere noticed from the spanish scene and all the birdseed merchands matter!

The only bullshit here is your claim that every seedbank is using other's works... Just to say a few lets start with Cannabiogen, Ace Seeds, Delicatessen Seeds, Tropical Seeds Co, Mandala Seeds... do you want more? None of those seedbanks has used fucking dutch or skunkman's genes on their plants, they collect landraces and work them as the first REAL breeders did in the 70-80s. Then Skunkman took his plants to Europe, and it was the end of the real breeding in commercial weed (of course there are real underground breeders everywhere, for the love of the plant I gotta say!), and the consequences are a poor genepool formed by just mixes and remixes of 3 o 4 classic strains, never heard that all the dutch weed tastes, highs and feels the same? Now due to the laws, Spain is becoming the new cannabussines center, even the Dutch seedbanks get their bulk feminised and auto seeds from here, as its cheaper and the market is changing. So better get informed... maybe it's you, this seem to annoy you, it's fucked up but its true man, you are wasting your money LOL. But hey bro, its OK if u just get comercial weed and get satisfied with it, so I wonder why you came here to deny facts you don't even know. And this is about the fact that this company isn't doing any real breeding work, which is what we are talking about. We all already know that comercial genepool is conformed of the classic IBLs and strains and nothing new on it.

Dinafem aren't breeders at all, they're just birdseed merchants. At least Shantibaba contributed to the scene and that claims comparing his strains to Dinafem's F2s and S1s just make me laugh man, honestly! Maybe you are ok with that and your standars are lower than others', but that's a fact. That's what they sell, they aren't even using others' works because in fact, they simply feminise seeds and cross plants (I even have my doubts about who makes the feminised seeds from them, as there are bulk seed companies that make all the seeds for most commercial seedbanks), no breeding or selection process at all. Of course they will give freebies outside spain, the need to get fame and possible buyers, as they just look for a profitable bussiness!

The problem with the cannascene today, is that people just don't give a damn about ethics and giving credit when credit is due. They are happy and satisfied as long as they get their huge potent buds in record times! And that's sad bro... I prefer getting unknown strains and knowing that the breeders are humble and honest and love the plant, rather than purchasing gold-priced-birdseed to get common weed and wasting my time to get nothing special (just huge potent frosty fast nugs, well ok! ;), but size and speed is not all that matters bro!).

Anyway, I have nothing to say... I think my messages were polite and quite clear for anyone to see some interesting facts. For me it's quite sad that the spanish strains that some people from outside know are Dinafem's shit when there are amazing breeders here and real connoiseur stuff which needs to be shared with all this plant lovers. Real recognize real. Period.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I notice Dutchgrown is using everyone else's strains.

The difference is that DG uses those genetics with the visto bueno(under authorization) of the original breeders...charlie garcia,Brothers Grimm etc ;)