What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Which Advanced Nutrients I should get?

ElSeñor

So I am gathering up my gear for growing some weed next fall and I am going to go with AN. Money is not issue if someone is trying to make me change to other company for this reason.

So I am going have Platinium Hydropro 60 with 4x11l pots filled up with hydrosoil and 600w digital ballast and it is switchable to 250w/400w/600w modes without changing the ballast and Lighthouse tent. I'm not going to run CO2 for various reasons. For plants I've been thinking of Pineapple Chunk, Trippy Gorilla or California Orange Bud. Trippy Gorilla is my choice number one at the moment and of course feminized.

So I have already decided to go with Connoisseur Grow and Bloom. I need to decide what are my additives for my upcoming plants. So please throw some additives that you guys think I would be benefitting from! I could buy all of the 13 additives, but someone told me not to go with all of them at first in case some problems appears because it would be difficult to correct because I would have many variables. To add here, I am semi-experienced grower and I have been trying Canna, BioBizz and Advanced​ Hydroponics. :tiphat:

YetiOG

If money isn't the issue, why you growing hydro?

Pay somone to build a soil for you.

:laughing:

Uh yeah I would skip the dirt myself. Gross. But totally hilarious though. Hydro for the win. Besides who pays someone to make dirt a crack head?

YetiOG

So I am gathering up my gear for growing some weed next fall and I am going to go with AN. Money is not issue if someone is trying to make me change to other company for this reason.

So I am going have Platinium Hydropro 60 with 4x11l pots filled up with hydrosoil and 600w digital ballast and it is switchable to 250w/400w/600w modes without changing the ballast and Lighthouse tent. I'm not going to run CO2 for various reasons. For plants I've been thinking of Pineapple Chunk, Trippy Gorilla or California Orange Bud. Trippy Gorilla is my choice number one at the moment and of course feminized.

So I have already decided to go with Connoisseur Grow and Bloom. I need to decide what are my additives for my upcoming plants. So please throw some additives that you guys think I would be benefitting from! I could buy all of the 13 additives, but someone told me not to go with all of them at first in case some problems appears because it would be difficult to correct because I would have many variables. To add here, I am semi-experienced grower and I have been trying Canna, BioBizz and Advanced​ Hydroponics. :tiphat:

OK so, AN is not that great. The adds or the food the stuff is ok but your money would be better spent on canna, or what I use green planet duel fuel. I used to use lots of adds and it worked well but took time to design it so everything worked proper together. Since moving to dual fuel I use the base food duel fuel, vitamin (was Aussie tonic but now renamed) and silica thats it and things are rolling along as well as they were using more.

It's not about how much you slam it its what you use. Canna line is great, house and garden is great, Green planet is great, AN is alot of marketing, silly pics on bottles its not my first choice. I have used their products and didn't really like them. They work but they aren't the best. They charge alot of money though to make people feel like its the best. Really its paying for marketing.

Oh and the PH perfect thing is nonsense, just so you know

packerfan79

Veteran
Do yourself a favor and don't use Advanced. They don't deserve your money, they are a marketing company that just happens to make nutrients.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Advanced doesn't make anything. They just buy private label. Their stuff is garbage.

If you insist on doing hydro (I wouldn't), google univ florida hydroponic tomato formula and use it....

EverLast

:2cents:Since AN are now manufactured in my country(Bulgaria) I had the option to have a chat with one of the company representative. The guy told that the conni line is designed with all the additives. So you dont have to give nothing extra.
I havent use the line yet so cannot give you my personal opinion.

I used the Sensi line with great results. The "Big Bud" does wonders also :)

Another nutrients that are also top notch are grotek from Canada.

Just my :2cents:

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
. To add here, I am semi-experienced grower and I have been trying Canna, BioBizz and Advanced​ Hydroponics. :tiphat:

Canna is all you need, I got guys hitting 30.3% THCA with just canna and good lights.

No hate on AN at all but the guys turning in the best lab tests are not using AN if that says anything. There could be people getting high tests with AN, but my own observations say otherwise..

The only AN additives thats endorsed by my friend that likes AN is Bud Ignitor and PH perfect.. Ive used AN in the past and it was ok.. hard to justify the price.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
AN.. best marketing big $$s for no big return... they are popular with the newbies (I did it back then)

JacksPro + Calcium.. buy it dry and mix yer own..

I've used AN and iv canna and many other nutrients there all expensive especially if its for a big crop but the key is to know what your plants need for the stage there at �� but if u defo want to use AN in the flower cycle I'd just at big bud for the start of flower and overdrive at the end.

B

bigganjabud

Imo spend the extra money making sure your environment is tip top all pgr loaded advanced is just over priced goop anyway man

starke

What toohigh said. Maxibloom at 7 grams a gallon. Have your Nike's on though or you will never catch you plants. Bigganja is dead on too. Your overall environment is the most important factor. Money spent making the environment the best it can be will pay bigger returns than overpriced nutes.

Last edited:

HereIgrowagain

I use canna. Grow in coco. Currently got an auto imitating a Giraffe, shes at 5ft2" now. If she don't stop soon ima gonna have to break her neck. Flowering just starting. I also add a couple of bits like chicken shit and kelp. But even without them canna will have you covered.:tiphat: