What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cookie fam releasing cuts?

Hello guys I just saw jigga415 on instagram recently post a video showing a new nursey set up where they said they are releasing offical cookie fame cuts! Anyone else see this? What is your reaction? I for one cant wait to cant my hands on some! Their gelatos are insane and sunset is some of the most medical stuff Ive tried. A few verified strains Ive tried are: animal cookies, gelato #45, bacio gelato, and recently sunset sherbert. I really like their genetics and hope this is happening sooner then later. In the video the nursery is seriously huge so may take awhile to get running. What do you think??

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I seriously doubt that Cookiefam is going to be using that entire facility. More than likely they'll be renting a section of that space in order to conduct that portion (clones) of their business.

There should be no surprise that this type of thing is happening, either. Have you seen the facility that Karma & crew are renting? It's fuckin huge! Acres under glass! And they're sharing it with several other growers.

Facilities such as these are only going to make it essier to access some of these very desired genetics.

Shit... Facilities such as these may be an attempt, yet again, to corner a market.
How?, you ask.
Well, for starters, I've seen a couple very popular breeders STOP making seeds available. By doing so a small void is created that, seemingly, needs filled. The void will more than likely be filled with breeder selected cuts to be released to the public instead of seeds.

nickman

Veteran
Do u have a link to the place Karma is renting out... I'd like to see it..

I'd b a little nervous with a bunch of different breeders renting out one big facility... what happens if pollen started flying by accidental pollination... I'm sure they have that part all figured out though...

I just know how that stuff can travel in the air...

Do u have a link to the place Karma is renting out... I'd like to see it..

I'd b a little nervous with a bunch of different breeders renting out one big facility... what happens if pollen started flying by accidental pollination... I'm sure they have that part all figured out though...

I just know how that stuff can travel in the air...

yeah cross pollination would be a worry for me - I read a story of a corn farmer who grew amazing corn but made sure everyone around him had the best corn as well so pollination would create better corn throughout the years - maybe same idea going on here? keep good genetics together and they get better? :p lol just thinking out loud

I seriously doubt that Cookiefam is going to be using that entire facility. More than likely they'll be renting a section of that space in order to conduct that portion (clones) of their business.

There should be no surprise that this type of thing is happening, either. Have you seen the facility that Karma & crew are renting? It's fuckin huge! Acres under glass! And they're sharing it with several other growers.

Facilities such as these are only going to make it essier to access some of these very desired genetics.

Shit... Facilities such as these may be an attempt, yet again, to corner a market.
How?, you ask.
Well, for starters, I've seen a couple very popular breeders STOP making seeds available. By doing so a small void is created that, seemingly, needs filled. The void will more than likely be filled with breeder selected cuts to be released to the public instead of seeds.

yeah the facility was really huge - I was quite impressed. I really enjoyed reading your post you seem really informed, I am new to the world of cannabis genetics.

I couldn't agree more on the void they are creating - I see them create a hype around their genetics as well, but they do make some pretty good stuff - not to say there isn't better out there.

Pretty smart - I see this blowing up in Cali right now because prop 64 just passed - it's almost impossible to get a clone from a dispensary right now, I am starting my own mothers now for that very reason.

sourkush

check @genefinderog on instagram to see the facility
i don't think karma is renting a part of it, i think the breeders just provide the seeds and taht guy is just phenohunting on a massive scale for them

would be very nice to see the cookie fam releasing cuts !

Ima go ahead and stick with seeds thank you!

I would love to run seeds - but sometimes it's nice to go pick out a cut of some nice stuff. For instance PCG popped 60 seeds of tangie and picked out a winner in a pretty nice facility. I would never be able to afford that - at least not while I'm in college lol so it's nice to pick up their winner for 10 bucks.

I feel the same way with the cookie cuts - I want theirs I could care less about the measly ten seeds I could afford lol.

Have you seen the gelato pheno hunts they did? They picked out some killer stuff!

What seeds do you like?? I like csi_humbolt if I could afford seeds I would go with him he is an amazing breeder.

although right now I am running my own clones from seeded mother plants :D - I can't get a clone anywhere where I live there are fucking lines at 4am for clones and they sell out to like the first ten people.... fucking hate prop 64 already

A friend of mine gave me two aloha grape stompers from gage green :D and a meat breath from gromer (thug pug) - excited for those!

check @genefinderog on instagram to see the facility
i don't think karma is renting a part of it, i think the breeders just provide the seeds and taht guy is just phenohunting on a massive scale for them

would be very nice to see the cookie fam releasing cuts !

I agree man I have tried various cuts from them and love them all - would love to grow em myself and have more of it! even if a lower quality although the cookies bagseed I ran a while back came out great!
I tend to do better with plants that don't grow as tall

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Genefinder is a old dutch friend. He was asked to join that operation as consultant and master grower.

That spot is not renting out.

I do selections there in high numbers. Then move all selected back to one of the breeding spots.

We popped 20.000 seeds first round for the winter selection. Harvest on them just started.
In end there where a few 1000 left of my strains from wich 10 best of every strain are kept. I will rerun them inside next.

Ps genefinder is only one i know capable of doing these size grows and produce top quality organic bud.

sourkush

this must be so nice to have so much choice. i'm sure the winners will be incredible
do u own that facility? or u share it with the other breeders? i've seen a few names, all good stuff

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
I dont own that. Neither does any other breeder. Ore is it rented out.

Its a rec production facility called sunday goods. From what i understand there product will be for wholesale to rec shops in arizona.

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
I just got offerd as much space as needed to do selections because there consultant and head gardener is my old dutch friend.

So i threw as much seeds as they let me he he.

We got a new pop coming. Its like a dream to be able to select from numbers like this. Can only imagine the work i can do with the selected p1 stock for future breeding.

sourkush

everybody's winning, they get free seeds and u get a huge pheno hunt done for you, that's nice
i'm surprised they not trying to have "exclusive" strains like any other big commercial producers would

i've read you'll be in cali for 420, so u can see your babies :) enjoy man

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I just got offerd as much space as needed to do selections because there consultant and head gardener is my old dutch friend.

We got a new pop coming. Its like a dream to be able to select from numbers like this. Can only imagine the work i can do with the selected p1 stock for future breeding.

There will be quite a few of us who are equally interested in this KG !

:tiphat:

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
Its sad i have no karma seeds in the stash after reading thru this im gonna be on the lookout for whats next bc with selection numbers like that fire is guaranteed thats impressive ..

Hi Karma G thanks for coming to this thread and clearing things up!
I really appreciate you taking the time - and I am very excited to see what you guys do with this project - Those are some massive numbers!
Takes a true master to be able to run a facility on this large of a scale and still provide top quality.

zoo

Karma those numbers are crazy. That is very exciting to read that you are able to do such a huge pheno hunt

I'm expecting big things from that. How often do you visit the site?

zoo

Just looked through the insta and m in awe of that facility. That dutch dude is a master grower. The overhead watering system is so cool

Karma those numbers are crazy. That is very exciting to read that you are able to do such a huge pheno hunt

I'm expecting big things from that. How often do you visit the site?

Thats what Im saying! I cant wait to see what they are able to do. I was in awe at that video as well 😂😂

Latest posts

Latest posts