What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

carbon dust safety?

ive recently been working on a new setup and have a quick question for everyone about carbon dust safety.

this is a general idea of the setup. the grow area is sealed other than the passive intake and outtakes. the lights are actually in the top chamber and shooting through sealed holes into the grow area.

i just don't know about how safe i feel having air go through the carbon filters and then through my electronics before being extracted through the fan.....seems like any carbon dust that happened to go airborne would potentially cause a fire hazard....

what do you guys think?

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Trying to decide whether or not you are serious.

If you are, then no, it will not ever be a problem.

kigy

You'd need a near perfect Air-Fuel ratio for ignition/combustion. Not happening.

Last edited:

troutman

Seed Whore
I haven't heard of any fires because of this yet.

I wouldn't worry much about anyone.

My carbon filter has a felt around it I guess to keep the house dust out of the filter and the carbon dust in.

Latest posts

Latest posts