What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grape Licorice Cookies (Special Bagseed)

Sport Farmer

Veteran
:respect:

Still want!

dank.Frank

:tiphat: I know, man! She's still with us!

I just popped the remaining 5 beans from that 2015 nugglet. I just tossed them all in rapid rooters soaked with some RO+Kelp water... Let's hope those babies pop on up! I looked at them through the magnifying glass before I buried them and they're very small seeds - pretty pale, but they have some slight striping to them and some nice veinage, so I'm hoping a few pop up.. shit at least one and I'd be happy. Temps are sitting at 73 right now, so It's the perfect storm if they really want to live in this world. :biggrin: I will update if and when they show up!

:tiphat:

Sport Farmer

Veteran
Thanks you, Frank! I appreciate it!

On another note, I have been digging around a bit looking at info and things out there and I ended up on the Platinum GSC thread (which I actually had not read before) and I couldn't help but notice how very similar that cut looks to the GLC. The leaf structure and coloring is almost identical, except that cut looks like the branches stretch out to the side more where as the GLC just shoots straight up everywhere in comparison... Now I'm wondering if the GLC actually came from the Platinum. It is the most similar looking in leaf shape/coloring and structure in the buds. The way people describe the platinum high is very similar to what the GLC feels like to me, as well. Does the platinum taste like original cookies? Any thoughts on that?

Sport Farmer

Veteran
Here's some photos for comparison to go with my above post.

Here's a photo showing the GLC fan leaf structure.

picture.php

Here's a photo showing the GLC's overall structure from a standard clone (not topped). Very bushy and the branches extend upwards and not outwards.

picture.php

Here's a cola shot from a small GLC plant (1 Gallon Pot) pollinated to the max.

picture.php

Hello everyone!

Well, at least that's what I'm calling her for now... :biggrin: The story goes like this. I was in the Bay Area doing some work and picked up a quarter of GSC from a friend. Got to the end of the bag and noticed a dime sized nug that had a seed popping out. So I started breaking it up and all these other beans started showing up. After it was all broke up, I ended up with 13 beans out that tiny little nug!!!! I couldn't believe that it had that many seeds. Very impressive! Someone must have pollinated it and forgot about it. No other nugs had beans.

Anyway, I decided to pop a couple of them and see what happens. The seeds looked a little premature, a bit pale, so I just picked the darkest two beans from the batch. Both sprouted in less in the 24 hours and grew very well and ended up being females!! One of them is a mutant of sorts and a bit more leafy, and gangly and just kinda strange. The buds seem to grow differently on each branch, but it smells pretty damn good. Very sweet smelling and the buds look pretty good now that some branches are swelling up. More of a chunky, foxtaily kinda of structure, with that girl scout cookies look mixed in. It's just not something I would probably keep around though. It doesn't have near the resin production and some of the buds look a little micro for the size of the branch. Its just a weird plant with strange characteristics.

BUT... the OTHER one is... my god... one of the best plants I've ever seen or grown and I've grown/seen my fair share of herbs in my time. This thing is covered in trics and smells like grape licorice. Just insane amounts of resin production from this plant. It is super hearty and just grows really, really well and has tons of bud sites. Its starting to turn purple on the tips of the flowers and around the edges of the leaves. A real dark and deep, rich purple. Almost black in some spots. Pictures don't really do it near the justice it deserves and its hard to see with the orangey lighting I took them under, but its there and I'm sure it will continue as it fully matures. Most of the leaves are still very dark green, so its still doing its thing. Looks like I might be another 10-15 days off and I'm guesstimating I'm at day 57 because I'm REALLY at day 67 from 12/12 but I didn't see any flowers for at least 21-22 days after the flip!! I don't think they were mature enough yet or this girl is just really slow. So I took off 10 days assuming it was still vegging and comparing mine to pictures of others at the same time. I don't know though, its a new girl so I don't know when she finishes, but shes a keeper and I will definitely let her go until she looks damn good and ready. Crazy good plant. Cant wait to sample the goods!!! I wish I knew someone to hand her off to and get her spread around. She's real dreamy.

Enjoy the pics and let me know what you think!! Thanks everyone!

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Haven't heard of this looks great and smell sounds great!