What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bodhi Seeds More Cowbell (GSC Forum x 88hp/g13)

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Whats up guys, I never grew or smoked any cookies, however, this is gonna change in a few weeks!

I got a pack of More Cowbell from Bodhi, popped 6 seeds. Currently at the end of week 1 of flower. All plants look very uniform with dark green fat leaves and fat stalks. The plant throws some 4 finger leafs during the first nodes of the secondary branches, which I think it's pretty sexy and cool! They are pretty stinky already, since the first week 1 you get a pretty good stink from the stem rub!

I still haven't sexed them, but hopefully I'll end up with at least 3 females, in which I'll pick a mother to keep around, after they reveg!

I'm growing all 6 in a 7 gallon fabric pot, filled with around 5 gallons of organic soil. They are under a Cree COB LED running around 37w. They were vegged around 3 weeks from seed and flipped around a week ago!

Week 1 Seedlings:
picture.php

Week 2 Veg, potted up:
picture.php

Week 3, vegging getting adapted to new container:
picture.php

Week 4.5 from seed, end of Week 1 flower:
picture.php

Closeup of 1 of them:
picture.php

Sorry, but for now there are no flowering pictures! Give me a few weeks! Still no sex shown on none of these. They are a bit crowded right now, but once males get eliminated we should have more space for the ladies!

Thanks for checking it out!

Peace BW!

B

BAKED_BEANZ

i,m hoping for nice things, have pack stashed away for next season

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I'm in for the duration 'cause this sounds like a cool cross. You sure have them packed in there though...

yocs

have you grown like this before, if so how'd they turn out. Never seen so many in one container. Might be a good technique for someone pheno huntn with limited space.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
have you grown like this before, if so how'd they turn out. Never seen so many in one container. Might be a good technique for someone pheno huntn with limited space.

As long as you flower early. I see this being a problem quick without some culling. They will all be crowding each other before they even start to show sex. I hate to nay say because I want to see these flowered out. Just food for thought.

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Hey guys, welcome! :)

yocs, no, never tried this method, but like you said, trying to do a pheno hunt in a small space... its my first time. theres only one way to find out how good it is, and I'm doing it right now :) Hopefully in 2 months we can say if it was a success or not. And yeah, plan is to cull males as soon as they show some balls.

So far only 1 plant showed sex, the one on the closeup shot, a very nice male IMO. I trimmed most of the fan leaves and branches that were blocking light from other plants and pulled to the side. Will let him in there for a few more days so I can collect some pollen... These were vegged for about a month from seed germination.

I might consider defoliating a bit soon, these fan leafs are fkn gigantic, and block most of the light. we'll c how things turn out. I'm hoping to have at least another 2 males, so we can have enough space for the ladies. I will be training them as much as possible, and tucking fan leaves under the canopy to help as well!

I've grown a bunch of plants in a pot like that & it works well if flowered really soon - like almost no Veg or none at all.

Cut out the males, defan the leaves that block light to other plants or bud sites.

It can turn out good...

It's kinda hard to tell if that is a male just from that one sex organ, I'd wait a little longer to be sure.

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Defoliated a bit, and chopped 1 male, left 2 males in, but heavily defoliated them, just left the tops, which will be chopped in another week or two, in order to collect some pollen!

Here we are at day 14 of 12/12, things coming along great! I vegged these for 3 weeks. Yesterday I did some more LST and opened the canopy a bit more! Light is penetrating much better to lowers now. I also pulled a few of the big fan leafs that were blocking most of the light

picture.php

Peace BW! :tiphat:

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
GoonSaibot, thanks man, Im not good at describing smells, but it smelled pretty strong since Veg. kinda musky skanky smell.

Flowers are jsut starting to form, we are on day 28 of 12/12, things started slow but are picking up now!

picture.php

Peace bw!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
ForTheLove, Thanks for the positive vibes broda! :tiphat:

johnsonbulldog, thanks man, ill try to keep yall updated as much as possible!

Peace!

Latest posts

Latest posts