What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

outdoor in Scotland ??

thanks troops, been visitin sites, lost a whole plant to mould /rot shame but live and learn maybe some preventative measures next season on a happier note here is 1 purple number

00321.jpg

good luck all the scottish gg ers lets hope for a dry few weeks

rocket high

Veteran
Very nice Weegie .....It looks like a native plant .... i doubt i would recognize that if i walked by it... as the colour's look very autumn'y....very good camo ;)

heres some of my pics from yesterday

I added some lime last week as well as slow release ferts and a foliar feed.Its done the trick some have gained a good bit of colour back into them which im glad to see ... some haven't shown sex yet and some have turned out to be males ...sadly
But the GG x Danish passion never let me down once this season even when waterlogged ... its as tough as old boots and smells amazing.

heres the pics.

JGP

Nice updates guys :)

Weedgi nice plant, what strain is it?

Rocket goodshow man, looks like you got nice selection to smoke.Are you seeding any strains out, if so which ones?

rocket high

Veteran
My main aim is to get F3 GG X Danish passion seeds as they seem the best of the bunch at the mo also the big male GPXDP has been chopped as he's done the biz with the fastest flowering female. My other strains that didnt make it this year are going to get another shot next year with deer defenses from the off ..i dont want another ganja massacre so early in the season lol

Is that a HFH Scottish ...Weegie?

JGP

GG x DP does look like a winner, when do you expect her to finish? I'm looking for bulletproof strains for nextyears efforts.

I don't wanna see no massacres either going to be better prepared next year to lol

rocket high

Veteran
Looks like the GGXDP will finish mid to late October JGP ... the rest dont look like they will get the chance to finish at all...time will tell.
Horrible weather today ..makes for moldy buds.
Give us sun plz.

JGP

I'm suprised that only a few will finish m8, I thought most of them were early strains... anyways goodluck with them and hope the sun comes out real soon.

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
Much respect for you all growing in such harsh conditions :yes:
Imho you'd better concentrate on 100% autoflowering strains selectively breeding for mold resistance and good potency/yield.
Another option is light dep very early...

GL!

=K

RudeDog

Veteran
Labour of love for you boys up there in bonnie Scotland...Big up. This year has been crap down here so fair play for persevering.

Got to agree with Krull....Super-autos perhaps?

JGP

IMO autos are a waste of time as they ain't cheap, mould really easily, yield piss poor, are low potency and you can't clone them, don't get me wrong there ok for a quick smoke but investing time and effort preparing OD plots for them is a waste of time.Why bother digging holes for dwarfs when you could stick a proper plant in there and get a far greater end result.Bad advice in my opinion....

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
Auto harvest is better than missed 'proper' harvest, just my opinion.
Also i'm suggesting non-fem seeds (>tons of seeds in very short time) and breeding to improve OD performance. And yes, you can stick with 'proper' plants too, playing with af plants dont make you a traitor :D

Peace

=K

Hoots

Been quite impressed with how some poorly begun lowriders did in the garden. No proper yield, though if treated better at the beginning I think they would do quite well and its nice to be smoking a little fresh something while waiting for the main grow to finish.

Quite good fun running around with them in pots getting the best of the sun and being small enough to hide out the way easily enough.

Not the same as full grown plants though, even if they struggle to finish its great to see them grow.

I have noticed that my typhoons are at least a month behind Scandinavian grows and some of those further north than me!

JGP

I have noticed that my typhoons are at least a month behind Scandinavian grows and some of those further north than me!

I think this it to do with our climate, we get a lot more damp rainy weather than the Scandinavians and in most years we get a lot less sun hours aswell as lower temps, this IMO slows down flowering.

C

COOKIE MONSTER

Looks like you guys are going to get the brunt of the storm, extra staking of your plants is gonna be needed I fear :(

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/311309

However it has suddenly changed direction out in the Atlantic and moving at pace towards Scotland. Katia currently has sustained wind speeds of around 85mph with gusts up to 110mph. Its projected path, which suddenly changed from a westerly heading to a north-easterly, puts it on a direct path with Scotland. The hurricane will lose some intensity as it heads over slightly cooler waters of the North Atlantic ocean but will still be packing strong winds and heavy rain.
Hurricane Katia's path will see it continue to blow severe gales in excess of 85mph until its close proximity to Scotland at the beginning of the week.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/311309#ixzz1XOgRxmXa

rocket high

Veteran
I think this it to do with our climate, we get a lot more damp rainy weather than the Scandinavians and in most years we get a lot less sun hours aswell as lower temps, this IMO slows down flowering.

Thats true JGP ... our conditions aint good for nordic genetics or auto's for that matter ..we dont get enough sun to grow top OD plants.

Oh no Cookie ...just as i thought things couldn't get any worse... a bloody storm is coming. its gonna totally ruin my crap grow LOL

my plants are pretty small so i hope(pray) the wind goes over them.

all the best peeps ;)

Last edited:

Hoots

Looks like you guys are going to get the brunt of the storm, extra staking of your plants is gonna be needed I fear :(

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/311309

However it has suddenly changed direction out in the Atlantic and moving at pace towards Scotland. Katia currently has sustained wind speeds of around 85mph with gusts up to 110mph. Its projected path, which suddenly changed from a westerly heading to a north-easterly, puts it on a direct path with Scotland. The hurricane will lose some intensity as it heads over slightly cooler waters of the North Atlantic ocean but will still be packing strong winds and heavy rain.
Hurricane Katia's path will see it continue to blow severe gales in excess of 85mph until its close proximity to Scotland at the beginning of the week.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/311309#ixzz1XOgRxmXa

FUCK!!!!

rocket high

Veteran
Yep the wind is wild over here .... but when i was down at the plots the wind wasn't so bad so i built a few wind deflectors with branches ...seems to work quite well.

The slugs are back so ive had to put down more pellets... i found 2 on the plants so i wasn't happy about but they havent bothered the plants for a month but they must be hungry now for some reason.

I found another 4 males so they've been chopped ...ive barely any left now.

My GGXDP PHENO1 had a bit of bud rot but i sort of expected that as she has a real tight bud structure ... PHENO2 on the other hand is a bit looser with no bud rot so im happy with that ... my only Thredra is looking real good and its a female thank god, i love the big leafs on her and the overall structure. My EG/MMXGG x ERD/PURT is a purple male and looks very handsome standing at 1.5 meters tall shame it wasnt a female.

the rest are just starting to bud ,,,, heres the pics.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

There's more in my outdoor 2011 album if you want a look i couldnt fit them all in one post
sorry for the out of focus shots the wind was playing havoc with the plants lol :biggrin: