What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Cannabis Growing Guide - All that you need to know to get started

DemonTrich

Veteran
kodiak,
thank you so much for the thread.TONS and TONS of very usefull info. new grower and i can use all the help i can get. dual tents with 600watt a/c hoods :D and legal

bud88

AMAZING GUIDE MAN, YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY NEW GROWERS USE THIS GUIDE, THIS IS BETTER THAN THE GROWERS BIBLE! THANKS

Born-on-420

So Much Good Info

So Much Good Info

Really! this is a lot of great info, my guru’s have missed some of these finer points, I’ve booked marked this page!

Great post!

born-on-420

Kodiak

Mad Scientist
Veteran
Hi guys

I'm glad you liked the guide.

Keep up the good work.

I will check in but not very often, so try to help each other out on this thread by answering questions and providing information.

Keep it green

-Kodiak-

hestah

Thanks for this immensely valuable guide! As a newb grower this among a few others are now subscribed and will be read many more times.

DeFiyah Mon

Great work and thanks Kodiak. Gonna cut my teeth outdoors at 18.33 degrees N. Absorbed plenty for a novice( about 2% lol). Some local know mixed with ICM and I'm gonna Grow up!
Gonna need a cloning shed! I've noticed the lack of cloning amongest mi farma bredren.
Any strain suggestions for my latitude and experience level. Thx

djvai

thanks for the advise - I'm a newbie at growing - been some interesting reading - however quite overwhelming the amount of information that is available in this forum - great place to learn.

Need to find "The One".

D

zeke99

IMO, the inclusion of this photograph in the guide is a net negative. Thinking about inexperienced growers visiting this thread, it's highly likely that they're going to assume that a multitude of expensive, bottled "nutes" and "boosters" are necessary tools.

jeff62

Kodiak, both your posts were great easy to understand reading. I was wondering what kind of kelp you used on your indoor plants? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks again jeffc

funkadellic19

So, I've read this entire post a bunch of times. I've also read through many of the texts available for beginning grows. I've collected seeds from friends, mostly old, that I've tried to germinate without success. Let's see... I've..
-soaked them in water... nothing
-put them between moist paper towels... nothing
-soaked them and put them between paper towels and gently heated them on top of my cable box... nothing
-tried gibberellic acid, got one to pop, but by the time the tap root grew to >2 mm it turned slightly brown and did nothing when placed into soil
-chipped the seed coat and soaked in gibberellic acid... waiting to see what happens.

Should I assume that the seeds are simply of poor quality and old (useless) or should I try something else?

Opinions are welcome. Of course, I'm new to all of this and I don't expect to get fantastic results the first time, but figured I'd see a seedling by now.. Lol....

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
funka, sounds like the seeds are old, and when they are too old, it is problematic to get them to germinate. could also be they were not stored properly.

try to find fresh seeds.

if you just plant fresh seeds directly into a light soil, and the soil is kept lightly wet, they will sprout no problem. you can also put fresh seeds in a glass of clean water and the seeds should crack between 24-36 hours, after which you must transplant to a proper medium.

keep in mind that for the germination to happen, the ideal temperatures will be between 22 and 27 Celsius degrees. the seeds can germinate under 22 and over 27, but are not ideal temps...

good luck!

Latest posts

Latest posts