What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nilsson's garden: Hawaiian snow Hawaiiana Thai chi destroyer + broadleaf black congo

Red October

Chopped of an arm from one of the Thai chi plants as I thought it had dry rot but turned out to be a caterpillar sitting comfortably inside the bud munching away. This did however give me a decent sized section to smoke and try the Thai chi out properly and I'm sad to say I didn't enjoy it much.

Initial effects where nice but it quickly developed into a almost benign feeling, like taking antidepressants and not being happy? It's quite strange and the first time I've experienced this specific effect from weed, it keeps you focused and doesn't make you fall asleep but managed to suck all the joy out of me. Really hoping one of the other plants is more to my liking but right now I'm happier smoking the leaves off the destroyer plants tbh.

Red October

Some pics of the leaves on one of my destroyer plants, very wide leaves and heavy purple stems.

Either it could be a northern highland Thai pheno or pollen from another source, going to be many months before I find out but after the Thai chi disappointment I'm hoping it's something positive.

And a complimentary Pic of my cat:)

Attachments

• IMG_20210103_183826.jpg
    IMG_20210103_183826.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20210103_184057.jpg
    IMG_20210103_184057.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20210103_184122.jpg
    IMG_20210103_184122.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20210103_184140.jpg
    IMG_20210103_184140.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 23

Red October

This is one of the silver buddah haze plants, I have really large hands and these are some fatty fat leaves for a 70% sativa

Attachments

• IMG_20210107_185957.jpg
    IMG_20210107_185957.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 20

Wolverine97

Veteran
That's weird about the destroyer. When I grew it years back, every single seed plant grew like a clone. Perfectly even node spacing on all plants, leaves all exactly alike and very NLD type, every visible trait. It was uncanny, the most consistent seed line I have run (though I did not see them through to the finish for... reasons). Seems like maybe they've lost one of the parent stock and have reworked the line. Did you buy breeder packs?

Last edited:

Red October

That's weird about the destroyer. When I grew it years back, every single seed plant grew like a clone. Perfectly even node spacing on all plants, leaves all exactly alike and very NLD type, every visible trait. It was uncanny, the most consistent seed line I have run (though I did not see them through to the finish for... reasons). Seems like maybe they've lost one of the parent stock and have reworked the line. Did you buy breeder packs?
from what I've read the original parent stock was lost during a raids before 2011 but the original male they only used once at the start of the project along with 9 meao Thai females, they carried on the breeding project and currently the selection still uses different females between an f3 - f6 generations along with a meao Thai male that is now maintained. So I'm hoping the large variance I'm seeing in this pack is due to luck of the draw as they still use multiple females to keep a larger gene pool going on the line.

From a couple of other posts I read they do use at least 1 female highland Thai pheno, which is what I'm hoping this one is, as the genetics from the Chinese side are said to be quite inbred into a lot of the highland Thai varieties and should hold indica genetics from the Chinese yunnan, I'm also growing Thai chi from ace seeds which also holds Chinese yunnan genetics and I can definitely see the similarities with leaf structure between the two, it's different from Afghani leaf structure but still wide leafed. It's either this or quite possibly a random bit of pollen from different genetics but plant structure and internodal spacing are the same as the other destroyer plants I have going now, the others are more nld as well but I'm seeing a wide phenotype variation between them too.

There was another recent destroyer thread done by Mike and all his plants like you said where very similar in looks and structure so I'm hoping for the best with these but it'll be a while before I find out. I have 1 male that I'm pretty convinced is one of those heavy Thai string phenos, the first time I sampled him he basically sent me to sleep, which was not what I was expecting but realized after sampling him a few more times it was caused by a literal over stimulation of my senses. I've called him Mr itchy now because he makes your entire body tingle and the slightest breeze against your hairs makes them all stand on end, after a while of this sensation you just start getting itchy because of the constant skin tingles:biggrin:

I really hope they haven't started changing parent plants around again without at least saying something about it in the description, and there isn't anyone to ask as Charlie Garcia hasn't been on the forums for years now, but I am hopeful as I always wanted to grow destroyer and mists of destruction .

Red October

yeah it can be nice and tasty. but effect will be short lasting one probably..
seems to be an accepted trend nowadays, the short lasting effects just cause people to smoke more frequently effectively turning it into a high use consumer product that just slows you down.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
that is price for short flowering stuff. to breed short flowering stuff with long lasting high is pretty hard. there are some though. but it is not dutch passion DP :D unfortunately.

Wild Seed

If it were straight DP Durban Poison, expect a very short effect indeed. Have smoked 4 phenos of it and cannot honestly say I felt much if any effect. Some unique terps among them for sure, fast finishers too (with some semi-auto), but nil effect. Should probably make a smoke report (or mostly a smell report) elsewhere.

Hopefully they used a good cut, and the Pineapple Skunk should add some punch.

Looking good Red

Red October

Thanks man, yeah i was hoping for that but with the heavy auto flowering tendencies I'm not sure what these guys are cooking up.

Got some decent looking durban poison lines from a few guys down here, hopefully something good comes out of them and I can share them out, still trying to find good transkei and Lesotho lines but haven't found anything that looks proper yet.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran

Got some decent looking durban poison lines from a few guys down here, hopefully something good comes out of them and I can share them out, still trying to find good transkei and Lesotho lines but haven't found anything that looks proper yet.

very curious about it. it is seeds from the weed sold in town? or straight from farmers?

Wolverine97

Veteran
from what I've read the original parent stock was lost during a raids before 2011 but the original male they only used once at the start of the project along with 9 meao Thai females, they carried on the breeding project and currently the selection still uses different females between an f3 - f6 generations along with a meao Thai male that is now maintained. So I'm hoping the large variance I'm seeing in this pack is due to luck of the draw as they still use multiple females to keep a larger gene pool going on the line.

From a couple of other posts I read they do use at least 1 female highland Thai pheno, which is what I'm hoping this one is, as the genetics from the Chinese side are said to be quite inbred into a lot of the highland Thai varieties and should hold indica genetics from the Chinese yunnan, I'm also growing Thai chi from ace seeds which also holds Chinese yunnan genetics and I can definitely see the similarities with leaf structure between the two, it's different from Afghani leaf structure but still wide leafed. It's either this or quite possibly a random bit of pollen from different genetics but plant structure and internodal spacing are the same as the other destroyer plants I have going now, the others are more nld as well but I'm seeing a wide phenotype variation between them too.

There was another recent destroyer thread done by Mike and all his plants like you said where very similar in looks and structure so I'm hoping for the best with these but it'll be a while before I find out. I have 1 male that I'm pretty convinced is one of those heavy Thai string phenos, the first time I sampled him he basically sent me to sleep, which was not what I was expecting but realized after sampling him a few more times it was caused by a literal over stimulation of my senses. I've called him Mr itchy now because he makes your entire body tingle and the slightest breeze against your hairs makes them all stand on end, after a while of this sensation you just start getting itchy because of the constant skin tingles:biggrin:

I really hope they haven't started changing parent plants around again without at least saying something about it in the description, and there isn't anyone to ask as Charlie Garcia hasn't been on the forums for years now, but I am hopeful as I always wanted to grow destroyer and mists of destruction .

When I say mine were identical, I mean exactly identical, like clones that were cut/grown absolutely perfectly with zero discernible difference between them. In any case, I wish you luck. I had been considering grabbing another pack this past year, but this gives me second thoughts.

Red October

When I say mine were identical, I mean exactly identical, like clones that were cut/grown absolutely perfectly with zero discernible difference between them. In any case, I wish you luck. I had been considering grabbing another pack this past year, but this gives me second thoughts.
Did you grow the fems or the regulars?

Red October

First Thai chi to get the chop, some nice sets of nanners sprouting out, was going to pull this set off and let her finish until I spotted the others. The other 4 all have slight pm.

Attachments

• IMG_20210112_181354.jpg
    IMG_20210112_181354.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts