What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nilsson's garden: Hawaiian snow Hawaiiana Thai chi destroyer + broadleaf black congo

Red October

So the broadleaf Congo plants turned out to be a auto flowering variety, a bit sad but not surprised. The first grow I finished now half of them also turned out to be autoflowering or Hermies, all where from small south African producers and some smell really good but they have no potency or legs to them. The Congo seeds sounded like bullshit and so far have turned out to be just that, I've got two females that I'll let finish flowering but this opens up some extra space for me to start some more seeds.

I'm thinking maybe the banana sativa seeds I have supposed to be a sativa pheno of the ogers line from holy smoke seeds?

Last edited:

Red October

The destroyers and remaining Hawaiian snow have had it very hard, planted them into soil that was way to dense, they didn't like having their feet wet and that along with slight poisoning due to me being overzealous trying to keep the spider mites at bay, they occur naturally in my garden so this is going to be an ongoing battle but they are starting to turn the corner a week after being replanted and having most of their roots removed. That Hawaiian snow is a frekn trooper but the magenta hued destroyer I really hope will be a boy, the colours don't come through as vivid on the pics unfortunately but I am very surprised at the amount of colouration on this seedling as I thought colours would only be visible once they were in flower, there's an old thread in the Spanish section where the guy has a purple pheno but there was no colouring on the leaves until flower but it had the same blood red stem as mine, what I find quite interesting is that he also states the purple one has a more introspective high than the lime green ones and this theme seems to pull through on purple purple sativa varieties like old timers haze and Tom hills haze so I'm not sure if the colouration comes from the Columbian side or the meao thai side, the question of purple Zacatecas relation to the purple Columbian/Mexican phenos bothers me a bit as it doesn't make sense that there would have been a pure purple strain throughout its offspring, I can only imagine that they would have been specific highly prized phenos they got out of the strain they were growing. I don't have much to go on as far as smoke reports go for purple Zacatecasbut the spiritual high could be from the more introspective part of the high displayed by all these different varieties producing purple phenos, I can't wait to see how the seedling progresses.

Landed up planting the banana sativa seeds and have 5 popped above ground

Attachments

• IMG_20201026_163032.jpg
    IMG_20201026_163032.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20201026_162112.jpg
    IMG_20201026_162112.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I am curious about that hawaiiana, sounds good. if it gives what you would expect from hawaiian, tropical fruit taste and aloha high, then it is winner. let see :D good luck with it.

Red October

I am curious about that hawaiiana, sounds good. if it gives what you would expect from hawaiian, tropical fruit taste and aloha high, then it is winner. let see :D good luck with it.
thanks man, the more sativa one has a nice fruity stem smell, kinda citrus mango-ish so I'm hoping for the best. Hopefully I get a few cuttings from this lot that can get me over my current resistance levels and keep giving long-term.

Last edited:

Red October

Made quite a few mistakes, was having very bad RO issues and I took long to notice it. Tried to make a compost tea and there was soooo much silt in it that my soil in the containers became like bricks. Thought I was being smart with the compost tea but it bit me so hard that it's set me back weeks

Basically I had to softly wash the sand off the roots and replanted them in one of those pro mix soils and I'm very pleased with how quickly they recovered and started getting good color again.

The Thai chi, purple Thai and Hawaiiana will go into flower end of next week so I have 10 slots opening in my tent and 10 slots for my outdoor in the ground area but it's seriously struggling to decide what to pop from what I have on hand. I was planning on doing Y Griega and Neville's haze outdoors but they were out of stock through my local importer.

Medical seeds: 1024 3 X fem
GHS: Hawaiian snow 5 X fem
Tropical seeds: King Congo 10 X reg
Mandala Seeds: Satori 10 X reg
Ace Seeds: Bangi Haze 10 X reg
RD: Ghost Train Haze #1 12 X reg
Ripper seeds: Acid Dough 3 X fem
Sweet seeds: Jack 47 3 X fem
Sumo: Silver Buddha Haze 3 X fem

Last edited:

Red October

So I landed up going with these, I need to get the Hawaiian snow out of the way and wanted to compare it to the 1024, now I just need to decide which will stay in pots and which will go into the ground.

Considering the outdoor plants will be the bulk of my smoke I better choose wisely.

Medical seeds: 1024 3 X fem
GHS: Hawaiian snow 5 X fem
Ripper seeds: Acid Dough 3 X fem
Sweet seeds: Jack 47 4 X fem
Sumo: Silver Buddha Haze 3 X fem

Red October

Thought I should add a photo at least, very happy with the structure of the sativa Hawaiiana and Thai chi plants. The purple Thai shows alot more of a wide leaf side, seems consistent from other purple Thai pics I've seen.

Got set back many weeks with the soil and RO issues, happy they are back on track now.

Attachments

• IMG_20201118_182655.jpg
    IMG_20201118_182655.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 20

Red October

Just for everyone to have a laugh that might read this and to show off how badly things went, the destroyer plants just started showing preflowers. This is the smallest destroyer to show flowers and these where from seed about 11cm high to the growing tip:) so if anyone wants some tips on how to keep destroyer plants small I can lead you down the way of almost killing em but keeping em small;)

Attachments

• IMG_20201120_174957.jpg
    IMG_20201120_174957.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 23

sbeanonnamellow

First plants I started years ago was the most hodge podge of a garden ever. Had a blueberry plant that was about the size of your modest destroyer and it produced maybe a couple grams at most of bud.

To this day it's still one of my most cherished tokes. Tasted delicious, extremely resinous, and guessing because of the scarcity it has been a cherished memory ever since. Thanks for the reminder of that.

Mostly came here to comment about a post you made a few up, about the purple types. I'm guessing it's from the Colombian but that's just a guess.

As for the Mexican used in the Destroyer cross, I'm not certain but I've read it's a Michoacan- Lemon Verde. Someone casually mentioned it on one of the forums, iir here on IC. Additionally, on the Cannabiogen forum under the Destroyer topic the very first (oldest) thread is about Michoacan- Lemon Verde.

Not sure if it helps or only adds to the confusion but you're growing some stuff that is appealing to me. Hawaiian Snow and Destroyer those thai genetics! Good stuff thanks for sharing your experiences. I'd like to work a bunch of stuff and when it gets to a point I feel good about, cross everything to the Destroyer line and see what happens. From what I've read, it's a great line. Much love

Red October

Thanks man, yeah I screwed the pooch a bit while starting up again and trying new things out, I've learnt the hard way what my mistakes where so that's always a good thing. I didn't loose any plants at least but if took ages to get them growing again. That Hawaiian snow plant is pretty much indestructible.

So the heavy purple stemmed one as far I can tell is definitely leaning heavy Columbian. Leaves are noticeably darker and wider than the rest of the plants, just waiting for them to have a bit more new growth after topping them before putting them into flower and I'll take some pics when their differences start showing stronger.

The lemon Verde ones are supposed to be quite easily discernable from appearance and growth structure but it is very hard for me as I don't have experience with these varieties and they are still technically young;) but I will keep decent documentation incase it helps someone in the future. The Columbian was either Columbian black or Columbian wacky weed from what I've read and I've seen a few pics of purple females and they do look very cool, suppose I should be happy it turned out to be a lady.

Red October

So the purple one seems to me like it's being caused by sunburn almost? the stems that are most exposed to direct sunlight are the ones that are being most affected. The veins underneath the leaves also seem to be diffusing the purple pigmentation to the actual leaves. It could be flex points because of the wind we are having and it's bleeding out into the surrounding tissue.

It's had slightly purple and blue plants before because of temps but I'm not familiar with this, could very well be contamination pollination from something else.

I'm nearly complete with my "outbuilding" and hopefully the female destroyers will be in the ground by this weekend, the wind has been horrendous this year.

Attachments

• IMG_20201127_173716.jpg
    IMG_20201127_173716.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20201127_173627.jpg
    IMG_20201127_173627.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20201127_175559.jpg
    IMG_20201127_175559.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Red October

Nearing completion on the outdoor section, I was at least smart enough to build it in a way that the top is removable so on good days when there's not much wind I can pull it back and it also gives me easy access to the plants on the raised benches without having to go inside as I figured this was going to become a problem once the plants going into the ground got too big. Really pleased how this turned out but it was a backbreaking experience to say the least.

Attachments

• IMG_20201130_065711.jpg
    IMG_20201130_065711.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 24

Red October

Thinking I'm going to try and wing a scrog setup, I realize I put 1 too many plants in my allotted growing are and I've been trying to work out how I'm going to make this work.

Got a good three months of veg left but need to figure out what height to set the plants at, the destroyers look like they can stretch alot and fill up nicely.

Need to figure out if they will still do a 300% stretch in scrog or what the variables are with these plants.

At least with the pruning I'll be able to give some cuts away to guys that are interested down here, no one seems to care much for anything other than kush and cookies locally.

Red October

Some lovely mid summer flowering, this is the first day in weeks that the wind hasn't been blowing and everyone seems to be happy finally;)

Attachments

• IMG_20201206_132117.jpg
    IMG_20201206_132117.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 28

Red October

they look well happy red october :wave:
thanks man, made some bad soil choices in the beginning and it took ages to get them to this point, I'm definitely going to run out of stash before any of these come down:shucks: hard lessons are the ones you never forget and I've learnt don't fuck with soil!!!:D

Red October

where is the black Kongo? heard you saying was weak. Photos still?
I have abused those two plants very much, used them in a part experiment to see how I can send off the spider mites in my garden. I did learn that I have more predators in my garden too and I'm looking into ways to maintain the population that exists in my garden. I even have flies or gnats that eat aphids, I'm not even joking, I did not know that existed.

So unfortunately their current condition is not great but I didn't care much for them after seeing the extreme broad leaves and their autoflowering tendancy after only a few weeks in veg. Either the seller was just lying or he gave me the incorrect seeds. I was thinking of replanting them as they probably could still give a few grams each for me to try but I imagine it won't be anything special.

Latest posts

Latest posts