What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fitzera does Real Gorilla Headbanger x OPG, C4DD x OPG and Seedsmans White OG

Fitzera

The last of the girls came down on day 87. The Orange pheno of C4DDxOPG. Im still calling it that pheno but there's no orange terps left.
Very citrusy and you don't even notice the Chem until you walk away and then you get it.
Less dense flowers but nice size. Alot more larf on this one, got a good amount added to the fresh frozen pile.
This is also the plant that got the spider mites, so every leaf that was cut off was removed, sealed up in bags and tossed out. I then sprayed down the whole tent, the pot, soil, stakes and twist ties with alcohol. The whole tent will be hit again to ensure every nook and cranny has been gotten to. After that everything will be washed down with bleach. I do not want those fuckers ever again.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Fitzera

nice, shame about them horrible mites..

Tell me about it. I got really lucky with timing when I noticed them, and even luckier they didn't want any of the other plants. The 2 plants that were directly touching the affected one, I couldn't find any mites thank fuck. The one bonus of me only doing 2 runs per year is it gives me lots of time to clean and kill haha

even with mite problems you sure grew some beautiful plants

Thanks brother! It's always a work in progress, and I'm learning more each and every grow.

Fitzera

Trimmed up the sweet fruit pheno of C4DDxOPG. This is the one that I had to toss the largest top due to mold. Well I saw more mold in other tops as it was hanging. All 4 main tops got tossed. I went through this stuff methodically with an led flashlight and my led loup. 85g tossed plus the large top pre harvest. Such a shame, it smells really really good.
picture.php

Cutting buds from the stems it smelled all chem. I hadn't gotten any chem during flower, but all chem removing the stems. Then trimming is when the sweet grapefruit wafted about. It seems to have a real nice balance of the Chem and grapefruit. Very sweet.

The resin coverage is really nice, I think the remaining flowers will be some good smoke. 3.8oz survived.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Fitzera

The last of them trimmed. The orange pheno of C4DDxOPG!
Just like the sweet fruit pheno, the Chem came out after the dry. Mostly when getting rid of the stems. The grapefruit comes when handling the buds. Again, a very nice balance.
While these buds looked looser, they're actually quite dense. Unfortunately lost 45g of the main cola to mold too. At least it wasn't as much. 145g of good smokable flower!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Next run im gonna rethink my ventilation and air movement, see if I can make improvements. I already got a new can filter, much larger, that might allow a bit more air exchange. And I think ill add another fan down low and reposition the upper one. The new mars led has a much larger physical footprint than my old one and I think its blocking alot of direct air movement on the plants.

I'm going to take notes over the next little while and will be back with my final thoughts and smoke reports. On a positive note....had I not last any bud to mold, I would have been right at 1GPW!! Thats pretty dope. Much more than my last best.

The next run, while I'm unsure of my exact start date, will consist of:
Mr Nice Medicine Man
Bodhi Mountain Temple
Peak Sweet Skunk x Haze
DNA LA Chocolat
And my own creation Gorilla Zkittlez x Northern Berry

bs0

Very nice grow! Mold sucks a lot but it looks like you overcame pretty well. Such fat, fat buds. And that white OG good pheno is delicious.

I have a gelato x dosidos x OPG I am growing right now. Hopefully no nanners issues because my whole damn room is tinted yellow due to LED strength. I've been bending branches nonstop to help but still. Did you end up having anything seeded? Or were they just vestigal nanners? That's my worry about seeing your nanners on the OPG cross - maybe it's the OPG? Where my OPG cross is there is 0 chance of me getting back there for an investigation until the whole room comes down.

Fitzera

Final thoughts - C4DD x OPG edition
I used my Volcano for these reports rather than joints to get a stronger grasp of flavours.

Herm Pheno:
picture.php

As stated, hermed on me, and fairly early too. There are seeds present in this one. This plant never had a keeper vibe to it as far as how it looked to me or smelled.
Now that she is cured, its got a strong grapefruit flavour with a side of funk. But it doesn't seem to meld together in a way that is appealing. The high is good, not overpowering but it does have body stone and some burn out.

Chem Pheno:
picture.php

I still really like this one. I like the bright burnt orange hairs against the darker green and purpling (doesn't show well in the pictures). The smell is so strong and chemmy with some garlic and rubber now. This one had the least nanners, only a couple and later in flowering. No seeds have been found. This would be my keeper if I ran them again.
The flavour again is super chemmy. No other way to describe it. Its the chemist Chem I've had, put it that way. The high is stronger than the herm pheno but can be a daytime smoke if you take it easy.

Orange Pheno
picture.php

Huge dense colas, susceptible to mold so make sure your air movement is on point. This was a long flowering pheno at 12 weeks but worth it. The orange terps have come back slightly but its not so sweet in the jars. She threw nanners as well, around weed 7 or 8 through to the end but I havent found any seeds.
The flavour has some orange to it but its subtle and can be overlooked. Mostly fruit. Good high, not too much body so daytime is not out of the question.

Sweet Fruit Pheno
picture.php

Like the orange pheno is got very dense colas. She got mold. Aside from the height difference, this one has the most in common with the orange pheno. It also threw nanners, later than the herm pheno but before the orange pheno. No seeds have been found yet.
Cracking the jars you get sweet...orange...haha, funny how this one ended with orange terps after the cure. Not crazy strong though but more orange than grapefruit. The flavour is the same. High is similar to the orange pheno but more body to it.

Overall:
I feel there is promise in this strain but it needs to be cleaned up some. Alot of variation and some intersex issues. Very good yield but the bag appeal is lacking some.

Fitzera

Final thoughts - White OG edition

Pheno 1 the one you want!
picture.php

A little bit slower growing, give her time to build her root base and she will yield decently, better than she did for me! These were both the same pheno. She would be good for sea of green untapped. Turns almost black with a blanket of white resin.
She is very earthy OG smell with some slight citrus in the back. The flavour comes through the same as she smells with extra hashiness. The high is good, not too strong but it does have body and will burn you out.

Pheno 2
picture.php

This one grows similar but keeps some of her green. The buds are completely different, short stalks on the trichomes and smaller heads so you don't get that blanket...but there is still lots of resin. Less density, less OG funk.
Smells less, like a watered down version. With a bit more citrus and a slight berry background. Flavour is ok, and the high is meh but not bad.

Overall: Smaller plants, low yield but good quality and great bag appeal.

Fitzera

Final Thoughts - Headbanger x OPG edition

Pheno 1
picture.php

Strong growth, large and tall. Definitely needs support to help hold the weight of her flowers. No nanners. Again, no nanners! She has a sweet fruit smell while growing with some background funk.
Cracking open the jars youre hit in the face with sour. SOUR. Ive never had headbanger before, or any real sour strain so I was very surprised at how sour this is. Now I know sour. Behind the sour is grapefruit and then some underlying funk. Not too funky. The flavour comes through the exact same. The high is good, has more body and will burn you out.

Pheno 2
picture.php

I preferred the look and smell of this one while it was growing. The buds were more rounded and thick looking than pheno 1. The smell was sweeter and it just overall appealed more to me. Again a large growing plant. Yield to suit.
Cracking these jars its the same sour punch, but more fruit and funk behind it. Its like pheno 1 but more of everything. Again the flavour follows. The high has a slight less body to it so daytime use is a-ok! This would be my keeper.

Overall: large plants for large yields and a sour kick to the noggin!

Fitzera

And just a couple pics of my side project that im having a blast with right now!

picture.php

picture.php

And I have the next round of seeds started, everything is above ground except for 2 of the mountain temple. I thought I killed all of them when my paper towel dried out above the fridge germinating them, but two are up so I have faith. I planted them a bit deep, hopefully the remaining two are coming soon.

Fitzera

Very nice grow! Mold sucks a lot but it looks like you overcame pretty well. Such fat, fat buds. And that white OG good pheno is delicious.

I have a gelato x dosidos x OPG I am growing right now. Hopefully no nanners issues because my whole damn room is tinted yellow due to LED strength. I've been bending branches nonstop to help but still. Did you end up having anything seeded? Or were they just vestigal nanners? That's my worry about seeing your nanners on the OPG cross - maybe it's the OPG? Where my OPG cross is there is 0 chance of me getting back there for an investigation until the whole room comes down.

Thanks man!

I dont think you need to worry, my Headbanger x OPGs didn't throw any nanners. And so far I've only found seed in the hermed plant. Talking with Verdant I feel its just a recessive trait in the C4DD that has recombined with the OPG in just the right way to come out. Funny though, the most Chem leaner threw the least nanners.

rolandomota

Veteran
An epic test thread wow bravo I wish I could do something like this I had grapefruit in my Chemdd x opg and I could smell the orange velvet in agent orange and jack the ripper but it ended up grapefruit similar to c99 grapefruit but lighter not so Candy in your face type like c99 @PANIKZ look here man some of the testers did a wonderful job dont be disappointed bud

Latest posts

Latest posts