What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

COVID-19 Boots on the ground reports, what is happening in your town?

St. Phatty

If they did more testing, they wouldn’t have to close business. They would know who to quarantine.

Exactly !

Singapore didn't even have to shut down their schools.

They have so few cases they've been pushed off of page 1 @
https://covid19info.live/

The US is reaping what it sewed, the true cost of electing STUPID leaders.

I don't mean that in a name-calling way, I mean Trump is really stupid.

He talked about the cancellation of standardized tests for high-schoolers as if that was a good thing.

No doubt the SAT was terrifying for Trump - a contest where wealth couldn't help him.

But there is a LOT to be said for "Drishti" - yoga term for what you focus on, during a posture.

High schoolers stuck at home should be focussing on preparing for THIS YEAR's tests, not next years.

partially to buy their parents some sanity.

The DNC gave us Trump by nominating Hillary, instead of Sanders.

h.h.

Veteran
Exactly !

Singapore didn't even have to shut down their schools.

They have so few cases they've been pushed off of page 1 @
https://covid19info.live/

The US is reaping what it sewed, the true cost of electing STUPID leaders.

I don't mean that in a name-calling way, I mean Trump is really stupid.

He talked about the cancellation of standardized tests for high-schoolers as if that was a good thing.

No doubt the SAT was terrifying for Trump - a contest where wealth couldn't help him.

But there is a LOT to be said for "Drishti" - yoga term for what you focus on, during a posture.

High schoolers stuck at home should be focussing on preparing for THIS YEAR's tests, not next years.

partially to buy their parents some sanity.

The DNC gave us Trump by nominating Hillary, instead of Sanders.

Good point. It could be done online.

X

xavier7995

Kind of shocked at how many are out and about. Figured I would take my kid sledding yesterday and it would be empty, but nope, packed. Seemed like more people than normal walking dogs/jogging/etc. Tried to hit the mountains and find a little spot to pull off and chill out but they were all full. Doesnt seem to be much real panic...but dammit I just want to make my normal purchases of eggs and frozen pizza. Haven't braved costco and not planning on it, might hit the liquor store in a few days.

mowood3479

Veteran
GET over yourself and get with the program! <--- full stop!!! Which part of self-isolation didn't you get in the memo. Next step is quarantine. You think you got it ruff now! Let's stop shitting on govt and actually assist them.

I didn’t know cops grew herb

M

Mr D

NYC tri state area vehicle traffic light to medium. Neighborhood foot traffic higher than normal. Stores busy, stock varies but mostly pretty good. Toilet paper, paper towels, lysol type products seem to always be gone. Purchase limits on some items.

Im'One

I went to Walmart for our weekly grocery run. We do the online order and a pickup in the parking lot.
Norman oklahoma walmart supercenter was busier than usual. We got funny looks for wearing gloves and masks when talking to our delivery boy.

M

Mr D

picture.php

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Dove Creek, Colorado has a positive (edit: Make that suspected. People need to be precise.) Covid patient now. That's way more than close enough for me.

Someone we know went to the Dove Creek clinic for an appt. AFTER they were allowed into the building, checked in and in a room, the were then told a patient in the next room had tested positive for covid. Just curious as to why they didn't mention this *before* letting people in the building?

Nice. Ignorance is a lot more dangerous than people realize.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
We are locking down tighter tomorrow. Only essential services will be allowed to open. Thankfully liquor, beer & cannabis are all considered essential services & the stores will remain open with reduced hours. They have already put 1M lines on the floors (and sidewalks) to mark spacing in lineups in the liquor stores.

X

xavier7995

Denver and boulder are closing down tomorrow at 5. In a rather massive screw up they stated that liquor stores and dispensaries had to close, no liquor deliveries either...dense lines quickly formed around the block at both sorts of establishments. That policy was revised in short order. They all got carona getting carona.

Edit: as far as I know I can still go out, its Denver county and city and then the city of boulder are all that is closing. I am in the burbs.

redlaser

Veteran
nobody walks their cats.

what's up with that ?

There is a local guy that walks his cat into stores pretty regular. First saw him in Home Depot slowly walking up the aisle with his owner.

Was a long haired tan cat, funny to see, especially the speed that it walked, which was slower than the owner who wasn’t fast.

Talked to him about the cat once and he claimed it would swim with him a couple days a week.

M

moose eater

Fairbanks Costco is opening up an hour early for those over 60 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, as freight comes in on Monday and Wednesday nights, and is put out between hours as a rule.

I joked as we left the bush, based on the bit of tube in the bar at the road re. the happenings a week ago, that I half expected to pull into a small town we over night in on the way home, to see Woody Harrelson in a Jeep, toting a 12-gauge at a theme park or something.

Didn't happen. What DID happen was upon our return to town, all the panic-ridden people, apparently more neurotic than myself, had turned most stores into post-apocalyptic, post-riot, post-looting scenes.

I told a meat dept. guy it looked like they were holding onto the dregs of a rabid going-out-of-business sale.

Fortunately Costco appears to believe that at least seniors shouldn't have to engage in hand-to-hand with the unruly more youthful rabble, in order to properly wipe their asses.

Shopped online for P100 masks, with a guaranteed minimum filtration of .3 microns, though the virus is stated to be .1 microns; hopefulness with a cynical twist abounds.

'Hunker down' or 'shelter in place' have gone from somewhat comical concepts to "Huh, we probably ought to get some frozen veggies, make some slightly tighter masks, and re-learn cribbage."

As of last night, Alaska had 32 confirmed cases, State-wide. By my loose guesstimates, considering that some/many are reported to test positive and remain mostly asymptomatic, others with mild symptoms, and yet others with ass-kicking, life-changing outcomes, and the limited numbers overall who've been tested, I wouldn't be surprised at all if there's at least several hundred or even twice that not yet confirmed or revealed.

State advises a self-quarantine of 14 days if returning to Alaska, entering Alaska, or if a person has been in contact with someone who has been confirmed as positive.

Travel into Canada is now restricted, or on its way to being, so my appointments with my dentistry team over there are in question.

The reunion for the Hippie School is now cancelled; wasn't going anyway... lots of reasons.

Freezer's full of a modest amount of recently acquired lake trout and burbot as a source of heavy metals & rich omega 3's and protein, as well as last year's moose meat, and a smattering of this, that, and the other, sufficient to pretty well top out my 21 cu. ft. upright. My other freezers are finally emptied, and turned off.

A neighbor I rarely speak with, offered my younger son to plow our driveway, but my son was already half-way through it, so he declined at my request, and finished. Nice gesture none the less.

The panic among shoppers, fueled by rumors of martial law, and every other magnified progression in assumptions by those more frightened by unknowns, is truly a pain in the ass.

Other than that, I've become a renewed 'Gun Smoke' fan, and appreciate their message, early for its age, re. race relations, morality, social/community belonging, and many other attributes. I think they were ahead of their time in many ways.

I think our species might learn a lot about ourselves from these times.

Oh, oh, oh; The Anchorage Daily News reported several days ago that cannabis retail stores and liquor stores were experiencing a notable up-tick in business, relative to the 'hunker down' order given by the Anchorage Mayor. For some reason, this trend seemed to surprise some of the more puritan or stiff-minded. They failed to realize that increases in profits to brothels, drug and alcohol vending, and gambling, have often accompanied times of economic fear, at least in our Country, despite the counter-intuitive sentiments portrayed by such priorities.