What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

from seed to cuttings

terrier

hi guys I cant get my hands on any cuttings so I'm going to have to start off with seeds. how long do you think it will take growing a plant from seed before I'm able to take cuttings I got a 300w cfl to start them under.

BC32

Most would generally say around 2 months is about as early as you want to do, but I have found you can take some cuts at a month, maybe even earlier. They are generally as hearty as their mother, hence the longer the veg on a mother reduces time for the clone to get to flower.

CrushnYuba

I think it depends how many cuts you need, and how fast the plant grows. More intense light and Warmer temperatures will make them grow faster.
I veg my seeds in a heated greenhouse with real California Sun. 85-90 degrees and somewhat humid. My seeds grow twice as fast and show sex much sooner then seedlings grown inside at 70f.