Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > I'm finally building a small grow room!

Thread Title Search
I'm finally building a small grow room! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-06-2018, 03:40 AM #1
BigJohnny

BigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really nice
I'm finally building a small grow room!

Well with cannabis being legal here now, and being that I already had much equipment I decided that finally after years of being a member here and on OG I'll grow some of my own damn plants.

I've wanted to do this since way back in the OG days but life did what life does and I find myself here now.

Here's a video of what I've got going on right now, I'm just starting to build the room and will have to start doing electrical really soon.

I'm planning on a sealed room because I have the means to do so and probably running 2x600W halides, and 2x600W HPS. not sure how to lay those out just yet though.

I'll be going with a true aeroponic setup as per the ancient TAG thread from OG, using spray nozzles from Agrihouse.

Let's hear some feedback.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
BigJohnny is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:33 AM #2
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud of
Very cool man. You must be very excited to be able to grow legally and in peace, I know I would be. Looks like you've got the place you need to be able to set up a nice grow.
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

Old 11-06-2018, 05:40 PM #3
BigJohnny

BigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really nice
It is nice to not have to worry, were allowed 4 plants but if you're medical you can have a lot more.
My big concern is home insurance. One company canceled on me way back when I was getting insured because he thought I was already growing even though I was legal. That put me in a high risk market now.

So I don't know how any other companies will view it now but I'm making sure everything is done to code, and that there won't be issues with mold or destroying the house.
im also trying to renovate the place socit could be possibly rented out later.

Old 11-06-2018, 09:05 PM #4
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud of
Yeah, dealing with the legal aspects is one thing, dealing with insurance companies is another. I'd imagine that some might cover it but the premium will be through the roof. They probably figure that some dumb pothead will manage to burn down the house by Jimmy rigging the electrical work to the grow or something of that sort. Though I'm sure you're perfectly capable of setting up a safe grow, I wonder if you had a professional electrician set it up or give it a look over the insurance would be willing to work with you.

Old 11-06-2018, 09:21 PM #5
hyposomniac

hyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nice
Codewise, Being right up against the cement like that might raise some eyebrows, at least where I live.
Nice 15s
hyposomniac is offline Quote

Old 11-06-2018, 10:17 PM #6
BigJohnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyposomniac View Post
Codewise, Being right up against the cement like that might raise some eyebrows, at least where I live.
Nice 15s

Having what right up against the cement?

Old 11-06-2018, 10:21 PM #7
BigJohnny

Day 2 - The electrical fustercluck

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSumTomatoes View Post
Yeah, dealing with the legal aspects is one thing, dealing with insurance companies is another. I'd imagine that some might cover it but the premium will be through the roof. They probably figure that some dumb pothead will manage to burn down the house by Jimmy rigging the electrical work to the grow or something of that sort. Though I'm sure you're perfectly capable of setting up a safe grow, I wonder if you had a professional electrician set it up or give it a look over the insurance would be willing to work with you.

The homeowner is allowed to do their own electrical work as long as the permits were pulled, then it gets a pre-inspection and final inspection before the walls go up.

As long as I follow code and clean this shit up there shouldn't be any electrical problems, and if you watch my other video I just posted above you'll see near the end that my electrical is clean af.

I'm paying for all my electricity and nothing is bypassed or rigged up. I just need to get the permits, but I can do the work ahead of time, get the permit, call in the inspector and call it a day.

Old 11-06-2018, 10:37 PM #8
King Rat

King Rat is just really niceKing Rat is just really niceKing Rat is just really niceKing Rat is just really niceKing Rat is just really niceKing Rat is just really niceKing Rat is just really niceKing Rat is just really niceKing Rat is just really niceKing Rat is just really niceKing Rat is just really nice
Nice to see a long time icmag user finally setting up his first grow room.
Ask insurance companies which aspects & regulations need to be fulfilled by your side to get the insurance.
Some might tell you they won't do it under any circumstances and some others give you the proper requirements you can rely on.
King Rat is online now Quote

Old 11-06-2018, 10:43 PM #9
JustSumTomatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnny View Post
The homeowner is allowed to do their own electrical work as long as the permits were pulled, then it gets a pre-inspection and final inspection before the walls go up.

As long as I follow code and clean this shit up there shouldn't be any electrical problems, and if you watch my other video I just posted above you'll see near the end that my electrical is clean af.

I'm paying for all my electricity and nothing is bypassed or rigged up. I just need to get the permits, but I can do the work ahead of time, get the permit, call in the inspector and call it a day.
Where I live it's illegal to do your own electrical work unless you're a licensed professional and the city gives you permission to do electrical work within its limits. My grandpa was a retired electrician and did all the work on his own house. He taught me a lot about electrical safety and whatnot. I personally don't have the experience to do it but if you know what you're doing and your local law gives it the thumbs up, more power to you.

Again, I'd be interested to see how the insurance company would respond to a home grow. Properly set up of course. I'd imagine that here in the states they would still not take it well in a green state. The whole federal government thing makes state legalization complicated.

Old 11-06-2018, 11:35 PM #10
BigJohnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSumTomatoes View Post
Where I live it's illegal to do your own electrical work unless you're a licensed professional and the city gives you permission to do electrical work within its limits. My grandpa was a retired electrician and did all the work on his own house. He taught me a lot about electrical safety and whatnot. I personally don't have the experience to do it but if you know what you're doing and your local law gives it the thumbs up, more power to you.

Again, I'd be interested to see how the insurance company would respond to a home grow. Properly set up of course. I'd imagine that here in the states they would still not take it well in a green state. The whole federal government thing makes state legalization complicated.

I'm going to call my broker and discuss it, but I'm nearly paid up for the year, and I could already switch to regular market but since I've already paid I'm sticking with it until next year.
So I can call and discuss my options for an indoor garden and have at least 6 months to prepare.

1 members found this post helpful.