What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

No-till Bed SOG

Veggia farmer

As the title says..

I have a bed that is approx no-till. I have tried With one plant per lamp With decent results. Now I would like to change the game a little bit.. because I dont wont the room for vegging and It sometimes hard to cover all the area without vegging..

Anyone been here before?

DunHav`nFun

As the title says..

I have a bed that is approx no-till. I have tried With one plant per lamp With decent results. Now I would like to change the game a little bit.. because I dont wont the room for vegging and It sometimes hard to cover all the area without vegging..

Anyone been here before?
Waiting to see what you come up with......What size is the bed or beds.....how many lights in the room and what size is the room.....also....

What strain will the SOG consist of.....needsta be more indica dominant hybrid that`s more single cola dominant and has more stretch to utilize the canopy depth of light penetration for increased yields....Strains that don`t stretch when flipped must be vegged longer to yield comparably....anyways....lot to consider....

Good luck....DHF.....:ying:

Canna Joey

In a 3ft x 3 ft area I would only run 9 plants otherwise it can be counterproductive

There is a 30or 50 gallon fabric bag that may help with the no till method
I’ve seen people use large plastic tubs

Are you using a veg room and a bloom room ?

If so just let them grow to the size you want them then transfer them to the flowing room

Veggia farmer

Lets say I have something like a industrial room…. Concrete… I use appox 1/3 of the total Space for the flowering room… Will soon install everything in there.. Make a mom/cutting/veg room.. I have a coulpe of 1x1m tents... I think I will use at least one tent for harvest/drying with a dehumidifier...

The flower room is 7 meter long and almost 3m wide… I have only ONE bed at the moment... and its 40-50cm high little over 6m long and around 2,5 m wide.. really Nice with 10plants covered with Straw on top of the soil… The bed has two rows… with each lamp spaced 1,2m from each other..

I use a veg room yes, but need to build something more permanent.. Everything is a mess to be honest.. shakinghead mates...

I liked the link beacuse i have been curious about doing it from seed... Longer time frame then from cutting?? Guess so but If not i could save some lamps from the vegging..

I bought some seeds in the dam and are doing seedruns and finding mothers at the moment... can find the list later... Both Indica/affies and sativas... Open for suggestions! Have an old friend than need help with the sativas, so for me and him and maybe one more I will do some sativas.. But how is that in sog? could to it in another room if doesnt fit.... Herijuana, maybe a cross with it, I got gifted will probably the first thing in... The mother has lots of resin... OG kush is in a seedrun now...

Dunhav`nfun you know my English is soo good… Soo you recommend Indica HYBRIDS or just indica in general??

DunHav`nFun

Most definitely indica hybrids that will stretch accordingly as well as yield in a decent timeframe.....

True Indica /wide leaf dominant varieties take so long to veg for any amount of yield at all , much less don`t stretch for shit NOR create deep enough a canopy to form proper cubic footage of nugs and colas from optimum light penetration.....now...…

For instance....I`ve got a bunch of old beans I popped that`re sentimental and that`s the only reason I`m running em because they`re so slow it`s like watching paint dry.....NLxG13xWW`s and about8-10 internodes and only maybe 9" tall.....IOW....

Gonna take FORFUCKINGEVER to veg these bitches big enough ta flip and get any damn weight at all out of em ok ?...….lol.....anyways.....

Ideally , you want 12" fully rooted cuts flipped 12/12 and finish @ 36-42" from bed and gives perfect canopy depth without vey much cleaning underneath at all strain dependent of course....

Go look at Inspecta`s stuff as suggested above bro.....He`s been around forever and has an organic bed SOG setup for you to get some perspective from.....Good luck and...…

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:

thailer

for my vegging area, i have a three tier shelf with adjustable shelves that i use for clones. once my clone gets rooted well in her solo cup, i transplant her into her final no till container. that container is in a "bloom room" which i actually veg in for a while and then flip the lights. I can fit six large bushes in there. mean while, I have another room that i do the same thing in except it is already in bloom ahead of the newer room about 4-6 weeks. My no till pots are quite large and the clones need time to establish themselves in such large containers in order to grow their best. this way i am using all my large expensive to operate lights to only veg a couple weeks and most of their veg time is under cheap shop florescent shop lights either cloning or growing in solo cups.

So if it was me and my bloom area was only 1/3 of my total area and the veg is the other area, I would change them both to bloom rooms but harvest each room 1.5 months apart and only veg in them for 2 weeks. then keep a small shelf area for clones and keeping moms in small form for a veg area.

with no till beds, its best to transplant them when they're small and let them grow and expand their roots in the bed for a couple weeks before flipping to bloom. that makes it difficult because the whole room is flipped and harvested compared to the typical grower who does a perpetual bloom room. so instead, i've found it easier to do perpetual rooms instead of adding new plants to my bloom room every couple weeks.

Veggia farmer

Since last post.

All soil dug out to make one bed per lamp, five beds in on row.

Each bed is 1,2mX1,2mx0,4m.

Getting 10 630w CMH lamps.

Still working on the mother/baby room to get it dialed in, need more isolating too start with and change from hps to T8 and T5 for small and bigger cuttings.
MH or t5 for moms? have both options.
Its room for 840 cuts at the same time.

Isolating the flower room in the same time when I get lamps, too cold in winter. Will see how it goes from there. Have been starting to think about AC. Summer and winters can be tough, autumn and spring is good. See a lot difference.

One grow with bigger plants with new lamp, before starting with one lamp each week with more and smaller clones.

Concrete walls. No good drainage outside. Lot of moist inside. Ideas? I dont want to work to much on it outside because of noisy two legged animals. Keep it quiet. Been thinking of just using this building plastic inside, but then I need to do it on floor and walls, seal in from inside? Have been flowering in 70%RH, expect for summer when it was too how mold and fungus has not been a big problem. But very bad this summer, botrytis kept coming, had to snip a small bud here there each week for a month or two.