Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Turning 75

Thread Title Search
Turning 75 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-25-2018, 06:14 PM #41
Ratzilla

Ratzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSmokie View Post
What kind of car is it Rat?
Just a daily driver,nothing special it's a 2010 model but looks like it just rolled off the showroom.
No kidding!
RatZilla
Ratzilla is offline Quote

Old 08-25-2018, 06:32 PM #42
Ratzilla

Ratzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really nice
Today was day7 of veg. They got their inoculation of beasties, WC and molasses,a weak solution.
I selected another 6 to go by the wayside.I am looking for athlete's.
Now down to 40,still have 16 to pick by the looks of it i'll be giving up some nice looking plants.
Culling out what i determine bad keeping what my eye tells me too.
This is also one of the baton passing event about ready to be getting near.
Over the Years i have determine that from day 10-16 is when they show hunger.
Their cotyledons will begin to fade and then they will start cannibalizing the first real set of leaves to tell us growers that they want more.
I waste no time in transplanting knowing what happens if i'am not on time.
Any time lost here will never be gotten back,gone forever!
A true baton passing moment.
RatZilla

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-29-2018, 02:20 PM #43
Ratzilla

Day 11
I have now culled down to 24 plants,still babies in my eye.
They all look happy starting their 3rd node.
I THINK that I am seeing more of a Indica thing with 1/2 of these little ones,their leaves look fatter the usual.
I think that is a good thing for some unknown reason,intuition?
Gave them another inoculation ,using Worm casting and cow manure for the biology and molasses for the food source.
I am disappointed in how little roots they were growing in looking at the ones that I culled.
I got fresh Mikos to use at the transplant.
So thinking 3-4 days for their hunger to start to show.
It is at that point that I treat them as vegging plants and not babies.
Truly a transition about to take place,baton pass coming up!
RatZilla

Old 08-29-2018, 02:28 PM #44
944s2

944s2 has a reputation beyond repute944s2 has a reputation beyond repute944s2 has a reputation beyond repute944s2 has a reputation beyond repute944s2 has a reputation beyond repute944s2 has a reputation beyond repute944s2 has a reputation beyond repute944s2 has a reputation beyond repute944s2 has a reputation beyond repute944s2 has a reputation beyond repute944s2 has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Ratzilla,,,
nice one and lots more years of growing to come,,,,,,
peace and regards,,,,,,,,s2
944s2 is offline Quote

Old 08-29-2018, 06:11 PM #45
Ratzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by 944s2 View Post
Hey Ratzilla,,,
nice one and lots more years of growing to come,,,,,,
peace and regards,,,,,,,,s2
Thank You!
Went to the DMV got a personalized licence plate.
It says GNG CRZ How many get this it looks easy?
It takes 2.5-3 months to get this plate from the state.
Nov.7th is my birthday,a big one for me.
Turning 70 was big but the next 4 were not now another big one.

So is The Rev still around? No body knows?
I don't want to go to the stinky to find out.
Is he per·so·na non gra·ta???
RatZilla

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:31 PM #46
OkieSmokie

OkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of light
GNG CRZ

Going Crazy? Or Growing Crazy?
OkieSmokie is offline Quote

Old 09-02-2018, 09:24 PM #47
Ratzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSmokie View Post
GNG CRZ

Going Crazy? Or Growing Crazy?
Going but Growing works also.
Was gonna put GON CRZ but i am hoping i still have a ways to go.

I got all my babies into their vegging pots and already i can see the green centers coming from the apical meristem.
I dusted the holes that the little ones went into with Mykos & Azos.
All 24 plants took but 1 hour from start to finish for most of the work went into pre building the pots before hand.
One mistake i made is in building the vegging pots i ran out of cups to make the holes to fit the cups the babies were in and i failed to put drainage holes in the new cups,so after watering them in I had that sewer smell (bad beasties) the water just sat in those cups for 14 days.
Thinking fresh air and a fresh tea that i watered them all in with will override the bad for the good.
It was only in 2-4 of the cups and i dump the water and did not use any soil that was in those sewer smelling cups.
I only have 1 log book left,after my new carpet (many things were tossed in favor of getting rid of weight in moving cabinets and such)it goes back to 2014 and almost every grow of Skunk A Rella i mentioned how Indica they were looking ,I say 60% indica -40% sativa.
I will allow these new pots to dry down well which usually takes anywhere from 9-14 days before the next watering.
These plants will get 24-30" tall before sexing and transplanting into their flowering pots.So 4-6 weeks of vegging.
I also want to mention that SAR don't take to topping to well.
They take forever to get over it and they also take on some mutation when topped,so I stopped any topping.
I will now get a top dressing down in the next week or so with more food for the many surface roots that i want filling these pots.
I have a special way of laying it down.
I also get much fulfillment when i water these top dressing in.
I also will pre-build my 10, 12" sq. flowering pots.
Much work to get done.
I also need to check on the 4' fluorescence that i will be seed making under I think it's not working,bulbs or ballasts,it is a tight space for me to get in and out of only like 3' tall.
In the meantime my birthday is a creeping up on me ,Oh Yea Baby!
RatZilla

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:57 PM #48
Ratzilla

Plants are now 20 days old and most starting their 6th node.
I got 10 flowering pots built with airy bottoms and buried treasures.
I also got a top dressing down in my vegging pots so buried treasures on the bottoms and plenty for the beastie's to munch on up top.
Here is what i did
I first lay down 1 ts of powdered oyster shell.
I do this for any ph diving that might try to take place for the amendments to follow.
I then lay down 1 tbsp of green sand, i know it takes a long time to break down but i recycle my medium so i feel like plenty of trace minerals come from this green sand over time.
Then some worm castings to set the stage so to speak.
I lay down some alfalfa and kelp for both are great food sources for the microbes.
I also put more Zeolite and calcium bentonite clay for their positive ion holding power.
I then cover all this with pine bark nuggets and sprinkle some blood meal on top again to keep the micro-life happy.
I grow thick roots on top by doing this and it is just the first top dressing of many more to follow.
I favor Alfalfa during veg and kelp during flowering.
I am one peep that believes that the plant is in charge and will take up what it's wants.
I opine that it gives the roots choices with layers and zones.
I love watering in these dressing and so does the plants.
Now to fix my 4' T-12 florescence fixtures that I'll be making seed under.
Thinking they just needs bulbs?
RatZilla

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:05 AM #49
OkieSmokie

OkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of light
Fingers crossed its just bulbs. But a new ballast for the t5s shouldnt break the bank. My odds on bulbs.

Im still learning the whole organics thing. Im certain its the way i want to go. Your layering thing is pretty cool. Most of the other mixes are just that.

Old 09-08-2018, 03:29 AM #50
OkieSmokie

I also got some Ace gear the other day. Im looking forward to growing out some of their Sativa Hybrids .