Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Turning 75

Thread Title Search
Turning 75 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2018, 10:04 PM #31
Ratzilla

Ratzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesum View Post
Hey Ratzilla, how does the current smoke you have compare to what you had starting out? I know overall it is more potent now, but do you miss some of the old lines? I noticed Michoacan and it is a favorite of mine now and early 70's. Might be different than the one you smoked.

Just vaped up some Thai. All oldies here except C99.
I don't think that i could wish for better smoke .
Well maybe more potency but don't we all want that.
I did try and find when i first crossed two of my favorite smokes.
I got rid of a bunch of stuff and my notes now only go back to 2012 .
I did see a grow of SAR mentioned in that 2012.
A red hair skunk that kinda reminded me of a long lost Mexican sativa.
I wondered about how it got it's name of red hair being Skunk#1 was way redder.
It was a great tasting ,great producer but it did lack a kick.
My other favorite was C-99 a light producer but a nice kick.
This is the reason many crosses have Cinderella in it,as well as being a early maturing strain ,where the Skunk red hair was a full 10 weeks.
By combining the two Skunk A Rella now gets done in 8-9 weeks and makes rock HARD nuggets when cured.
I try for big cola's, Donkey dicks is what i call them but they only get grounded up in a grinder for my favorite way to enjoy is to roll a fatty.
Over the years with a few back crosses most of the ladies flowers now get purple ,black at around the 7 week.
I like everyone looked for the holy grail and went from one strain to another never really getting to know any of them well.
Decided i would get to know my hybrid strain well, almost no more surprises and think of her as TOP shelf!!!
This run i renewing my seed stash with crosses that will be made from seeds made in 2014 and 2016.
I feel that this is one of the ways to just knowing!

Today i made up my 24 vegging pots.
Here's what i do.

My veg pots are 6 in sq.I take my reused many times base medium mix and add some jazz to the bottom of the pots with extra WC, Coir, Perlite and diatomachous earth so it's a nice draining bottom ,I hate soggy bottoms!, to this i add some calcium bentonite clay and zeolite to raise the CEC.
I only put this mix on the very bottom of the 6 inch sq.like a couple of inches now I put what i refer as buried treasures ,or zones if you like.
I put a TBL of agricolas best dead center bottom 4-5-4 and put a ts of jump start in two corners 4-5-3 and organicare grow 6-6-5 in the other 2 corners.I cover this up with another inch or two of base mix.
I feel that these buried treasures gives the roots choices, if they don't like it they can easily grow around these zones.
I learned this from the Rev.
Having sq pots make this easy.
Now i place what the babies are in now 16 oz cups on top and fill in with my base mix.So when it comes time for the transplant i only need to remove the cup from the center of the sq pot and drop babies in and back fill.
Easy ,easy!
By building your pots ahead of time this gives the beastie population time to settle in and acquaint themselves to what is available to them.
I then sprinkle some neem cake on top to keep the fungus gnats population down and water this in with some rain water that has molasses in it.
I can always add whatever with top dressing ,I like alfalfa with other things in veg and kelp and other amendments during bloom.
I also make tea's and water with them.
Without pictures i can only hope to paint one with words.
I hope that you all get the idea.
RatZilla
Babies are on day 1 of veg and they are already reaching.
Now i am bragging.
Ratzilla is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:37 AM #32
OkieSmokie

OkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks for sharing Ratzilla. Im along for the ride.
OkieSmokie is offline Quote

Old 08-20-2018, 02:13 PM #33
Hobbyist

Hobbyist is a jewel in the roughHobbyist is a jewel in the roughHobbyist is a jewel in the roughHobbyist is a jewel in the roughHobbyist is a jewel in the roughHobbyist is a jewel in the roughHobbyist is a jewel in the roughHobbyist is a jewel in the rough
cool thread, nice posts ratzilla.
Hobbyist is offline Quote

Old 08-20-2018, 03:51 PM #34
Ratzilla

Ratzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really niceRatzilla is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSmokie View Post
Thanks for sharing Ratzilla. Im along for the ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
cool thread, nice posts ratzilla.
I try to be entertaining.
The more the merrier.
So no one has answered my question about the Rev, I worry about him being he's so prone to catastrophes.
He is a fast burning candle! and wonder how long he will keep his light.
If anyone has contact with him say I wish him well,please.
LOL
I love that guy in a manly way of course!
RatZilla

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:49 PM #35
Ratzilla

For all practical purposes it's day 2 of veg.
Something new has appeared that i can't remember seeing before,one plant is variegated both its cotyledons as well as it first real leaves.
Different i think?
With 58 babies ,on day 2 i can already see the leaders emerging from the pack,some showing more vitality (growth) right from emerging, bigger,stronger, it shows.
I love the first real leaves pointing skyward like a bird in flight with it's wings at the highest point, just before they start driving downward.
I mean you don't ever want your babies to be eating lead paint or breathing in asbestos, RIGHT?
You got any babies steroids .
LOL
What i am saying is every loss will never be gotten back starting right from the very beginning.
Think of the race, think of a perfect baton pass.
I know these babies will start cannibalizing their selves around day 10-14 in these cups that is filled with fox farm seed starter (light warrior) which has NO nutrients in it except for that pinch of jump start .
So with pots already built knowing i'll have about 8-10 days to go,it's feeling good.
Thinking about using a new product on the wife's car. I am a amateur detailer and probably know more then most so called detailer.
For instance I think that the days of Wax's and Sealants will soon be over once the public learns about ceramic coatings.
Cool nano particles for sure.
So long Mr.wax.Hello Ceramic nano particles that last up to 2-3 years with one application.
But i digress!
Making a tea for tomorrow.
Mostly a biological inoculation if you will.
Worm castings ,some cow manure, a little molasses for a food source for the microbes that are in things like this need to eat and not least,Thrive Alive green, 1 ts/4 gallon the last time i'll use the thrive alive this grow.I also use a surfactant , Yucca is my choice.
I believe in making my water wetter.
I do all this with collected rain water ,i have a 55 gallon barrel with a air pump set up in it,it very seldom runs out.
I leave it bubble for 30 hours or so.
Hopefully good things will follow.
Can you tell that i'am a stoner!!!
Ratzilla

Old 08-22-2018, 05:03 PM #36
Ratzilla

First off I am a klutz ,I spill things, knock over shit that isn't even there.
I also can't find things that are right in front of my face.
I just a messy ,messy boy so my wife tells me.
Well I just got new carpets in my house.
I also grow in my house. True I have a back deck with much of my stuff that i use for my hobby.
I did put down some of those 2 x 4 plastic pads ,you know the kind office chairs are made to run over in hopes of keeping it as clean for as long as i can.
But I know time will eventually be the winner when it comes to my clumsiness, but i am trying hard.
Today I took up all cups ,back filling to take up some stretching that babies tend to do but before watering,I needed dirt to do that.So I had to bring dirt in.
Whew!
Then i watered all cups @ 4 days, I did not realize how many 58 cups are after bringing water in then having a bucket for the drainage from the cups to take out.
After a simple clean up it looks like my carpets survived the day.I also have a dog and a cat so between myself and them ,i know it's only a matter of time.
I am in the race!
It took me 2 hours.
RatZilla

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-23-2018, 03:22 AM #37
OkieSmokie

OkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of light
You're awesome Rat

Old 08-24-2018, 09:57 PM #38
Ratzilla

Making a tea for tomorrows inoculation it's more then a feeding.
Tomorrow is day 7 for them,have i have them on a 4 day watering cycle.
So thinking right around the next watering they will be big enough and hungry enough to love their new homes.
I think of their new 6 in sq. veg pots as condominium with room service.
Everything they will want to get big and strong.
I culled a bunch, will be down to 46 so 14 plants were scrutinize and deem unworthy.Lots more to go.
I also see about 6 plants looking more indica then sativa and will do my best to go in that direction (but ultimately it's up to them) especially in making new seeds.
I TRY and let my plants be the conductor and with my role as a facilitator.
To digress i spent 8 hours on wifey car yesterday and still not sure it's any glossier.
It's hard to move a pinnacle.
RatZilla

Old 08-25-2018, 05:23 AM #39
OkieSmokie

What kind of car is it Rat?

Old 08-25-2018, 04:46 PM #40
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Do you prefer the BLD (indy) dominant plants?

What are the differences between the NLD (sat) & BLD (indy) plants other than leaf shape?
MJPassion is offline Quote