What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Taima-da

I've had the road rolling and billowing under the car;
a symphony of clouds, hills, music and light blended in unimaginably thrilling beauty;
the movement and sound of waves tickle unknown corners of being, all from chewed cob.
The crystal clarity of DMT without the geometric manifestations.
Tripping stupid giggling inability to keep a straight face.
A sense of compete awe and gratitude.
Irresistible delirious saturated wipe-outs near coma.
A deep appreciation of musical genres I could never understand previously.
If the music puts a spell on me I know the cob is still working.
And like Tangwena, a mystifying capacity to feel where the fish are in the water when fishing.
No true hallucinations yet though.

Mostly wilder tropical ace strains but also a few others, some Bodhi, a Sumatran, all different, depending on the depth of cure. I like the way you never can tell what's going to happen on any given day.

I can vouch for Salvia. Can turn your entire visual field into a twisted bon bon wrapper and leave you just a tiny cog crushed under the wheel of the universe.

Tangwena

Veteran
but have you seen it with eyes, and solid? Also, how much curvature? i mean a 90 degree angle would be hallucination, a 10 percent angle sounds a bit,, meh.. not like.. you know...
you tell me, yes, or no.
Having taken heaps of acid as a young man the effects are very different more insightful beautiful and loving.
So no, no oranges that are not there, more a feeling of ecstacy and awe, for me 100% better than any acid trip I ever had.
Depends on the pot it was made from though, many highs are just monotone like a speed high or narcotic.

One thing unique I have found and this is only my experience with the pot I have grown recently.
Is after a few hours of loosing touch with whats real and whats imagined it is easier to just close my eyes and let go, not sleeping but tripping in my head.
Very real memories of things long forgotten in my past.
That I am able to relive and re enter as if its today and happening now.
To rectify things I did badly or wrong at the time in what feels like real time.
When I come round after an hour or so I'm still high but with a deep satisfied feeling that all is right in the world.
Its not LSD, or any other drug its THC effects taken to the max.
As I commented to Mad Mac when I first met him online many years ago now.
90% of the pot smokers on these forums have never been really high on grass before.
Stoned yes but not really really high its something beyond beautiful and has nothing to do with tripping.
Although many can only think of that word to describe it its not a good description.
The effects are deep inside your soul and impossible to pin down each person has his or her own experience.
AND IT DEPENDS ON THE POT not all pot is able to do this.
If you have to ask you are a ninety percenter.

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
Get in - MadJag and MadMac.JPG

blondie

I’m looking forward to my cobs more I read these posts. I’m thinking mine got over dry to begin with though. My humidity was about 30% and I think in my case I needed a day or half day drying then vacuum bag. I waited longer sadly. Ive got a beast of a red snake going right now and that is going to be cobbed quite wet sometime in late August.

Been some decades since I’ve had any “Brain Douche” (LSD or shrooms). sounds like done right cobbs should douche out the old noggin pretty good.

Tangwena

Veteran
I’m looking forward to my cobs more I read these posts. I’m thinking mine got over dry to begin with though. My humidity was about 30% and I think in my case I needed a day or half day drying then vacuum bag. I waited longer sadly. Ive got a beast of a red snake going right now and that is going to be cobbed quite wet sometime in late August.

Been some decades since I’ve had any “Brain Douche” (LSD or shrooms). sounds like done right cobbs should douche out the old noggin pretty good.
Please forgive me I dont know your gender so do not take this the wrong way.
A member on another forum called Sweet Sue who I suspect is close to my age wrote of her experience on chewing some Malawi cob.
She was walking down the road feeling incredibly good about herself and the world in general.
When she noticed men noticing her for the first time in a long while.
Almost as if she was radiating love and beauty.
Its a very apt observation and exactly how it feels. It brings back your love of life and everything in it.

Taima-da

Some of my most memorable were from what I had initially though a little too dry, though the smell on inspection should have let me know things were underway.
Those ones just take longer in the bag and can take a year or so to hit their stride but end up being a rocket ride 🤞

Tangwena

Veteran
Some of my most memorable were from what I had initially though a little too dry, though the smell on inspection should have let me know things were underway.
Those ones just take longer in the bag and can take a year or so to hit their stride but end up being a rocket ride 🤞
So true I'm heading that way myself these days less is more as they say.
I dont even think about trying them until at least 3 months aging for that very reason.
Having a lot to choose from makes it easy though I have 2 year old cobs I am yet to try.
Once I find a good one I tend to dwell on that cob for a long time ha ha.

It sure makes the harvest last a long time. I'm putting off my next grow until September and I have way to many seeds to choose from.
I'm thinking one fem Destroyer, one fem Zenith because I have to know.
Then four regular Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian because thats my current go to cob.
I would also like to grow so many more but I'm restricted by my available space.
6 is all I can squeeze in unfortunately.
Life cant get any better, well legalization could make it better but thats still a way off unfortunately.

romanoweed

If you have to ask you are a ninety percenter.
thats the weirdest statement i ever read on the forum.

but just to make shure ill ask, why do you think that?

i mean im ok with it, i think you go down the route of : i havent spoken about beauty of cannbis-effects, so therefore i wasnt high or something.

anyway, i sleep now.
probably anyone on this thread ever hallucinated on weed, tell me, yes.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
NOPE,, Ive never had that kind of high from any weed...How we perceive the high can be very different.. haight-ashbury was a frequent stoner location growing up in the bay area Ca. That was the place to get bulk LSD sheets.

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
thats the weirdest statement i ever read on the forum.

but just to make shure ill ask, why do you think that?

i mean im ok with it, i think you go down the route of : i havent spoken about beauty of cannbis-effects, so therefore i wasnt high or something.

anyway, i sleep now.
probably anyone on this thread ever hallucinated on weed, tell me, yes.
Most certainly I have but that was as a new smoker so that obviously was the reason.
Theres nothing weird about that statement at all, plenty of people have very little experience of getting high.
The fact that you ask such a crazy question in the first place was what led me to state the obvious.
AND I stand by that statement.
There is an old martial arts story that goes.
Two students had 10 years training each the master was asked what was the difference between the two.
He replied one has trained and studied for 10 years.
The other has trained the first year 10 times.

Taima-da

In light of the things that it does do (at least for some), the things that it doesn't do seem relatively unimportant... but anyway, again: no (or not much) psychedelic hallucination.
However, very much trips of the mind...
Chewed cobs have a different effect to what people are generally used to with cannabis;
similar, but totally it's own thing.
My bet is you'll love it

Last edited:

romanoweed

i really cant follow you so if i hallucinated on weed, is it a crazy habit to ask people once and for all if they hallucinated too on weed?
for me its the most normal thing(besides it became a bit abnormal because only a handfull people seem around that anwser yes. So its sorta weird conversation. like imagine you saw an ufo upclose, and you can either realise that really nobody ever saw an ufo and never ever talk about it, wich feels sometimes nervy... / or you can ask 100 times, because it became important to you because you experienced it, right.. but 99,9 percent you will feel weird asking around because 99,9 percent of time people react like you are a weirdo. lol (not that i have seen an ufo, that was an example.. to explain why its not a crazy question..)

romanoweed

and i tell you why its nervy to not speak about it: because acording my research its imaginable that many, if not all our genetic is degenerating.. and EVALUATING smokereports is part of the deal , to find out wich strain is like the original Strains still.. The original strains made people hallucinate.. very very few have those strains.. so... my only goal isnt evne talking to soothe my nerves, you know to speak about it.. No its to evaluate degeneration of origianl landraces..
thats really the only reason i speak about it.. i actually dont like talking about that on the net. its a very intime experince.. thats why i never mention what i saw or how i felt.. because its special a weed ahllu. its really nice..

And your staement that some were youg , that why hallucination .. does it matter that i ws only smoking for a year? imho not really.. it matters how beautiful the weed experience was, its not only about the things i seen anyway..

so..

the reason why i think all genetics are degenerating, well becuase absically all hallucinations beeing reported, and they are few, are all from old times, or old strains of low generation landraces collected in the 70s basically.. i hope thats understandable and nomore just crazy to you. anyway.

Last edited:

funkyhorse

and i tell you why its nervy to not speak about it: because acording my research its imaginable that many, if not all our genetic is degenerating.. and EVALUATING smokereports is part of the deal , to find out wich strain is like the original Strains still.. The original strains made people hallucinate.. very very few have those strains.. so... my only goal isnt evne talking to soothe my nerves, you know to speak about it.. No its to evaluate degeneration of origianl landraces..
thats really the only reason i speak about it.. i actually dont like talking about that on the net. its a very intime experince.. thats why i never mention what i saw or how i felt.. because its special a weed ahllu. its really nice..

And your staement that some were youg , that why hallucination .. does it matter that i ws only smoking for a year? imho not really.. it matters how beautiful the weed experience was, its not only about the things i seen anyway..

so..

the reason why i think all genetics are degenerating, well becuase absically all hallucinations beeing reported, and they are few, are all from old times, or old strains of low generation landraces collected in the 70s basically.. i hope thats understandable and nomore just crazy to you. anyway.
Romano I agree with you in some things but disagree on others
I disagree with Tangwena about the 90%, it seems the % is getting higher by the day
What I am seeing is a process of hybridization in agricultural products and cannabis is one of them which started with globalization
The food in the 80s and 90s was much more tasty. We had ox heart tomatoes superdelicious and very big. The problem is they had very short shelf life of less than a week so they got replaced by hybrid GMO tomato which is not tasty and cant compare

Ayahuasca was also better before until beginning 21st century than now. Why? Because of greed, all the quality banisteropsis caapi from the jungle has been almost wiped out in order to export it to markets like Europe, USA and Japan. The best left are the old bottles stored at private cellars made in the 20th century
The result is there is no more ancient banisteropsis caapi. The oldest vine had the most knowledge, the younger vine growing in private gardens is not the same quality. Lets compare to whisky, it is like drinking Chivas Regal 21 year old and comparing it with a cheap local whisky

In cannabis what I see happened is the introduction of foreign genetics in landrace places so all landraces are gone and hybridized
I also think all of us have different parameters and we are not understanding each other
In the 80s and 90s I had mild entheogenic weed every day. Today I dont find it
I am making a small test with some weed I have to see, I got answer from the first test from an entheogen user. I will also test growshop owner and fellow local grower of modern weed I want to see the same results for all of them because I am hearing too many different things and want to have parameters tro see if we are talking about the same thing

Questionaire sample testing:
1) Size of spliff: they used for the test a Rizla 1 1/4 size paper filled pinky finger size and rolled without filter southamerican style
2) Duration of effects: entheogen users report first spliff hits 30 min, second spliff hits 15 min 3rd spliff no high
3) Munchies report: intermediate munchies after 30 min of the first, certainly an apetite opener
4) Type of effect: outdoors activities or sitting in the chair high for movies/videogames? Outdoor activity weed
5) Quality and duration of effects of the high compared with the high you are used to: same quality

I report same effects as the entheogen users, I want to see if non entheogen users have same effects or if it is stronger for them
Is this the quality of weed you guys are used to? Is this your standard? This is the same quality as the local market and matching the quality I smoked in Amsterdam coffeeshops a few years ago
I call this kind of weed Sativa CBD and this is what I am getting from all over Europe with the tag sativa, doesnt matter if south or north europe
Is this the high quality in american dispensaries as well?
So what you are having is a process of cibidization(CBDzation) of cannabis all over. It is becoming sativa cbd, it is done under artificial lightings totally antinatural and it will never be the high as before hybridization.
Only few people have mild entheogenic creeper weed and they are certainly not sharing it and it is not for sale

For me the standard of quality is: Rizla number 1 paper rolled with a third to a quarter size of the thikness of your pinky finger with a filter. This little spliff contains 12 tokes. After 6 tokes I stop and wait 10 min. After 10 min you should be getting high for at least 2 hours or more. I am used to this weed. I started growing because the local market is at best CBD sativa and it pisses me off, it is placebo of ganja
In the 80s and 90s there was weed that made you see colours in South America. It wasnt rare, it was the quality. There were better batches and worse ones
Ayahuasca effects and cannabis is sinergic, but it must be Santa Maria quality, this kind of weed I am describing 3-6 toke weed
I dont like modern weed, I grew up and smoked all my life landraces in South America and Asia and the difference with modern weed is staggering

Have a nice week everybody

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Please forgive me I dont know your gender so do not take this the wrong way.
A member on another forum called Sweet Sue who I suspect is close to my age wrote of her experience on chewing some Malawi cob.
She was walking down the road feeling incredibly good about herself and the world in general.
When she noticed men noticing her for the first time in a long while.
Almost as if she was radiating love and beauty.
Its a very apt observation and exactly how it feels. It brings back your love of life and everything in it.
Tangwena,

Please tell 'Sweet Sue' that I have adopted the SWICK system combined with automatic watering, and love the convenience. 10 gallon bags of soil. Happy microbes and plants. Not very many SWICK style growers out there.

I have to try chewing on a OHz cob. They are still in the vac bags, besides the little one I smoked.

romanoweed

funkyhorse: it doesent matter what the hippies did for me so much, the few hallucinogenic reports stemm mostly from them. AND MY report stemms from me, when i hallucinated , that time we smoked pretty strong atleast strains, landraces were the exeption.. thc might risen since by a third, but that doesent mean the breeders from holland that all made seeds back then in switzerland because our laws didnt leave some outstanding strong stuff here.. right? so i find this be a good debunking argument overall.

ALSO, there IS one guy who , i dont tell you who, who had hallucinations in 2018, one lonely guy.. And guess what he grows the stickiest, wellgrownst Sativa ive seen in my live, no exagguration, one after the other day by day.. he also outcrosses his sativas, including the one that made him hallucinat with hybridss.

so, i know why im firm with my statement..
If i dont reply to all your eventually following arguments i do it, because ive done it with multiple guys over and over and over again..
For me, trying to be objective as CAN BE... i hallucinated 2 times, one day, the bud was visibly different, it was also subjectively said, and after ages of research a very classy bamboo thin, jungle genetic..

thats point 1, it was visibly special, like a 25 weeker it looked.. bamboo thin.
point 2: i never have taken other entheogenes or substances before, so save the backflash theory
point 3: it was a fresh but, the taste very mild, i could see every sigle plantmatter, because it was so airy,, the visible features simply match with highest class sativa, not with beeing laced.. a very well loved theor that people bring... the high, well i cant say i know every drug, but it was a ganja high, atleast i tend thowards thinking that.

point 4: it wasnt set, setting, it was such a average almost too normal day in the week.. ok,
point 5, i always keep forgetting wich astounding theories people bring up, so its actually no point..
oh,
point 6: yes i was young, yes i smoked only for a year.. but ,, well, it was so ultimate the one of bouth times, that i smpli dont care unless i was a baby and overdosed by a stupid factor... lol
the dosage was so low (3 puffs) that the high was in same time ultrasoft, absolutely free of anxiety, and same time mounted in a firework of epereince, while staying anxietyfree the whole time. it was simply special weed, is my only conclusion.. for me its really like im telling you about ufo-expereince.. and guys talk it down, but the ufo was so close, i even talked to the aliens as the exited, and now people try to tell me all their explonations.. it was ultimate expereince, thats why im so firm.. of i just hallucinated a fly on the wall, lol, i wouldnt bother trust me.. also dont think the opposite that it was scary or overwhelming, it was simply good and i just want to talk about this anymore..
thousand theories of people who never had it.. thats all.. it doesent matter.

all i wanted to hear is did anyone hallucinate on cob cured bud.. seen the hallucination with own eyes..
even funnyer there are two three guys that actually indicate they had similar experiences, one totally indicates it, well he heas it , tripweed, and you never go to them and ask them, are you truthfull, did you really see it, all you do is theorie theorize.. thats ok.. i get it, but i dont like it..

because with it, you prevent me helping to point out to how to preserve a tripweed line. hell i could evne give you the link incase you didnt see the other guys statement that he hallucinated on weed.. none such request i get on overgrow whre trading allowed none.. so, im happy i have some clower collegues who simply eperienced the same, these few guys may with likelyhood doo some seedruns. im tired. bye bye

romanoweed

ok, some positive sides in your post where you dont question everything.
finally someone listens to small degree to ufo story..
but really the most preffered response is to question me, is it true?, what you mean?, you swear?

im really sick of people making either me look small, or themselve big..
many responses over and over again.. never the response, is it true, what you mean, you wear..
never..

or atleast put the own theories in question by saying, i dont know but.. (i mean that i was a teenager then is basically the only good critique i try to anwser openminded.. but that means to say, well, does it matter?)
. that way i can anwser with: good counterargument, but honestly because point a , b c, i tend to think the truth is truth d. lol