Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > The IC Organic Growers Community Thread.

Thread Title Search
The IC Organic Growers Community Thread. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2013, 09:23 PM #31
Lapides
Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler

Lapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant future
I'm still a little scared to take the plunge into recycled soil. I'm really happy with the results I get with a peat/perlite/ewc/lime/bone/blood/kelp/greensand/biotonesuperstarter mix with just water. I have really grown quite fond of my blumat drippers so I don't want to have to use teas throughout my flowering cycle.
I grow in 75 gallon beds, 2 per 1kW.

This is Casey Jones at 62 days, after a 2 year growing hiatus on my part -

Recycling Dirt Is Ridiculously Easy

The LEDs That Are Changing the Game
You can't stop me. I'm like a weed. I might disappear for a moment or two, but I will pop up somewhere else and will never stop growing.

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Lapides is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:35 PM #32
MrSterling

Lapides it doesn't sound like you're too far off. Just reuse what you have and start from here. Other than the biotone you and I are pretty much on par with ingredients. I wouldn't worry so much about the teas as a big issue.

Old 06-15-2013, 11:10 PM #33
Microbeman
The Logical Gardener

Microbeman has disabled reputation
Lapides; What do you do with your growing media after harvest?

"When the facts change, I change my mind.
What do you do, sir?"
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone."
~John Maynard Keynes~
Sorry: No questions by PM, check my webpage

Microbeman is offline Quote

Old 06-15-2013, 11:16 PM #34
Lapides

Lapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microbeman View Post
Lapides; What do you do with your growing media after harvest?
I reuse it for vegging plants. So I guess I DO reuse it, just not for flowering.

You can't stop me. I'm like a weed. I might disappear for a moment or two, but I will pop up somewhere else and will never stop growing.

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Lapides is offline Quote

Old 06-15-2013, 11:25 PM #35
Lapides

My biggest fear is not really knowing how much of whatever to add back in. Too much, too little, it just really bothers me. Mainly because I have such consistent results mixing new stuff the same way every time. I don't have to think about or guess about anything. I tried reusing once, and the result seemed to be fine. But anything after that, I get really nervous about having too much or not enough of something.

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Lapides is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:59 PM #36
VortexPower420

VortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really nice
So I was reading the lancaster ag quarterly pamphlet and Dr Paul Dettloff Recommends adding 5 things to foliar sprays

Proteins/Aminos - Fish hydroslyate or other source
Trace elements - seaweed, sea minerals
Sugar - Molasses, Diatastic malt
Carbon - Fulvic acids

Old 06-16-2013, 12:10 AM #37
VortexPower420

VortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really nice
Damn thing sent without my permission..... Ill try again

So I was reading the lancaster ag quarterly pamphlet and Dr Paul Dettloff was talking about increasing mineral content in forage grasses and how to improve their protein content and healthy growth rates.
He recommends adding 5 things to foliar sprays

Proteins/Aminos - Fish hydroslyate or other source
Trace elements - seaweed, sea mineral
Sugar - Molasses, Diatastic malt
Carbon - Fulvic acids
Sea salt - for EC on the leaf surface

I use a foliar of 1 tlbs/gal Organic Neptunes, Water from a kelp soak, 1 tsp molasses, 30 ml Ful-power, and 1 tlbs Seacrop

Plants respond in a positive fashion

Timbuktu

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:13 AM #38
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
recycling works for me, but i also struggle with the lack of knowing exactly what is 'left' in my soil mix. i wouldnt say the results are any better than only using the soil once (i used to re-use my cannabis soil in the general garden), but you probably get the benefit of some of the amendments a lot more in a recycled soil.

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's 63Watt LED Micro cab.

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG
VerdantGreen is offline Quote

Old 06-16-2013, 12:24 AM #39
W89

W89 is a jewel in the roughW89 is a jewel in the roughW89 is a jewel in the roughW89 is a jewel in the roughW89 is a jewel in the roughW89 is a jewel in the roughW89 is a jewel in the rough
@ Lapides Thats why it's best to add a diverse mix of feeds, then you wont have to worry, as you will have everything available at different times, aslong as you keep adding the diverse mix then you will be gravy

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:34 AM #40
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
yeah its pretty forgiving.

Chem D 3.5weeks

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's 63Watt LED Micro cab.

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG
VerdantGreen is offline Quote