Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > The IC Organic Growers Community Thread.

Thread Title Search
The IC Organic Growers Community Thread. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2013, 07:26 PM #21
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
MrS im pretty sure that the malt thing is a watering/soil drench rather than foliar. i think its a sugar type deal like molasses but with extra enzymes and goodness.

weird, nice, is the colouful pic a bubba? looks close...

was wondering, everyone, what was the last thing you changed/added to your grows that really made a difference?

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's 63Watt LED Micro cab.

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG
VerdantGreen is offline Quote

Old 06-15-2013, 07:53 PM #22
Payaso
Administrator

Payaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivor
Going organic is giving me some awesomely large plants this year... must be the worm castings and other goodness that is alive in that soil now... instead of dead compacted earth with chemical nutrient drenches we now have some life out there in the garden
Payaso is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:55 PM #23
VortexPower420

VortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really nice
The thing i added or changed was the addition of my own nutrient rich diverse home made worm castings.

Also I just lucked out and found the mother load of compfrey, so I have nice layer of compfrey it really keeps the surface of the soil nice moist and active.

I have also stared using Coconut water, i have to say damn nice growth response with that as well.

Personally I feel after you get a good soil mix, Worm castings and a good mulch of living and dead plants really helps keep the soil alive and happy. The rest (coconut, aloe, sprouts, teas) are just boosters. The plants will produce most of the same things on their own in a happy healthy soil.

As us dirt nerds know happy soil= happy plants = patients and happy me

Timbuktu

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:15 PM #24
MrSterling

The guys in the big plants thread use it foliar and it's in the recipe for that discontinued "Brix-Mix", which was discontinued because the bottles exploded in transit. The company was kind enough to give out the recipe. You'll recognize most of the ingredients, the BRIX crew is on a parallel path I think. Credit goes to user rootzbelow,

"this is the recipe that PVFS sent me if you would like to make your own......

The following are the proportions of ingredients we used in our Brix Mixes

Feel free to change the blend to suit your needs and the availability of the ingredients. You do not have to use every ingredient for the mix to be beneficial. For example: if you don’t have Phytamin 4-3-4, you could sub a liquid fish or a dry fish powder, like HFPC hydrolyzed fish. If you prefer, you can use a liquid kelp extract in place of maxicrop. If you don’t have a trace mineral deficiency, you can do without the MB powdered chelates. Keep in mind that kelps, such as maxicrop, do provide some trace minerals. If you don’t have access to a liquid sulfur, just leave it out of the blend.

Liquid Brix Mix

16.5% Molasses

16.5% non GMO pure Malt

25% Phytamin 4-3-4

24% Humax

16.5% liquid sulfur

1.5% Therm-X 70

Dry Brix Mix

13% Maxicrop

19% Fertall MB Powdered Chelates

31% Powdered sugar

37% Diamond K soluble Sulfate of Potash"

I was planning on doing a foliar spray of TM-7 today (1/4t/gal.), and decided to add some of our school of thought and the BRIX school as the above recipe was a little vague in doses and I don't have much of the ingredients. To the TM-7 I added 2T/gal of Neptune's Harvest fish fertilizer, 1T/gal diastatic malt, 1/4c(4T)/gal of aloe vera extract (I use the Lakewood brand, you want something without preservatives but remember to put it in the refrigerator once it's open), 1/4c(4T)/gal coconut water, and 1T/gal of unsulphured blackstrap molasses.

I was thinking of adding 1T/gal of either kelp, or a smaller dose of neem oil but don't want to introduce any more factors on a first go and would want to bubble the kelp for a bit anyway.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:19 PM #25
Microbeman
The Logical Gardener

Microbeman has disabled reputation
Weird; I think you win so far on yield with that number one photo.

Now for something a little different.

"When the facts change, I change my mind.
What do you do, sir?"
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone."
~John Maynard Keynes~
Sorry: No questions by PM, check my webpage

Microbeman is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:20 PM #26
bigshrimp

bigshrimp is just really nicebigshrimp is just really nicebigshrimp is just really nicebigshrimp is just really nicebigshrimp is just really nicebigshrimp is just really nicebigshrimp is just really nicebigshrimp is just really nicebigshrimp is just really nicebigshrimp is just really nicebigshrimp is just really nice
I've had success using coconut flour as a substitute for coco water. Currently using one tbs flour bubbled for a few hours in water, then dilluted to five gallons with fulvic. Increased vigor in veg, and frost in flower so far.

Here's my little bocking 14 girl

MMMP Patient/Caregiver

Last edited by bigshrimp; 06-25-2013 at 05:52 AM.. Reason: lowered from 2 tbs to 1tbs. should be aerated due to high sugar content.
bigshrimp is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:31 PM #27
Microbeman
The Logical Gardener

Microbeman has disabled reputation

"When the facts change, I change my mind.
What do you do, sir?"
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone."
~John Maynard Keynes~
Sorry: No questions by PM, check my webpage

Microbeman is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:38 PM #28
lobsterbush

lobsterbush is a jewel in the roughlobsterbush is a jewel in the roughlobsterbush is a jewel in the roughlobsterbush is a jewel in the roughlobsterbush is a jewel in the roughlobsterbush is a jewel in the rough
Hey everybody!

Some lovely nugs in here.

Here is a shot of my current garden after 7 days in flower. Grown in my own recycled mix consisting of peat, compost, perlite, forest duff, alfalfa, plant-tone, DE, bentonite, oyster shell and probably a couple of things I'm forgetting.

Come follow along as I look for some new flavors
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=255916
lobsterbush is offline Quote

Old 06-15-2013, 09:08 PM #29
3rdEye
Alchemical Botanist

3rdEye is a name known to all3rdEye is a name known to all3rdEye is a name known to all3rdEye is a name known to all3rdEye is a name known to all3rdEye is a name known to all3rdEye is a name known to all3rdEye is a name known to all3rdEye is a name known to all3rdEye is a name known to all3rdEye is a name known to all
Must have missed something again.

Thanks for getting this thread going. I've been off and on with all sorts of different organics, but now i'm working on building soil from scratch again. Lots of stuff in there similar to shrimp's stuff with a few other odds and ends thrown in. Been using sprout solution with great effects.

Alfalfa, oats, barley... got true comfrey and the bocking cultivar, a few types of yarrow, mints out the wazoo, and a whole lotta other plants

Lots of love and respect to everyone who has contributed to the discussions and knowledge base. Someday maybe i'll add something back that'll help others out.

Old 06-15-2013, 09:21 PM #30
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
the comfrey plants get quite big. here is a 10 year old bocking 14 cultivar.

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's 63Watt LED Micro cab.

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG
VerdantGreen is offline Quote